The online racing simulator

Poll : Do you want ALL your online pb's cleared?

Yes, i would not mind that my online pb's are cleared now with the changes in patch Y.
No thanks, please leave my pb's alone!
I want to clear pb's, but i can't speak for others, i can clear my own pb's on lfsworld if i want to
Yes, away with them.
Delete all the PBs - any physics change IMO should
Quote from Victor :
edit - an alternative is : you can also clear your own online pb's - i don't necessarily have to do it for you. You can do that on lfsworld : http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=settings (bottom of the page)

+1 for this. If you want to delete them, do it yourself. I see i'm outnumbered, majority wants delete, but think about the minority please.

EDIT: Online PB's haven't been deleted since S2 was released. Physics has changed numerous times and noone has spoken a word until now.
Simple fact is that the cars are now no longer as fast as they were, so in my opinion the old PBs are practically meaningless, and if the hotlaps are going then the PBs should go too!

Edit: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the physics have changed that much since S2. In fact, I think there might only have been a single proper physics patch before this one, and that one only improved tyre physics and didn't really affect the overall performance of the cars over a single lap.
All new PB's will ease everyone's transition into the new patch, as a few seem to be fruitlessly holding on to the past.

As long as total miles done stays, along with races and wins I think we're good
Isn't it possible to give the old hotlaps a different color (red for example) so everyone sees they are from an incompatible older version. When it does get beaten with a time in Y it could become black again (or they get overwritten with any time in Y, also slower times)
That way everone can deside for himselve what to do and others can still see if they can compare laptimes.
Quote from DarkTimes :Simple fact is that the cars are now no longer as fast as they were, so in my opinion the old PBs are practically meaningless, and if the hotlaps are going then the PBs should go too!

Edit: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the physics have changed that much since S2. In fact, I think there might only have been a single proper physics patch before this one, and that one only improved tyre physics and didn't really affect the overall performance of the cars over a single lap.

In real live rules and tracks change too, but they still compare them with older races (and then say why times have become slower or faster).
Quote from Kid222 :+1 for this. If you want to delete them, do it yourself. I see i'm outnumbered, majority wants delete, but think about the minority please.

EDIT: Online PB's haven't been deleted since S2 was released. Physics has changed numerous times and noone has spoken a word until now.

that would be my choice, but it's also a matter of levelling the pb's for everyone I think. Even though pb's are personal, often people checks other's pb's as well. So if before a league race for example you want to check someone's pb, it would not be accurate if it's still an old-version-pb.

This would be the first time I would delete anyone's pb's btw. I have never, since the first release of S1 deleted anyone's pb (ok a couple on request until i made the global clear function on lfsworld).
And yes, I'm reluctant to touch your pb's, but if it's better to clear them all, I will. That's what this thread is supposed to find out.
Quote from Kid222 :No, i definately want to keep my old PB's, even if physics has changed (except for BL). What about other tracks? I still can use e.g. Aston or Fern Bay pb's and i do use them. I can see if i have done some steps forward with some car at some track.
Yes to delete BL times, NO to delete ALL pb's.

The physics have changed so it effects all tracks and all cars (setups will need tweaking as well). From what I've seen it's made everything slower, you can't compare old lap times to new ones using the latest patch.
Quote from Victor :that would be my choice, but it's also a matter of levelling the pb's for everyone I think.

Other people can't even see my PB's. But I want to see them!
Its funny that I saw this because I was just about to make a post asking if people thought we should get rid of the lap records because of the changes to the track.

I vote YES YES YES otherwise it unfair on those trying to get a really good lap.
#61 - VoiD
#62 - mr_x
If I press the "clear all PB's" button on LFSW, will it keep my lap counts in tact on all the tracks? I've done many laps on FE Club and would like to keep track of how many I've done.

I presume it will keep them, but I'm asking anyway, just to make sure
Clear all the old ones, but don't touch any that have been created since patch Y was installed earlier!
Wipe 'em is fine for me. I do for every incompatible patch. Can't speak for others though.
I think clearing the PBs will make everyone happier as they drive round.

On every track it will say new PB by ......... for several laps until they reach the fastest lap they are able to do.

Again YES because people will think they're faster because they keep setting PBs lol.

As someone else said I think a fresh start would be good
#66 - VoiD
Quote from mr_x :If I press the "clear all PB's" button on LFSW, will it keep my lap counts in tact on all the tracks? I've done many laps on FE Club and would like to keep track of how many I've done.

I presume it will keep them, but I'm asking anyway, just to make sure

Yes, lapcount will stay. But only showed after a new pb. Just like my (new) stats if you like to check.
#67 - mr_x
Quote from VoiD :Yes, lapcount will stay.

thanks.

All my pbs will be deleted after i press the magic button.

/me waves to all the PBs
What happens after we have patch Z ??
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Victor:
Well if there will be no other choice then i suppose i can do nothing against. So if you delete them all, i will conform to your decision.
Noooooo!! Every one can delete their own PBs if they want to, no need to delete everyones PBs.
One thing I've noticed is the rallycross tracks aren't crossed out on the WRs chart for the FBM like they are for the other racing cars (but it still doesn't allow uploads).
After patch Z do we start from patch A again???
Since the "game" changes, the "score" changes. I say it's only fair and consistent that the PBs be reseted.
#74 - VoiD
I say delete the PB,s all cars have changed and tracks in some way.

Do you want ALL your online pb's cleared?
(212 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG