The online racing simulator
Quote from m3marte :Don't know if it's a bug or it's intentional, but when engine is at idle for about 40 seconds, it stalls automatically.

Only BF1 doesn't auto-stall.

Did anyone else noticed this?

Yep, it's right... after about XX seconds staying in the box, the engine stops to work...

BTW, i found very difficult now to change gear (tried only the FBM)... I've to cut off the throttle, and, after 5 laps on BL1, my right leg hurts ...

But i know that now is more more realistic than before... I'm not sure if i've to do this an all cars, but i'm expecting that as on real F1 cars they don't lift up the foot to change gear, here too we don't need to do this...

With DFP i've to found another way to do the trick or soon i'll be at the hospital with cramps to the leg...

Thinking to the mirror... is real the fact that i can turn my head only 45 degrees... if i think that i'm doing the straight at 200km/h, i wanna see anyone of us trying to turn the head more with a wall of air hitting the helmet Even if i've more "dead points" on the visual...

And, well... i dont' think is realistic that looking behind a formula car it shows u the virtual mirror... Why i've to see who is behind me?? Mirrors on the sides are sufficient to know where is the position of other drivers...

One thing i didn't appreciate too much is that i can't read the speedo on FBM... numbers are very very small on the little display and ther's no rev limiter for the pitlane, so it'll be very very easy to have a DT penalty for the speed...

Maybe some improvements on this would be nice...

BTW, keep up the good work!

Impatient for the final release... :laola:
Has the shift light been changed to show the rev limiter/redline instead of the ideal shift point it showed in previous versions?
Quote from mrodgers :
Unless you are talking about your head being restrained by safety equipment disallowing you to turn your head, these comments are most ridiculous.

It´s quite logical to assume that´s what they mean by it.
I feel the road/gtr cars and the mrt should keep the 90 degrees and let the singleseaters be limited to 45 degrees. That´s what makes the most sense to me.
Quote from geeman1 :Has the shift light been changed to show the rev limiter/redline instead of the ideal shift point it showed in previous versions?

No, but the redline changed and the theoretical best shiftpoint isnt reached in most of the cars anymore
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :first I got a could not load XFG_default engine file, then a cannot load font file! can someone help me fix this!

Yes, this is a patch, not a full version.

So you must save the patch exe (install file) into an existing LFS folder and run it from there. Say yes to overwriting files.

Then run LFS.
damn i have seems to lost all my setups for the cars not very happy with that.. and why ad Rev limiter...Damn i love to push my car to the limit of the revs now i cant and my sets are wasted
Quote from Vykos69 :No, but the redline changed and the theoretical best shiftpoint isnt reached in most of the cars anymore

Oh. Wouldn't it then make sense to raise the limiters? Atleast for the race cars?
Quote from scrammarc :damn i have seems to lost all my setups for the cars not very happy with that..

Yeah, you need to read more before you post.

Quote from Warper :Just read the f*ckin manual

MISSING SETUP?

You have to rename you setups from the BMW SAUBER_RACE_S.set (for example) to BF1_Race_S.set (Change from full name to the 3 charts).

And then put the setups in the SETUP directory, not in settings where they have been before.

OR use this http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=34759 or this http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=623276#post623276

Next time remember how many people play the game and maybe that, that question has already been asked and answered...a few million times!
-
(Dajmin) DELETED by Dajmin : Beaten to it!
I cant read mom did not teach me only how to get Anwsers very quik
What is up with rev limiter...damn hope they get it Off of put it higher for ALL cars in final patch....
omg I didnt really miss the patch release did I... :O
Quote from ORION :omg I didnt really miss the patch release did I... :O

[nelson]HAAA-HAAA![/nelson]
Quote from geeman1 :Oh. Wouldn't it then make sense to raise the limiters? Atleast for the race cars?

Wouldn't it make sense to change your gear ratios to match the engines potential?
Quote from sinbad :The FOX feels/sounds like it has had all of its life choked out of it now. I know it revs to 7krpm, but it just feels dead.

Damn that's so true.. I took the FOX for a ride and thought the same.. Don't like the fox anymore
Yes.

It's not unheard of (or indeed uncommon) for an engine to produce more power after the redline. The power is defined by the usual stuff, whilst the redline is usually dictated by the conrod strength (and reciprocating mass, and engine speed), or conrod stretch (and piston to valve clearences).

It's the same for all of us, so it's just a case of getting the most out of the available rpm - as Lefty says, tweak the gearing.
Ok, I'll have to try.
#441 - col
Quote from mrodgers :...I don't like it as of now because I mainly want to look at my 90 degree side to see someone overtaking. I don't like needing to hit both left/right buttons to view the 90 degrees...

Totally agree, before this update, I could intuitively 'see' around and be aware even during pressure situations, now that we have to press two buttons, one of which is the opposite of the 'look' direction, I just cannot do it. Also, I don't have enough buttons on my wheel to have a separate look behind - I used to use the left/right combinations to look over my shoulders.

Please make the 45º look optional.

-----------------------------------------

One other little thing that was bugging me last night while driving the FBM:
I drive in cockpit view with wheel graphic and drivers arms switched
off. In this mode, there is a little switch in the middle of the dash that is really bugging me. When I'm watching the road and not looking directly at thew dash, I keep thinking it's the mouse pointer - this is breaking the immersion and my concentration... maybe I will get used to it.

------------------------------------------

The AI are still stupid
when you set up a race with some FBMs, XFG & XRG, when the FBMs catch the slower cars to lap them, if they catch up at a slower section of track, they follow the car in front close and can get 'stuck' behind even though there are easy opportunities to get past. Makes them look daft, and also would spoil a race.

--------------------------------------------

I also want to add my vote to limiting the setup options to be more realistic.

Anyhow, great patch

thanks

Col
Great patch!

FBM is really great to handle.
New and tighter BL is, though, hard to cope with at first Especially after the back straight, after the turn, i keep getting on the sand, got to rethink my driving lines, also the straight after the chicane

The driving line showing on the track is AWESOME!
It is great for learning new tracks-cars, to get the primary braking points right, and then pushing them to the limit
Quote from col :
Please make the 45º look optional.

same here, and pls dont come up with any "realistic" arguments. this new 45 degrees sideview adds nothing to lfs but will cause more crashes on corner entry as there is a huge dead angle now. I understand that in a real singleseater u wont be able to turn your head 90 degrees, but i can also imagine that the FOV irl is wider then now, and i am using 90 degress FOV now. Simracing is full of compromises and there must be something to compensate this.

if u want realism remove the track map.
Quote from mrodgers :Can someone explain the recent comments on how you can't look 90 degrees easily IRL? This is confusing me, how is it not possible to look 90 degrees to your side?

Unless you are talking about your head being restrained by safety equipment disallowing you to turn your head, these comments are most ridiculous.

You probably can crane your head to 90 degrees if you really wanted to in a modern single seater or in a racing seat, you'd just be greeted with a face full of impact protection material and wouldn't actually be able to see anything. I think for the purposes of LFS maybe a limit between 45 and 90 would be suitable, in a real car you can look round further by stretching but by the time your tightly strapped in and wearing a helmet you're not going to quickly be able to look 90 degrees.

What I'd like to see would be an option to bind a single button to look at a user defined angle between 0-90 degrees, possibly with an option to do a two staged angle like atm, that way everybodies happy.

Quote from geeman1 :Oh. Wouldn't it then make sense to raise the limiters? Atleast for the race cars?

As Tristan said lots of car produce more power out of their safe rev range, nowadays most cars stop you from revving dangerously far with a rev limiter. Cars without a rev limiter often require discipline from the drive so he doesn't end up with an oily mess. Simply adding a rev limiter stops cars from revving so hard and the lack of detail in LFS's engine physics isn't so exposed.
Quote from SchneeFee :same here, and pls dont come up with any "realistic" arguments. this new 45 degrees sideview adds nothing to lfs but will cause more crashes on corner entry as there is a huge dead angle now. I understand that in a real singleseater u wont be able to turn your head 90 degrees, but i can also imagine that the FOV irl is wider then now, and i am using 90 degress FOV now. Simracing is full of compromises and there must be something to compensate this.

You can turn 90 degrees, although the shortcut is rather awkward to use. Have you actually looked 90 degrees in any of our single seaters (except the FOX) there's nothing to see unless your view clips through the high sides (which needs to be sorted)?
In FZ50 , it maxes out quite quickly , i like to race / drift it form time to time and my fastset set would max out at 110mph before ti would max out at 150 , its kind of weird now but i love new track and blackwood
My, all the complaining is really saddening. People need to stop and consider the possibility that Scawen thought about your "issues" before he put the new features in the game. He doesn't seem like the kind of person to rush into things on a whim. Once you consider this, I think truthfully you will see that 99% of the time, new features are improvements to LFS.

Test patches and new releases are making the forums such an unhappy place to be.

Thanks for all the hard work Scavier!
Quote from SchneeFee :same here, and pls dont come up with any "realistic" arguments. this new 45 degrees sideview adds nothing to lfs but will cause more crashes on corner entry as there is a huge dead angle now. I understand that in a real singleseater u wont be able to turn your head 90 degrees, but i can also imagine that the FOV irl is wider then now, and i am using 90 degress FOV now. Simracing is full of compromises and there must be something to compensate this.

if u want realism remove the track map.

45 degree angle looking restriction

+1 for sure. After a good few hours testing last night of most cars, this new 45 degrees look angle creates massive blind spots that cause accidents far too much. As said above, this should be an option and not a must in my view.

Of all the many wonderful features, additions and changes within this patch, this is one of the notable changes I think causes more issues than any benefit.

TBO Changes
Secondly, I am a little suprised at the TBO changes, particularly to the FXO and RB4. With Patch X bringing a slower FXO, making the RB4 and XRT faster by far in races, this change has made the FXO the outright leader from our tests last night and the more difficult car to drive (XRT) simply out of the running.

Clutch Damage
Last but not least, I love the clutch damage but feel for endurance racing this element causes too many issues and restricts certain cars from these events. I think the ability to repair the clutch or at least to make it driveable to 'orange' after a pits visit should be made available OR clutch damage should be a serverside variable that can be turned on or off. Having this as a serverside option gives valuable feedback on what the community like and dislike and prefer for your fantastic game.

Regards.
Quote from srdsprinter :My, all the complaining is really saddening. People need to stop and consider the possibility that Scawen thought about your "issues" before he put the new features in the game. He doesn't seem like the kind of person to rush into things on a whim. Once you consider this, I think truthfully you will see that 99% of the time, new features are improvements to LFS.

Test patches and new releases are making the forums such an unhappy place to be.

Thanks for all the hard work Scavier!

Exactly, I was just about to make a thread on this topic.

The LFS community makes me so sad.
Quote from ajp71 :As Tristan said lots of car produce more power out of their safe rev range, nowadays most cars stop you from revving dangerously far with a rev limiter. Cars without a rev limiter often require discipline from the drive so he doesn't end up with an oily mess. Simply adding a rev limiter stops cars from revving so hard and the lack of detail in LFS's engine physics isn't so exposed.

while all of this is true i seriously doubt that a 450hp formula engine would not be designed in such a way to use its powerband effectively instead of cutting it short with a limiter
This thread is closed

TEST Patch X30 (to X38)
(1444 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG