The online racing simulator
Thank you fellas!

I should probably RTFM next time
If there is any manual.
can't really go higher because flash's maximum image resolution is 2880*2880. Currently the maps are 2560*2560 (a good resolution because it fits well with LFS's coordinates)

We could create maps of 5120*5120 and cut it into 4 pieces, but i think flash will throw up then.
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :ashame about race-specator then? But this is great!

Tbh, I don't have any time todo research and development for the 2D/3D spectating part in RS and now i'm not going to bother I'll keep RS updated with features special for leaque races.
To keep track of the total time/Lapcount, total pitstops ect. So more an statistics tool, rather than a full graphic version.
Quote from windmouse :

1) Images of the tracks in higher resolution, they don't look particularly well when you zoom in.

2) Highlighted combination of the track, it's currently very hard to tell where the cars will go, especially in the South City.

<One deleted after Victor's clarification about technical details>
Two could be another option - a "outlined" view or a simplified one where the other bits of tarmac are astroturfed over.

A small minor thing : the X shaped trees - for example - which look perfectly fine when blasting past them at 200+kph, don't look very nice from a blimp. Also, there are holes in the world at some points which - as I said - don't matter when racing but aren't totally asthetically pleasing from the air. Would a little bit of photoshop work be possible? It's not a really useful feature or a bug, it's just a minor detail though.

Also, would an automatic director be possible? I.E. something that cuts to where the closest two cars are/to a yellow flag/to a pitstop?
Holy crap.

Now that's a fantastic development. Great work Victor!
If my job thought I slacked off before.....wait til they see me with some hot coccoa and a blanket staring at my monitor.

....I smell a promotion
it's awesome! good job
Dunno if has been reported yet (or if its already on your list vicc), but it seems that the hostlist cuts the last host (maybe some kind of scrolling possibility needed).
Quote from three_jump :Dunno if has been reported yet (or if its already on your list vicc), but it seems that the hostlist cuts the last host (maybe some kind of scrolling possibility needed).

Use the mouse wheel over the list.
Good job, Victor. When I was writing my php insim handler, I thought of the same idea (except for the media - I thought of Ajax+SVG)
#62 - MR_B
Good lord i've made a mess all over my keyboard again...... (I need to stop having drinks so close to the pc)
omg... all these devs are so damn innovative

PS: Found one "bug" - if you select on "Show speed" once, you get never back to the start value... You can choose between MPH and KPH but not "none".

Greets,
Warper
This is absolutely brilliant. The best flash applet ever created

I would welcome an applet parameter that would specify the server to which the applet should connect to on start-up, instead of displaying list of hosts. This way I could fully integrate it into my LFS webpage.
Possible?
#67 - troy
Quote from Warper :omg... all these devs are so damn innovative

PS: Found one "bug" - if you select on "Show speed" once, you get never back to the start value... You can choose between MPH and KPH but not "none".

Greets,
Warper

thats what i thought first too, but if you look close you will see an "on" "off" button for that too just over the mph/kph button
Quote from troy :thats what i thought first too, but if you look close you will see an "on" "off" button for that too just over the mph/kph button

Iam so stupid... But then it should be improved a bit... so that the subpoint got a little difference in backgroundcolour or something like that.
This is wonderful! thanks for the hard work!
Quote from FireFox86 :Tbh, I don't have any time todo research and development for the 2D/3D spectating part in RS and now i'm not going to bother I'll keep RS updated with features special for leaque races.
To keep track of the total time/Lapcount, total pitstops ect. So more an statistics tool, rather than a full graphic version.

Really appreciate it, FireFox.
Quote from Victor :a scroll bar is still on my list

Respect for this crazy shit anyway
Only thing I noticed was that it didn't seem like I could zoom in far enough. Even at the maximum zoom level the cars were kind of tiny, would be nice to be able to zoom in a little more. The monitor I was using at the time was at 1600x1200 so I assume that contributed to this.

Also, would it be possible to make the name font on Spectator be the same as the in-game name font? Just felt kind of strange, not really a huge deal though.
Quote from pit3k :This is absolutely brilliant. The best flash applet ever created

I would welcome an applet parameter that would specify the server to which the applet should connect to on start-up, instead of displaying list of hosts. This way I could fully integrate it into my LFS webpage.
Possible?

use the host parameter in the url. Like http://www.lfsworld.net/remote/?host=CTRA%20Race%201

Quote from UncleBenny :Only thing I noticed was that it didn't seem like I could zoom in far enough. Even at the maximum zoom level the cars were kind of tiny, would be nice to be able to zoom in a little more. The monitor I was using at the time was at 1600x1200 so I assume that contributed to this.

Also, would it be possible to make the name font on Spectator be the same as the in-game name font? Just felt kind of strange, not really a huge deal though.

can't zoom further unfortunately. The map just disappears then. No idea what to do about that. I tried cutting up the map into smaller pieces. That indeed gave more zooming range, but it also slowed flash down by a lot, so i reverted back to one map and a bit less zooming.
#74 - joen
Quote from UncleBenny :Even at the maximum zoom level the cars were kind of tiny, would be nice to be able to zoom in a little more. The monitor I was using at the time was at 1600x1200 so I assume that contributed to this.

I second this. Or at least the ability to make the fonts bigger and offer more contrast would make it even better
#75 - troy
Quote from UncleBenny :Only thing I noticed was that it didn't seem like I could zoom in far enough. Even at the maximum zoom level the cars were kind of tiny,

did you turn the option "bigger cars" to yes? i'm also on a high monitor res, got no problems to see all the action with that option on

LFS Remote / Spectator
(378 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG