The online racing simulator
suck it up princess
you can play in old patch . So shut up
Quote from Venus :
Am I angry? You bet.

Getting angry over a patch. Maybe you should go out more.

Quote :I bought this product, and have been practising for months and months and months to finally get close to WR, and now just when I do, you step in, and negate all that effort

The WR's will be reset anyway

Quote :
it seems your bent on ruining it!

Yes, Scawen's goal has become to ruin his own work... And he's doing that with the sole purpose of pissing you off.

Quote :
If you've got a super-realism kick, fine then don't inflict us with it.

He can do whatever the hell he wants to do with it. It's his creation.
And you bought it knowing that:

Quote from LFS License Agreement :1.4You must be aware that we can alter any aspect of LFS as we see fit. Improvements, fixes and/or changes made to the game, are to be expected.

If you feel inflicted by it, tough.

Get over yourself. Seriously.
"FIX : Mouse axes could not be used without game controller" dude thats bullshit... I always use that in cruise servers. Allow that... Thats the only thing that i use in cruise servers.... It wont harm u or anything....
Quote from Drift2007 :"FIX : Mouse axes could not be used without game controller" dude thats bullshit... I always use that in cruise servers. Allow that... Thats the only thing that i use in cruise servers.... It wont harm u or anything....

Uh, you didn't want me to fix the bug?

When I find a bug is reported, I have to fix it. And that's why I did.

If you have an issue to report, try it in LFS then come and tell us about it if there is a problem. Don't come and make ridiculous statements because you can't understand my single line about what I've fixed. I make a great effort to log all the fixes I've done, in every test patch.
Quote from Venus :Just been tryin the patch!

OK. I'm seriously angry!!!

FOX: What on earth were you thinking??? You've crippled it. Ok fair enough take off 1/2 a second from it if u needed, but normally at AS2 in fox my PB is 100.85 (.65 off WR). Now the damn thing won't get past a 103 and it feels like you killed it. It's lost all its joy, all it's fun. Going for realism? Sure, fair enough, but any real car will rev up way past its redline, but you've put a limiter in now, that kills the engine at 7.5k. Dammit, I hate it!!!
For this reason, and this reason alone, I'll not be updating to S3 when it arrives. You may think I'll get used to it, but I won't, cause you've done the same to all the other cars.

I really don't mind about that.

But I'd prefer if you just stay calm about things really. The maximum power is still there, you just can't rev way over the redline to unrealistic revs as you could before.

With modern tuned engines you often can't reach the ideal shift point, because you hit the rev limiter just after maximum power. That's because the engine designer achieved maximum power by adjusting valves, intake and exhaust systems to get the most air and fuel mixture in there at the point before the engine begins to self destruct. You probably just need to change your gear ratios a bit.

Setups from pre-X30 aren't really valid any more. The default fox has more camber and that means all setups should use less camber. LFS is a changing and developing sim, whose aim is to recreate the feeling of real racing. Gradually it gets better at doing that.
I'm agree with Venus.
Scawen changed physics, and it became worser.
XRT lost half of it's power! And, damn! What the hell happened with tarmac? It seemes to me, that thirty bulldozers cruised threw all tracks and destroyed smooth tarmac, car is shaking on each track... I'm upset. The game is going to be 2nd "rFactor" soon(((

Sorry for bad eng.
Quote from JoeVega :I'm agree with Venus.
XRT lost half of it's power! And, damn! What the hell happened with tarmac? It seemes to me, that thirty bulldozers cruised threw all tracks and destroyed smooth tarmac, car is shaking on each track... I'm upset.

Sorry for bad eng.

It has the same power. Do you know, in LFS you can see the power by looking in the car setup screen in the info section?

What is this, patch has been out for three days now, time for Mr Angry to start popping up all over the place?
Quote from JoeVega :I'm agree with Venus.
XRT lost half of it's power! And, damn! What the hell happened with tarmac? It seemes to me, that thirty bulldozers cruised threw all tracks and destroyed smooth tarmac, car is shaking on each track... I'm upset. The game is going to be 2nd "rFactor" soon(((

Sorry for bad eng.

Do 0-100 acceleration test with same tire pressures and gears, first with X10, then with X30, post times here.

Tracks are not silk smooth, there are bumps, trust me I have driven few IRL and when speed goes up car feels bumps
Temporary ban for extreme whiners might help
Quote from Scawen :LFS is a changing and developing sim, whose aim is to recreate the feeling of real racing. Gradually it gets better at doing that.

Scawen, I am sorry you are having to sift through all the negative nancies here, and now taking time replying to all of them. Almost all of us think you're doing a great job, and succeeding. Keep up the great work.
Quote from Scawen :It has the same power. Do you know, in LFS you can see the power by looking in the car setup screen in the info section?

What is this, patch has been out for three days now, time for Mr Angry to start popping up all over the place?

I guess it is that people don't understand what Alpha stands for. Maybe it is needed to limit test patch availability to only those that have been around bit longer?
Hehehe. At least you can remain calm.
Quote from JTbo :I guess it is that people don't understand what Alpha stands for. Maybe it is needed to limit test patch availability to only those that have been around bit longer?

It's not my fault the other newbies are whiners
Quote from Scawen :It has the same power. Do you know, in LFS you can see the power by looking in the car setup screen in the info section?

I know, where i can see numbers, showing hp, but i can feel changes on the track, not looking in info section. I like to drift, so u understand, that for drifter the main is to feel the power in rear wheels. And i felt, that xrt become more obedient.
Don't worry, I'm fine.

I just want to explain to people sometimes...

Will be on the case in the morning trying to sort out the genuine issues and bugs.
Quote from Bob Smith :Hehehe. At least you can remain calm.

I can imagine how hard it can be at times, you work your arse off and then what you get is complaining with me me me attitude, would piss hell out of me at least.

I know one game, RPG that is free and under development, bit similar to LFS in that manner as it is Tech demo in alpha stage, there is mentioned that you can loose your character at any time as game gets improvements and character system is redesigned etc.

There moderators actually give ban quite quickly if person complains about his character being deleted, well actually if you chat wrong way in game that can give ban too as it is real role playing instead of hack'n'slash.

Don't know if limited testers would really help here though, they would complain just later on, perhaps putting more weight on alpha status or something?
Quote from srdsprinter :Scawen, I am sorry you are having to sift through all the negative nancies here, and now taking time replying to all of them. Almost all of us think you're doing a great job, and succeeding. Keep up the great work.

I don't want Scawen to think, that I dont respect him. I respect him, respect for this great sim, but i think that critics can be usefull, for his further work, don't u think?

Quote from greg_slideways :Ok so what excatly this do??? i want to run a host do i need this???

Yes, u can find all info 'bout creating server in this archive
Quote from greg_slideways :Ok so what excatly this do??? i want to run a host do i need this???

Not necessarily, you can host from in game too, use dedicated host if you have spare machine where you would like to keep LFS server running for example.
Quote from JoeVega :I don't want Scawen to think, that I dont respect him. I respect him, respect for this great sim, but i think that critics can be usefull, for his further work, don't u think?

Well constructive criticism is good, complaining with anger is not.
Quote from JTbo :Well constructive criticism is good, complaining with anger is not.

Sorry if I was very angry in my words, i really like this game, but some changes made me angry. XRT become another car.
Right, been racing for 3 hours with the x31 patch.
Feels great!
Really love how the overall feel evolved, great work.
I already drove without without throttle cut/blip with my g25 before the x30 patch, so i race just as i do in the real world.
Feels spot on, and i seem to do it right for lfs also, since the clutch stays 'cold'

However, i have 1 or 2 notes / points of interest.

clutch clamping on lx6 seems too low, feels like a worn out clutch, without the grapping power.
Engine inertia / flywheel also feel a bit on the heavy side now, current * 0.75 should do the trick

Revlimitter.. not sure.. the revlimitter on my previous mx3 racer and my new scooby are more abrupt and harsch, you really want to change gear before you reach it
I think it fits right between the new lfs limitter and the old pre-x30 patch.

Also, i think the smaller singleseaters could use more of a sweetspot in the revrange, with power peaking at 500 or 1000 rpm below revlimitter.

Since these engines usually don't have adjustable intake manifold lenght thingy's they are tuned for a specific rpm range.
So the torque should have a segnificant peak at half the revrange, or if it's a highrpm engine at about 2/3 of the revrange.

Last note, not really x30/x31 related, but a easy fix for upcoming patch Y none the less.
The gear whine is great in the cars that have it, however, i only hear 1 type of whine.
lfs currently has the whine of the active gear, so it corresponds to your engine rpm.
So the whine from the gearbox section that connects to the engine is present.
The gearwhine that is absent, or at least not audiable is the part that corresponds to the final gear.
So that should be a whine which gets higher in pitch, as the overall speed of the car increases.

You can hear it clearly in my scooby, and race cars obviously have it a lot more because of the straight cut gears and the absence of any form of sound dampning

Should make a really nice improvement if that's implemented.

Hmm, this post got bigger than i intended.. hehe.

Hope this post helps a bit in lifting the experience up another notch .
Quote from JoeVega :Sorry if I was very angry in my words, i really like this game, but some changes made me angry. XRT become another car.

You have an egg, you peel it and find that it is chocolate inside, sweet, you like it.

Next day you get new egg, you peel it but it is real egg, yuck, not sweet at all.

But isn't real egg still better for you than chocolate egg, even it may not be as sweet right away
JT, you should write a book my friend

I would buy it!
This thread is closed

TEST Patch X30 (to X38)
(1444 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG