The online racing simulator
Is it normal for an oven to randomly explode?
Well, ok, I exaggerate, but the glass just randomly shattered.

http://bmp.thefloatingwidget.net/photos/GlassShatters.JPG

The oven was pre-heating. I heard a "psshhh" sound from the kitchen and found that (the door was shut at the time).

You'd think the glass would be made to be able to handle the temperature difference. Anyone experienced anything similar?
#2 - mr_x
Closest thing to that which has happened to me is the dreaded car window.

Must be something with glass these days just randomly shattering.
Mmmmm, glass pie!
One way to avoid this occurrence is to make sure that your food is, in fact, totally dead before cooking it. This will stop any attempts for the Sunday Roast to try escaping from the oven.
However, I note from the piccy that the glass seem to be inside the oven rather than outside, so it looks like it didn't explode at all...it imploded!
The only time I saw a cooker self-destruct was when my wife tried a new recipe...the cooker killed itself rather than have to submit itself to 40 minutes of one of her concoctions

Seriously, a minute flaw in the glass could make it suddenly go...remember, a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link, etc.
Maybe there was an air bubble in the glass?
Not unless it's a dutch oven

Search Dutch Oven on Urban Dictionary if your unsure what I mean.

Same problem as we guessed it was with Chris' car window. Thermal shock? Was it on at the time?
It could have beigh a gas leak

I had it ones with a smal gas oven he heating rods egnited the exces gas and whel...

i had to put out a real fire
You sure you checked what was inside the oven??

Handgrenade? C4 bomb? lol
It was Phlos
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Handgrenade?

Well, a hand grenade is pretty much a standard office supply nowadays!
This gives a new meaning to the phrase, "HOT DAMN!"
#12 - JTbo
Quote from mr_x :Closest thing to that which has happened to me is the dreaded car window.

Must be something with glass these days just randomly shattering.

It must be global warming, use microwave and world is saved from certain doom of global warming :tit:

Well I must say that I haven't heard from such thing before, it should be made enough strong of course, but seem to be that lot of things today aren't quite up to what we have used to
Quote from Bladerunner :One way to avoid this occurrence is to make sure that your food is, in fact, totally dead before cooking it. This will stop any attempts for the Sunday Roast to try escaping from the oven.
However, I note from the piccy that the glass seem to be inside the oven rather than outside, so it looks like it didn't explode at all...it imploded!
The only time I saw a cooker self-destruct was when my wife tried a new recipe...the cooker killed itself rather than have to submit itself to 40 minutes of one of her concoctions

Seriously, a minute flaw in the glass could make it suddenly go...remember, a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link, etc.

:ices_rofl
Quote from Takumi_lfs :You sure you checked what was inside the oven??

Handgrenade? C4 bomb? lol

Notice that most of the glass ended up INSIDE the oven. Definately wasnt something explosive inside it.
Nah, It's just Bob that kicked his Oven down. He burnt something inside accidentally and just as an excuse broke the glass.

Or did he pulled his Shotgun out???
Quote from The General Lee :Not unless it's a dutch oven

I'm aware of several definitions for "dutch oven". Half of me is LOL. The other is completely disgusted.
If its the one I'm thinking of...You'll be LOL'ing while being disgusted.
Glass is unpredictable I remember when I was younger and in the middle of the night there came a loud bang from the kitchen, and a big glass "plate" had just spontaneously cracked entirely in half by itself. Another case was with a thin drinking glass which suddenly "exploded" into pieces when I was putting it to my mouth and softly knocked it on my teeth.

Both cases were pretty big 'what the heck just happened' moments :P
Quote from PAracer :I'm aware of several definitions for "dutch oven". Half of me is LOL. The other is completely disgusted.

I'm thinking that if it was a 'Dutch oven' that caused this break, it was probly Bob's head being put through the door by Bob's other half (after Bobs attempt at a Dutch Oven
How old was the oven?

Latley the quality of glass seems to be declining.
The number of glass tables I've seen break lately is rediculous.
Quote from DragonCommando :How old was the oven?

Latley the quality of glass seems to be declining.
The number of glass tables I've seen break lately is rediculous.

*yeah.. happened to me once when i threw one out of a 2nd story window.... totally unexpected .

I cant say i have ever known that to happen on an oven before. not on a home one anyway.

*excuse the spam please
Aliens...

...definitely aliens.

:alien2:
#24 - JTbo
Quote from squidhead :you two make me scared to wear my glasses

I'm safe, I have plastic lenses, these are light
That's pretty crazy. Would make a good party trick if you could get it to do it on command.

Quote from franky500 :excuse the spam please

We need to get a mod in to clean thi... oh wait. Nevermind.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG