The online racing simulator
well you are the oval king :P
Quote from 510N3D :*cough*, please read my reply in this thread (link) and then you get quite an idea about whats going on at the oval, basically. I refuse to get any more into detail here because some people obviously spread just nonsense without even knowing it. This discussion will always be at the same poor level of quality since the "anti oval fraction" will never be able to create the amount of passion which is needed for a objectively judgement. Just in case they would eventually join a proper server, assumed they accept or understand this definition because the amount of "strange" rules that are beeing applied can be really annoying or illogically while ignoring the fact that they have been created for several important reasons, and give it go and not for just a couple of laps or races, which is actually the reason for the lack of knowledge. But that wont happen i guess since it would disprove almost 90% of their argumentation. I cant even imagine how the result would be without concrete rules on a oval server. Just in case you manage that on a public base with a better result then we have, please let me know. Im just happy that i have got the ability to make the best out of things even if they might not be 100% perfect or realistic. Positive ignorance so to speak

However, i had a good laugh while reading some of this stuff

Thanks for your attention.

Cheers

I'm sorry, but if a so called proper server is running cars with the highest amount of grip around an oval, then it is not a proper server.
Quote from PMD9409 :I'm sorry, but if a so called proper server is running cars with the highest amount of grip around an oval, then it is not a proper server.

Where you get that from? Formula cars run ovals all the time? Cmon people stop being so immature about all this.

FORMULA's RACE ON OVALS get over it go home and find something else to rant about.

Sure the cars physics are not perfect for oval racing but it's all LFS has at the moment, I don't see the big deal. You go back to your so called proper server and leave these guys to their proper server.
Quote from funnybone2 :well you are the oval king :P

Thanks, but no im not.

Quote from PMD9409 :I'm sorry, but if a so called proper server is running cars with the highest amount of grip around an oval, then it is not a proper server.

Im sorry, but why should we run a server with cars having just road tires, no downforce and not even the option for a asymmetric suspension on a oval? Of course its more complicated but its just not working on a public base and besides thats, its boring since there is not even a realistic draft engine.
Just imagine if you fly into turn 3 after catching a draft of 3 cars or so with a road car and you have most probably people around your that simple do not expect that you have to go wide through that turn, even if you have just passed them on the inside at the straight.
We had a few races with these cars and this is what i have noticed but just in case someone has a different opinion about that, because i have seen a couple of XRT or LX4 servers recently, please let me know. And dont get me wrong, its not that i completely dislike it but i prefer to race with these cars in events where you have only people around you that are aware of these facts. However, i think GTR cars as we have them on our Oval Starters server do have alot of grip but i dont think that (having the weight of these cars in mind) these cars are very easy to handle and everyone is able to race them. Almost the same goes for the BF1, its easy to drive around but ask yourself: Is it also easy to go fast around that track without draft? And is it easy to race with it? Like with a couple of cars around you and be still fast?
this is a good idea for people who like oval racing, this would be a fair idea aslong as they make something just as good for racers
Oval track racing would be great. I'm a big NASCAR fan and I think some oval track racing would be another option that would make for a nice change of pace from the twisty tracks. This game desperately needs some new tracks.
how about

A non-downforce race car for the single seater crowd

And could someone explain to me this misconception that you cant race a stock car on a road course?
nice one, but i dont think that i would fall in love with it :P

About your question, i suppose its just another preconception based on hearsay? Just ignore it.
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :

And could someone explain to me this misconception that you cant race a stock car on a road course?

I would like to know too =) Take the body panels off and if it's a symetric chassis I could have sworn it looks like a GT spec car with a tube chassis =)
Could easely falled in love with that car :lovies3d:
Quote from Viper93 : Where you get that from? Formula cars run ovals all the time? Cmon people stop being so immature about all this.

FORMULA's RACE ON OVALS get over it go home and find something else to rant about.

Sure the cars physics are not perfect for oval racing but it's all LFS has at the moment, I don't see the big deal. You go back to your so called proper server and leave these guys to their proper server.

Even though that's not what I was saying, what race of the season do F1 cars race on an oval?

BTW, I apologize for the proper server etc comment.. got a little ahead of myself.

Quote from 510N3D :Thanks, but no im not.

Im sorry, but why should we run a server with cars having just road tires, no downforce and not even the option for a asymmetric suspension on a oval? Of course its more complicated but its just not working on a public base and besides thats, its boring since there is not even a realistic draft engine.
Just imagine if you fly into turn 3 after catching a draft of 3 cars or so with a road car and you have most probably people around your that simple do not expect that you have to go wide through that turn, even if you have just passed them on the inside at the straight.
We had a few races with these cars and this is what i have noticed but just in case someone has a different opinion about that, because i have seen a couple of XRT or LX4 servers recently, please let me know. And dont get me wrong, its not that i completely dislike it but i prefer to race with these cars in events where you have only people around you that are aware of these facts. However, i think GTR cars as we have them on our Oval Starters server do have alot of grip but i dont think that (having the weight of these cars in mind) these cars are very easy to handle and everyone is able to race them. Almost the same goes for the BF1, its easy to drive around but ask yourself: Is it also easy to go fast around that track without draft? And is it easy to race with it? Like with a couple of cars around you and be still fast?

If you are drafting up on to the back of a pack/car (that is not familiar to the line) then you should wait until you get to the corner so you can easily pass him without worries. Also, I never said the BF1 was easy in a pack, but since the server is for "junkies", you would think that the cars would be difficult to drive in a pack, and by yourself.
Quote from PMD9409 :Even though that's not what I was saying, what race of the season do F1 cars race on an oval?

Up until next year, Indy.

Cheers,
Matt.
Read my post carefully. I know it's not gonna be run next year. Which is why I said "Up until next year." Still, they ran on the oval, even though its only a part of it.

Cheers,
Matt.
Well that, and Indy cars are in fact a type of formula car.

for several years the Indy500 was actually a points paying event for formula 1 drivers that entered
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :Well that, and Indy cars are in fact a type of formula car.

for several years the Indy500 was actually a points paying event for formula 1 drivers that entered

Well as far as I know INdy cars are much faster than F1 cars, and they have less wings compared to F1 cars. But, if you take less wings and remove the restriction on the F1 cars, they easely could done 400 km\h +++
i would think the Raceabout would make a good non-downforce race car as well, with the addition of slicks, a hard top and serious roll bar. Wouldn't even neccisarily need any more power, just give it bigger brakes and strip it out a little

DONT FORGET MODIFIEDS:
Quote from lizardfolk :

DONT FORGET MODIFIEDS:

and sprintcars, and legends, and mini's, and and and =) There are tons of cars that run on ovals =)
IMO stock cars could be justified and so could an IndyCar

An IRL type thing would have a three litre ethanol burning V8 single seater, really heavy. Can also run on road courses as well, I believe they did Mid-Ohio in 2007 and also St Pete.
NASCAR, ARCA and SCSA also race on road courses, it would be great to drive a stock car of any kind.
I love nascar
and it will be really cool to test...
But i think all admin's dont want to do .. so small suggest.. if u know
-
(Willem-racer) DELETED by Willem-racer
Quote from aroX123 :I love nascar
and it will be really cool to test...
But i think all admin's dont want to do .. so small suggest.. if u know

:blank::blank::blank::blank::iagree:
I hate nascar
+1(quadrillion)

when we get this, we also need a working pacecar-system built into LFS
Quote from The Very End :Well as far as I know INdy cars are much faster than F1 cars, and they have less wings compared to F1 cars. But, if you take less wings and remove the restriction on the F1 cars, they easely could done 400 km\h +++

Yes, but the engine would blow up after a minute or so at 19,000 RPM (the current rev limit)
Ignoring that, an F1 car would deffo lose to an IRL car on an oval. F1 cars just aren't built for ovals. Some bits could be done for that, however it's at the edges of the physics so it's not particularly worth bothering with.

On a road course, however, the IndyCar would get pwned.

Quote from KeiichiRX7 :Well that, and Indy cars are in fact a type of formula car.

From 1950 to 1960

Stock Cars and Oval Tracks!
(245 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG