The online racing simulator
Top Gear or Fifth Gear?
(149 posts, started )

Poll : Do you prefer Top Gear or Fifth Gear

I prefer Top Gear, I worship the stig.
I prefer Fifth Gear, I like Jason Potato
top gear all the way
#77 - Rish
LOL, i thought this was a joke at first.
Top Gear obviously. its like saying eating your own excrement or a Sunday roast
Top Gear = fun , funny & enjoyable to watch
5th gear = boring , ,
Quote from JTbo :You are so weak

P5YcHoM4N is new cool guy then

Votes Top gear gives JTBo a dvd of best of top gear

Britcar episode was just to awsome
Well this is going well for 5th gear isnt it, perhaps we should do another poll. Who do you prefer, Gary Lineker...or Hitler?
Quote from JTbo :5th gear is very funny sometimes

Im sorry but what I fail to do is see anything funny in two "drivers" trying to powerslide minivans and shouting drrrrrifto all the time

what I DO see is "OOOOh... Hammond once tried to scandinavian flick a suzuki supercarry and rolled it, and also has crashed a dragster and got hurt, how are we going to camouflage our pathetic attempt to copy both those things at the same time?.... WE COULD HOST A DRIFTING SESSION IN SUPERCARRIES AND CRASH AND GET HURT..."

and that old Merc destruction was well...ehm...I can't shake the feeling I seen something similar to that....long time ago...
[cough]TOYOTA PICKUP TRUCK DESTRUCTION[/cough]
just can't remember on what gear....
No, he's an honest to goodness arse.
#83 - JTbo
Quote from squidhead :Im sorry but what I fail to do is see anything funny in two "drivers" trying to powerslide minivans and shouting drrrrrifto all the time

what I DO see is "OOOOh... Hammond once tried to scandinavian flick a suzuki supercarry and rolled it, and also has crashed a dragster and got hurt, how are we going to camouflage our pathetic attempt to copy both those things at the same time?.... WE COULD HOST A DRIFTING SESSION IN SUPERCARRIES AND CRASH AND GET HURT..."

and that old Merc destruction was well...ehm...I can't shake the feeling I seen something similar to that....long time ago...

You don't point out to drifters and laugh water in your eyes at local track when there is drift competition? Too bad, great fun
Cant stand any of the 5th gear presenters. Every one of them annoys me although its Vicky and Tiff that really turn me off.
I like them both but if I absolutely had to choose between the two, I would choose Top Gear. Top Gear is starting to become tired though and there are times when they seem to do their usual schtick without much enthusiasm. The banter between the presenters in the studio is becoming more and more obviously scripted and they're losing some of the informal spontaneity that makes them so entertaining to watch. Some of the segments in the most recent season were among the best that Top Gear have ever done but, on the whole, I get the sense that the show is past its prime and that it's now on a gradual slide into mediocrity.

Perhaps a Top Gear vs Best Motoring poll would have been closer?
Quote from JTbo :You don't point out to drifters and laugh water in your eyes at local track when there is drift competition? Too bad, great fun

noobish drifters at a local track have brains to go to the local track, and that's why I respect them and don't waste my time by going to the local track to see them at the same time... but that's another story...

what Im talking about right now is two clowns trying to look funny by being clumsy , while ripping off a far more talented trio, in a very phony (sp?) manner...

it's like somebody tries to tie up his feet and then walk so everybody would like him cause he is funny...

it is sad
#87 - JTbo
Quote from squidhead :noobish drifters at a local track have brains to go to the local track, and that's why I respect them and don't waste my time by going to the local track to see them at the same time... but that's another story...

what Im talking about right now is two clowns trying to look funny by being clumsy , while ripping off a far more talented trio, in a very phony (sp?) manner...

it's like somebody tries to tie up his feet and then walk so everybody would like him cause he is funny...

it is sad

You take those programs way too seriously, that exactly is one of reasons why to like them

Airwolf beats any modern series though
Quote from squidhead :Im sorry but what I fail to do is see anything funny in two "drivers" trying to powerslide minivans and shouting drrrrrifto all the time

5th gear crash = real.
Hammond's dragster crash = real.
Hammond's Suzuki van crash = staged
Quote from sinbad :5th gear crash = real.
Hammond's Suzuki van crash = staged

yes, I know, trying to scandinavian flick in a Supercarry is SO STUPID that even TG guys could see where it is going...but it was something noone expected for Hammond to do (I remember him saying "I think I'll try the Scandinavian flick here" and me going "OMGWTF")

here we see two cars SPECIALLY PICKED because they will tend to crash under extreme driving conditions
one crash because the guy can't drive and the cars COG is high,
and another crash which you claim is real...
HE BLOODY DRIVEN STRAIGHT IN TO THE WALL WHILE WOBBLING THE CAR AROUND...HOW STUPID AND BLIND THE DRIVER IS THEN?
they should have let the zoo monkeys drive then, they work for bananas and don't have a deathwish, and IF the crash is real...they are smarter too...
You could see for about 5 seconds he was going to flick and roll the van, before he even mentioned it. It was staging at it's most predictable. If you didn't see it coming, then your audio MUST be out of sync with the video.
#91 - wien
Quote from tristancliffe :You could see for about 5 seconds he was going to flick and roll the van, before he even mentioned it. It was staging at it's most predictable. If you didn't see it coming, then your audio MUST be out of sync with the video.

Which incidentally is exactly what I don't like about recent Top Gear episodes. I'm sure it's all been staged from day one, but since the stupid caravan fire of series 8, I just can't laugh at their antics any more. It just feels so forced. Top Gear was at it's best when they (at least looked like they) were 3 guys just cocking about and the cameras just happened to catch it.

Still fun, but not as fun as it used to be.
Quote from squidhead :[rant]

Or one you missed, Fifth Gear have called their grease monkey their "tame mechanic".
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Or one you missed, Fifth Gear have called their grease monkey their "tame mechanic".

I never heard anyone called "tame something" anywhere
yeah right

and Tristan - yeah, you could tell that the van is going to roll from 5 seconds before he rolled it...
those were, the scandinavian flick, and Hammond mentioning it...
could you tell that before Hammond even started accelerating? because if yes - youre a fortune teller, and should try that as a job...
Quote from squidhead :I never heard anyone called "tame something" anywhere
yeah right

and Tristan - yeah, you could tell that the van is going to roll from 5 seconds before he rolled it...
those were, the scandinavian flick, and Hammond mentioning it...
could you tell that before Hammond even started accelerating? because if yes - youre a fortune teller, and should try that as a job...

It was from memory on their drop test, or the cold start video. I forget which.

[edit: Link.]
I've never seenn anything funny in 5th gear,neither the Vbh:shes like,OMG the rear just got came out weeee woooo...<--- geeeez
Top gear always makes me laugh,they drive,they drift,they crash,they make lot of funny things,and i love the editing
Flaming can come i dont care,its my opinion
4 pages and no-ones mentioned THE Goddess of motorsports, so let me redress the balance.

VBH is an ugly whiny bint, end of.
Sabine Schmitt is actually quite tasty for us older blokes, but she's German so....
But THE Goddess that is Suzi Perry, in leathers, on a bike oops, erm, excuse me i just need to erm find a tissue and erm....

Oh and TopGear wee's all over 5thGear and twice on Sundays, and Wednesdays, and everyday on Dave TV, and BBC 3, and....
Quote from Mazz4200 :Sabine Schmitt is actually quite tasty for us older blokes, but she's German so....
But THE Goddess that is Suzi Perry, in leathers, on a bike oops, erm, excuse me i just need to erm find a tissue and erm....

There is nothing wrong with Sabine's Germanness, I think her accent makes her even more attractive, though that might be because my last two girlfriends have been from Manchester and Canada, so the English language has been rather butchered to me.
Suzi though, well.
Psh... neither.

Best Motoring ftw!
Psh... neither. I don't need big tall guys trying to be funny. More driving (not this sliding on a runway for the camera crap), more numbers, more competing (not this lets race a plane home from France crap).

Best Motoring ftw!
Top Gear FTW! End of, no competition, thats that.

Top Gear or Fifth Gear?
(149 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG