The online racing simulator
Quote from chanoman315 :same for me... i think im gonna loose my scholarship cuz of lfs.. well for the game i have in my pc...

Lol, LFS destroys your future eh?
Maybe you should visit the anonymous lfs players... they meet every day 19 - 21 in the south city chappel
Quote from three_jump :Maybe you should visit the anonymous lfs players... they meet every day 19 - 21 in the south city chappel

:ices_rofl
I probally need to be there tho
Quote from J.B. :I'm not sure why you think the rollbar can't twist? I've added another arrow in the picture to show how it is supposed to twist. It's the vertical bar Tristan was referring to. And I can assure you there are no torsion bars in the rockers. I've looked at the pictures and they are perfectly normal rockers, just as on any other race car.

If that's the ARB, it moves in the wrong direction... (left suspension goes in, would mean right suspension goes out, so you'ld have a rollbar, not antirollbar) So, it's not, bad speculation guys. Looks like there's only the one monoshock for accelleration/decelleration and no movement side to side (cant see any springwashers), so no need for ARB, but that's a guess, not a fact.
Well, it is kind of a reversed principle, but still, the torsion bar regulates how much roll is possible. If the bar was infinitely stiff, then the whole front suspension would act as solid axle that could just move up and down. Dunno if you've noticed it, but the bottom part of the torsion bar is fixed, so your "left goes in, right goes out" sounds much easier than actually possible.
Quote from lococost :If that's the ARB, it moves in the wrong direction... (left suspension goes in, would mean right suspension goes out, so you'ld have a rollbar, not antirollbar) So, it's not, bad speculation guys. Looks like there's only the one monoshock for accelleration/decelleration and no movement side to side (cant see any springwashers), so no need for ARB, but that's a guess, not a fact.

Look again, think a bit, and you'll come to the other, correct, conclusion. It's REALLY basic mechanics. The only thing that's complicated is trying to imagine the stress distribution on such a short ARB, but I wouldn't expect most to be sitting there doing that...
#132 - JEP
WOW !
Great joob guys !!
:lfs:
Yeah, great job. Now all it needs is a high res skin template but the one that comes with the viewer will do for now.

Live for Speed rocks!
Quote from Madman_CZ :Yeah, great job. Now all it needs is a high res skin template but the one that comes with the viewer will do for now.

Live for Speed rocks!

If you are taking about getting the 'flat' wireframe as a .psd then I've done one on the previous page - it's 2048x2048.
Thanks for the info, i skip read through the first 3 pages only. Cheers for that

mad
Quote from tristancliffe :
Look again, think a bit, and you'll come to the other, correct, conclusion. It's REALLY basic mechanics. The only thing that's complicated is trying to imagine the stress distribution on such a short ARB, but I wouldn't expect most to be sitting there doing that...

I stand corrected.

Quote from tristancliffe :
The only thing that's complicated is trying to imagine the stress distribution on such a short ARB, but I wouldn't expect most to be sitting there doing that...

The tube might be hollow and have a mechanism inside, that lets the top bit rotate if enough force is applied. If so it would be easely adjustable.
No it won't be - the tube might be hollow (though I doubt it - it would probably shear off and deform if hollow - at the very least it'll be very thick walled), but it won't have a mechanism in it. I think you overcomplicate what is ultimately a budget race car.
just noticed this on the cmx viewer, is it some new real world advertising? . wonder if it they will show up elsewhere too.
Attached images
newadvertising.jpg
I suspect they were allowed to use the 'skin' of the real car without having permission from the various individual companies - they agree to be on the car, and hence agree to be on recreations of the car. Don't make news up in your head for the sake of it.
Wonder how the bf1 ads jumped off the car to the billboards then? Must be magic.
A very different deal with Intel I'd imagine.
And michelin for the billboards and the tyres too on all cars?

<me stirs a little bit more>
This skin has even more little knobs and pieces than the BF1!
Quote from J.B. :I'm not sure why you think the rollbar can't twist? I've added another arrow in the picture to show how it is supposed to twist. It's the vertical bar Tristan was referring to. And I can assure you there are no torsion bars in the rockers. I've looked at the pictures and they are perfectly normal rockers, just as on any other race car.

Ah, OK. I see now. No, I wasn't thinking the vertical tube/bar there could twist. It looks like too solid of a piece to be able to twist like that. I was looking for some way that it could move that way without twisting and obviously, that just won't work.

I still don't really understand how that whole system works. It seems that it is only a semi independent suspension. What independent movement it does have is not damped in any way it seems. But, I have already proven that I am not seeing how this system works very well.
it seems doesn't work on Linux...
Quote from LeManchot :it seems doesn't work on Linux...

Kinda obviously, unless you mean under wine.
Quote from Hallen :Ah, OK. I see now. No, I wasn't thinking the vertical tube/bar there could twist. It looks like too solid of a piece to be able to twist like that. I was looking for some way that it could move that way without twisting and obviously, that just won't work.

I still don't really understand how that whole system works. It seems that it is only a semi independent suspension. What independent movement it does have is not damped in any way it seems. But, I have already proven that I am not seeing how this system works very well.

Check out the various bushings connecting all the rods together. Each bushing will contribute some flex. The ones connected to the vertical bar look especially flexible, similar to sway bar drop links. In fact, they *are* sway bar drop links, just in a weird size and orientation compared to a street car.

Also think about how the pivot points would work given that the vertical bar can freely rotate forward and back. The axis of rotation will begin in the center, but as the arb twists and the shock compresses, the axis will move away from center, giving the two wheels different amounts of leverage against the spring. The more easily the arb can twist, the more "independent" the suspension is, just like in a two damper setup.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG