The online racing simulator
MecaniK S2 - v0.5P
(494 posts, closed, started )
good
aint gettin this to woek
I'm getting irritated. Can someone tell me where to download the exect version of LFS that I need to get this to work? Once I do that, which of the 3 mekanic zips do i need from the first post? Maybe someone should write really clear instructions including the url to the correct version of LFS and update the first post. I tried every combo. Oh, and please tell me what "select car" means? Does it mean go into the garage and select a car and stay there? Do it mean select a car and go back to main menu? Does it mean to select a car and start the race? Does it mean select a car and drop your pants? :-) What is the magical action that will let us know whether the program failed or not? I know its not working becuase it still says car not found or select car, but what needs to be done succefully at that step besides having everything else above done right? In other words, does just going into the garage make it work becuase a car is already selected. I tried selecting another car afterwards but I dont know what to do or what to exepect after that point. No need to reply here, maybe put any additional granular instructions in the first post so other who downloaded it and gave up like I did could benefit. I cant wait to try this out.

Thanks, sorry for being a pain in the ass.
Quote from joeynuggetz :I'm getting irritated. Can someone tell me where to download the exect version of LFS that I need to get this to
work? Once I do that, which of the 3 mekanic zips do i need from the first post? Maybe someone should write really clear instructions
including the url to the correct version of LFS and update the first post. I tried every combo. Oh, and please tell me what "select car"
means? Does it mean go into the garage and select a car and stay there? Do it mean select a car and go back to main menu? Does it
mean to select a car and start the race? Does it mean select a car and drop your pants? :-) What is the magical action that will let
us know whether the program failed or not? I know its not working becuase it still says car not found or select car, but what needs to
be done succefully at that step besides having everything else above done right? In other words, does just going into the garage
make it work becuase a car is already selected. I tried selecting another car afterwards but I dont know what to do or what to
exepect after that point. No need to reply here, maybe put any additional granular instructions in the first post so other who
downloaded it and gave up like I did could benefit. I cant wait to try this out.

Ok, truth is, whatever i put as info, 1- poeple don't read it and/or 2- there's always another question that pops up. While i'll be the
first to admit it isn't EXTREMELY obvious, i don't think it's that hard and if you have the patience to go through this thread, every
single question so far has been answered and confirmed as working. I'm sorry, but i must have answered the exact same questions
20-30 times even though the answer IS in the 1st post AND explained a few times and in different ways throughout this thread.

The various problems depend on a few factors so it's up to you to find out why it isn't working with the information available here. For
example, car not found means just that, you don't have a car SELECTED in LFS. There's no magical clicking formula, go into the
garage, pick a car, then it's selected. If you STILL get 'no car selected/found' then you have the wrong LFS version. This is all
explained throughout this thread. The most trouble free combination is an original 0.5P version of LFS without ANY patch, else it
won't work. Then, as suggested by the number of downloads, MecaniK_P02 is the most popular and troublefree. The only
reason for using a more recent MecaniK version is for minor updates IF you get no errors, else using P02 seems to be the most
popular by a WIDE margin. I'm not gonna explain everything step by step since it could take a day, or two. I assure you all your
questions have been answered somewhere in this thread. The last few pages should be enough to help you.
Quote from tristancliffe :Mecanik Po5 works with patch P, not patch P1, P5 or P10 - just P.

ah and 'Q lol once again......
Quote from lrdbsi :ah and 'Q lol once again......

actually, it doesnt work with patch q.
Quote from Vendetta :actually, it doesnt work with patch q.

Ya, it's 0.5P, not 0.5Q. MecaniK doesn't work with 0.5Q !

You need an original LFS 0.5P with no patches. The patches are what makes it NOT work. If i remember, you need both the
LFS.exe and ABC.abc file from 0.5P with MecaniK_P02. Then if you are still unlucky, you might need a .dll or 2, that's pretty much
all the problems i've seen so far. The rest are usually details and/or user related.

Having a seperate copy of LFS is pretty much a sure way to have the old files intact while still having an updated copy
(somewhere else on the HDD) to enjoy the latest updates.
Quote from joeynuggetz :I'm getting irritated. Can someone tell me where to download the exect version of LFS that I need to get this to work? Once I do that, which of the 3 mekanic zips do i need from the first post? Maybe someone should write really clear instructions including the url to the correct version of LFS and update the first post. I tried every combo. Oh, and please tell me what "select car" means? Does it mean go into the garage and select a car and stay there? Do it mean select a car and go back to main menu? Does it mean to select a car and start the race? Does it mean select a car and drop your pants? :-) What is the magical action that will let us know whether the program failed or not? I know its not working becuase it still says car not found or select car, but what needs to be done succefully at that step besides having everything else above done right? In other words, does just going into the garage make it work becuase a car is already selected. I tried selecting another car afterwards but I dont know what to do or what to exepect after that point. No need to reply here, maybe put any additional granular instructions in the first post so other who downloaded it and gave up like I did could benefit. I cant wait to try this out.

You wrote it for so long that you could already have made all necessary experiments to find out what and how works. Emotions...
Hey Fonny are you still waiting for full version to come out before another update?

when is the full version suppose to come out.. geez.. its only been like what a year since the betas have been out....
Quote from JessesAE86 :Hey Fonny are you still waiting for full version to come out before another update?

when is the full version suppose to come out.. geez.. its only been like what a year since the betas have been out....

Yes and no. I don't have any priviledged info so i don't know more than
you guys when S2 full will be released, but i think it's safe to say 2006.

I've once again restarted LFSTweak from scratch, trying to simplify it
as much as possible, my original alpha from last summer had so much
stuff in it, although 'neat', it's very clumsy and most stuff i can add later.
I'm still working, in my spare time, on LFSTweak and just happens i worked
on it a bit last night. I'm up to the GetData part, this is where i have to
think a lot and figure out a simpler and more effective way to manipulate
all the data. MecaniK was much simpler and sort of a test for me. Apart
from the patch problem, i'm pleased at the results. It passed. You'll be
seeing those LFS/CAR leds

Once again, patience my friends.
Nice one Fonny. Keep it up.
Is it possible to play on lan with my brother with mecanik used in background?

And some words from me( sry for my english)
This soft is awsome. I have Car speed freeware software with 800 cars database. It has, specific engine data , gears ratio data, weight of a cars and many many more. I made with Mecanik my favorite stock cars . Like Lancer EVO, like NIssan skyline R32 Like Volkswagen passat ofcourse with real data from DATABASE. My mother has VW Passat B4 1.9 TDI 90Hp/3750rpm 210 Nm. In real life I checked it has around 13 s to 60mph. Well guess what. I made exelent replica of it in LFS. With FXO turbo, fron wheel, with gear rations from Car test. I has 1340 kg weight without car and fuel. 67hp /ton and in game I have 13,6 sek to 60 mph. It is awsome!!!

I wish there will be function with wheels settings(for fun only), engine settings like :turbo or no turbo, engine displacement front or rear, better (I mean User friendly ) settings for set cylinder, RPM and max Nm for that engine. I want to thank Fonnybone for his development. I wish that I had that knowledge and eagerness like Fonnybone have. Greets and Good luck!

SO that was my two cents... o If anyone can answer my question in the beginning of my post I 'll be glad.
-
(Mc21) DELETED by Mc21 : Double post.
Quote from windmouse :P04 doesn't work for me, while previous versions did.
Runtime error 713, missing one dll, msstdfmt.dll Strange is that I downloaded this, put it in my windows\system folder and nothing changed at all, still the same error...

That is what i'm getting.

Opps double post.

Nvm fixed.
answer to your question: yes. just use the same settings.
Quote from Galthar :... With FXO turbo, ...

if you like the game, buy it. as a demo user, you not supposed to have the fxo. and please don't tell me you just registered with a different user name or something like that. just buy the game

Quote from Galthar :
I wish there will be function with wheels settings(for fun only), engine settings like :turbo or no turbo, engine displacement front or rear...

that's what we're waiting for... it's called "LFS Tweak", and only fonnybone knows, when it's done
Fonny, you should make the full LFSTweak compatible only with validated S2 licenses.
You re not a guy who may tell me when or should I buy full licence. This is non of your buisness. You don't wanna ask my question then don't pos. Game was made for Mplayer. I don't play online even if game is made for it. As for now just calm down friend you re not mod team.
No, really, you shut up about it. You'll be banned now anyway, and rightfully so. S.C.U.M.M (only not the Monkey Island engine).

Would you steal a car and then show it off at the police station? No, I thought not.
Ok sorry
youre right

Well
I guess I have no right to post here... huh?
I have got the Demo Alpha 0.5P (because the tweake doesnt work with S2 full) and when i start the mecanik, both buttons are green (LFS and CAR) but i cant tweak anything.

Thats what i see, nothing more. Whats wrong with it?

Greez Robbie
You need S2 Full afaik
sure, but i have try it with S2 full, it doesnt work too. at full, the button lfs is green, but not the car-button.

here are anybody he can tweak the full S2? wish versions u have from tweaker and lfs?
Ok, i'm sure this has been answered, but I really do not want to go through all those pages, i've already tried a few things people have told others with the same problem..

I keep getting told (when I run Mecanik) that i'm missing msstdfmt.dll
Which is bullshit cause It's in my system32 folder.

Friend told me to run the msstdfmt.dll file, but how do you run it? :S It just says "Open with.." when I double click the msstdfmt.dll file.
Quote from nism0 :
Friend told me to run the msstdfmt.dll file, but how do you run it? :S It just says "Open with.." when I double click the msstdfmt.dll file.

I know what you mean! Its somewhere in this thead... It would be really nice if someone with the first posts linked to everything thats needed or. Started a new thread that only showed the things you may need to run Mekanik S2. This is very popular thread and its gettin´loooooong!
Yeah,I have messed around with it for a bit,and it is a great tool

Okay,now back to business,maybe I should put a few of these setups online
Quote from RedRiver :I know what you mean! Its somewhere in this thead... It would be really nice if someone with the first posts linked to everything thats needed or. Started a new thread that only showed the things you may need to run Mekanik S2. This is very popular thread and its gettin´loooooong!

Just added links to FAQ in the first post.
This thread is closed

MecaniK S2 - v0.5P
(494 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG