No!
Yeah!
Dont know...
Career mode
Hi!

Maybe the LFS devlopers could make Career
Like u start with... XFG...
And u race with AI's.
And when u win some race's u WIN New cars..

What about that?

Comment

(Dont be angry:schwitz
Sounds like cruising servers...
Sounds like S1...
Absolutely not.

Anything which takes the emphasis of LFS away from racing against humans is losing the intent of the game. Cruise servers themselves use this idea in a different way, and this too is against the original purpose of the game. I really can't see development time being invested in something like this, to be honest.

But you could always try and find a way to do it yourself

Sam
#5 - joen
sounds like a bad idea.

i don't want to have to win cars. lfs is an online racing simulator, leave silly career modes to arcade racing games.
Quote from RacerAsh3 :Sounds like cruising servers...

?
I mean earn Cars when u win (not mod but.. kind of Lfs Training)
Quote from joen :sounds like a bad idea.

i don't want to have to win cars. lfs is an online racing simulator, leave silly career modes to arcade racing games.

One player!
Seriously, stop making all those crap threads! Thank you!
Quote from joen :lfs is an online racing simulator, leave silly career modes to arcade racing games.

Amen
#10 - joen
I think he means offline only. IMO it'd be good for when you don't have an Internet connection.
*runs from the flaming*

DK
i don't like that ideja, sound like need for speed illepall
#13 - MR_B
Quote from DieKolkrabe :I think he means offline only. IMO it'd be good for when you don't have an Internet connection.
*runs from the flaming*

DK

Of which i did for SIX MONTHS! Can anyone here live without LFS for 6 months?
Quote from Highsider9 :Sounds like S1...

Just what I thought - we already had this - and people started complaining that they couldn't drive the faster cars

Now that it's gone, people want it back

I agree that there should be a little better offline mode (like Season/Tournament or something) but since the AI still doesn't change their racing lines when a players car is on it, everythin involving AI would scare new players away rather than convincing them to by a license
if people want offline play to be better it could be made to improve the online play once that player returns online. Like more/harder challenges in the training. If it is difficult to do then people may work harder to get better, thus increasing the pace once online again. However, if people dont like that because they cant do it they know where GT/PGR/FM etc are sold
Quote from joen :sounds like a bad idea.

... leave silly career modes to arcade racing games.

Interesting point of view. I have seen sims that attempt to 'simulate' real life by offering a choice of Career Mode, where you have to start off with lower performance equipment and work your way up to the higher perfomance stuff by proving yourself. Or you can select Arcade Mode whereby you can have/do anything you want.

Although there may be some reasons not to have Career Mode I voted 'Yeah!', because I don't think the idea is 'silly' in the least. In fact, I feel that saying this idea is 'silly' is like saying that this sim should never ever have a Career Mode and should only have Arcade Mode!!! To me that seems pretty silly.

If more work were to ever be concentrated on the single player aspect of the sim, I vote Yeah!/Yes for a Career Mode in Single Player. And I feel it would be a welcome addition to Multiplayer, Career Mode servers and Arcade Mode servers.

If we are talking about a sim here, and thereby attempting to simulate real life, would someone care to explain how it works? Is there ever a possibility to start off racing a Formula or Grand Prix car right off the bat, if you have enough money in your bank account? Or is it absolutely required to start off in lower classes and prove yourself first?

Regards
A career mode a la GT4? Hell no. Not needed.

I could be tempted with a Championship mode with several championships where you unlock the next one after beating the previous one.

Not that it should mean cars should be locked, it should be an "as well as" not an instead of.
#18 - joen
Quote from OneTinSoldier :In fact, I feel that saying this idea is 'silly' is like saying that this sim should never ever have a Career Mode and should only have Arcade Mode!!! To me that seems pretty silly.

I didn't say that. I said that I think a career mode is a bad idea. Your logic escapes me, because I didn't say LFS should have an arcade mode only. I don't know where you got that idea.

LFS is an online racing simulator, not a real life simulator. Otherwise we could start simulating engine revision, cleaning the pitbox, arranging catering for the team, etc. Yes I am stretching.
i think there is a possibility to have such a carrer-mode and it's online: CTRA-X System. primary lfs is (like the subtitlesays a online racing simulator, so it's right to have possibilities to practice offline, but the main focus is the online racing. and nothing is better than hard, clean races against driver you know

[Edit] ups, nearly the same content like joen
Would take too much time to develop and actually make 'worthwhile' in my opinion...

but not only that, LFS doesn't have a huge diversity of tracks, so the more and more you play certain tracks through each stage of your career (eg. slower class of cars and progressing to faster class)... it would just get quite boring.

You also don't have very many choices for doing a large championship that typically runs 10-20 different tracks in a season. LFS couldn't do that without playing the same environment over and over again.... while its just on a different combo. Leagues have this problem too, because we don't have much to choose from. Sucks doesn't it?

If you want to build a career, work with leagues... that is a REAL career.
In my oppinion LFS doesn`t need a career mode, it`s all about online racing. But I like that point that you got to have some experience before beeing allowed to drive certain cars, it was a system like that waaaay back in LFS time, point system.
Quote from aroX123 :Hi!

Maybe the LFS devlopers could make Career
Like u start with... XFG...
And u race with AI's.
And when u win some race's u WIN New cars..

What about that?

Comment

(Dont be angry:schwitz

dude this is online simulation game not a stupid arcade like nfs
I`ll agree with you than some of the suggestions he got is rather silly, but you`ll have to agree that it wouldn`t harm to have a system that somehow won`t let you drive certain cars before you got enough experience. Poinst/distance whatever, I like the idea.
voted no, i'd hate to see devs wasting time with something like that..

on the other hand, more & harder training lessons would be nice
we had this in S1. we just want to drive the car and drive it now!

Career mode
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG