The online racing simulator
Top Gear Britcar endurance race
(54 posts, started )
Hey, anyoone seen top gear newest episode on their attendance to endurance race at silverstone? Whats your thoughts? i personally found it hilarious laughed so hard, and jeremies lines in some scenes just made it better. on the race side i think they did extremely well. The Stig just flew past everyone And when on qualifiction teh car broke down the stig was just sitting there and jeremy was like:

"It would be good if actually the stig could talk to steve and say whats happened, but just look at him (camera points at stig just sitting there like a robot )
#2 - X-Ter
The heroes of that weekend is the mechanics. They did an awesome job getting that car out on track again.
Quote from X-Ter :The heroes of that weekend is the mechanics. They did an awesome job getting that car out on track again.

yeah they were working till the very last second and never gave up, big congrats to them
#4 - ajp71
How many strings did they pull to get 3 novices in a 24 hour race?
Quote from ajp71 :How many strings did they pull to get 3 novices in a 24 hour race?

it was 4 novices including stig if i can remember it was stig: 3 strings
hamster: 2 strings

may: 2 strings

Jeremy: 2 strings
#6 - ajp71
Quote from DevilDare :it was 4 novices including stig if i can remember it was stig: 3 strings

Hey? I thought Stig had the Silverstone GP circuit pre-programed?
http://www.msttiming.com/eerc/2007/73663.pdf

Results PDF of the race.

Team Top Gear finished 200 laps down, after 396 laps. Their best lap was, out of 396 goes, on lap 2!!!!!!!!!! It was also just 21 seconds down on the absolute fastest lap (set on lap 9). It doesn't mention names, so you can't see who the Stig is (not that I was looking for it )
#8 - J@tko
I know who the Stig is. There is a pubically released form which details Hammond's accident. Listed are all members of TG production team, one of which is a professional racing driver (the Stig) I won't reveal who he it to you, but if you want to know, ill post it in PDF.
Quote from J@tko :I know who the Stig is. There is a pubically released form which details Hammond's accident. Listed are all members of TG production team, one of which is a professional racing driver (the Stig) I won't reveal who he it to you, but if you want to know, ill post it in PDF.

WARNING : POST CONTAINS INFO ABOUT IDENTITY OF STIG. UNDER WHITE TEXT. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW, DON'T READ IT.

There is more than one Stig. The Stig mentoned in the HSE report is Ben Collins. However, there have been at least three more white Stigs. Hiekki Kolvalinen drove the F1 car. When it was the Maserati MC 12 it was Frank Mountain, the owner of the car. The guy who did the snowmobile run on a ski jump track was Dan Lang. They also always use a local standin when the Stig appears outside the UK so that they can't find out from passport info.

As everyone knows, the black Stig was Perry McCarthy.
Quote from duke_toaster :WARNING : POST CONTAINS INFO ABOUT IDENTITY OF STIG. UNDER WHITE TEXT. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW, DON'T READ IT..

LOL, was just about to ask who the stig was
yeah i knew that stig had few different people in that costume but never knew who where they. But he still rocks he looks so "buff" and kewl (dont get me wrong ) Uhm i remembered i think 2 weeks ago top gear episode whre they showed stigs family and everyone was wearing helmets even the little baby
Stigs family o_0 Dont remeber that.. unless it was in the Africa speciall...
Quote from evilgenius :Stigs family o_0 Dont remeber that.. unless it was in the Africa speciall...

i think it was i didnt see the episode but they showed it in the comercial
IIRC on the African special they had African Stig, just like they had Fat Stig in the US special
Your white text idea doesnt completely hide the identity of the stig

For example if i were to fall on the floor and then look up at my pc screen at a funny angle then all would be revealed.

I don't really mind knowing who the stig is... for me he's just the stig
I love how they put the decals on the car in such a way (Penisten's or something like that), in just the right place so that when the door was opened, it just said PENIS.

The other side of the car was similar, but I can't remember what it said.
Maybe I'm completely wrong, but I somehow got the feeling Tiff Nedell was driving as the Stig in this Episode
i loved the "arse biscuits".........and Mays flag, being the gay pride colours.

dont even ask how i know that lol!
Quote from mr grady :i loved the "arse biscuits".........and Mays flag, being the gay pride colours.

I was going to mention that, but I forgot!

Anyway, why didn't the Stig have a flag? They could've made up a funny one!
Quote from ATHome :Maybe I'm completely wrong, but I somehow got the feeling Tiff Nedell was driving as the Stig in this Episode

naaah, seing as Fifth gear copies a LOT from TG the conversation would be like that
-"Hey Tiff, how about joining the TG team in a 24 hour race?"
-"Never, that's a stupid Idea! besides, we're doing it in a few years"
Actually 5th gear did it last year, or it might have been the year before. I think they drove a Honda Integra/Civic.
#23 - DeKo
what flag was it that they had beside may's name?
Quote from DeKo :what flag was it that they had beside may's name?

lolz the gay pride rainbow flag
Just watched this tonight on Virgin Media TV on demand (gotta love it )

Fantastic piece - I don't think Clarkson has ever cried on TV before has he?

And is the Stig really that blindingly quick, or are the other drivers just a bit crap? I know they dramatised his stints, but presumably they wouldn't make up the basic figures about how many people he passed in a hastily-modified 330d? Gained 20 places in the first stint, 8 in another? Impressive stuff.
-
(dougie-lampkin) DELETED by dougie-lampkin : post obselete :)

(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG