The online racing simulator
Street Racing Opinion?
(252 posts, started )
Why would you be scared of my driving? Out of everyone my age that I know, they would all rather ride with me as I am not distracted behind the wheel and pay attention using every one of my senses. Most teenagers take for granted having the privatively to drive a car around. I understand how much a car weighs and how fast it is traveling. You should be scared of the people who shouldn't deserve to pass the driving test. My friend didn't see the person coming the other way before he turned and almost got hit, yet still passed.

Quote :You really don't get it, do you.. What if there is a broken car parked on the right side, his battery died so he can't use emergency indicators

Obviously I wouldn't hit him as I wouldn't be driving on the shoulder.

Quote :If you're racing you cannot possibly be driving safely within the cars limits, let alone your own limits.

Street cars race on the track all the time and do fine pushing the cars to the limit. 120mph driving in a straight line is not the limit, I can easily do that for a few seconds before getting on the brakes and bringing it back down to the speed limit without breaking a sweat. People do it all the time on the autobahn. The main highways up north in the US are exactly the same as the autobahn (without the speed limits).
Quote from tristancliffe :These are your double posts.

Those were different responses to different people. Double posts are like the same text posted twice. By your standard everyone would've more than quadruple posted in most threads.
Quote from Forbin :Boris, that's a bit like saying everyone in the US runs from the cops because that's all you ever see on YouTube. You seem to have a rather distorted view of what it's like to drive in the US. The incidence of street racing is probably on par with Europe, it's just that Americans seem to like filming themselves doing stupid things.

America's Funniest Videos

Quote from Dennisjr13 :

Street cars race on the track all the time and do fine pushing the cars to the limit. 120mph driving in a straight line is not the limit, I can easily do that for a few seconds before getting on the brakes and bringing it back down to the speed limit without breaking a sweat. People do it all the time on the autobahn. The main highways up north in the US are exactly the same as the autobahn (without the speed limits).

the last person I know of who did that was known for killing himself (as well as a few others) cause he lost control.

Just because YOU are able to do it and drive in a vacant highway, doesn't make it right for everyone else. Have you ever seen the amount of cars on highway in Hawaii? Also, since the Kaneohe highway here is on a high up and down slope (mountain road), deaths occur everyday because people overestimate their ability to control the car. Street racers literally fly off the mountain roads and it isn't as cool as it sounds when you witness it in real life.

Quote :street racers are just people who do not have the discipline, maturity or skill to race professionally

Totally agree. I cannot count the number of times that my classmates completely totaled their car because they overestimated their ability to handle a speeding car

What people need to understand is the faster a car goes the harder it is to control. I say this to speeding NASCAR fans everyday: Going 180 MPH on a superspeedway is completely different than driving in circles doing 5 MPH in your vacant parking lot
Quote from Dennisjr13 :[...]

I'll just say one thing to you: you are a big, ugly and tragic accident waiting to happen... I don't care how good you think you are (those who say they are usually are those who know NOTHING), you still endanger yourself and others way more than necessary, so you shouldn't have passed as well!
Quote from Dennisjr13 :
Street cars race on the track all the time and do fine pushing the cars to the limit. 120mph driving in a straight line is not the limit, I can easily do that for a few seconds before getting on the brakes and bringing it back down to the speed limit without breaking a sweat.

Driving fast isn't the issue, if you're sensible there are situations where you could cruise for miles at 120mph in relative safety, however the minute you introduce any kind of racing/competitiveness to it you just become an accident waiting to happen, firstly because you double the number of lumps of metal traveling at silly speeds and secondly because you become competitive and will ignore the warning signs. Think how many racing accidents are caused by mechanical failures well bellow the cars limits or completely unavoidable freak accidents, pretty much none, if you drive on a road well within limits in daylight with good visibility then the chance of an accident is relatively low. If you then decide to race side by side down a highway in darkness you're hugely increasing the chance of a crash.
I hit a deer at 60 mph a few years ago going to work. It jumped out from behind a tree probably 8 feet from me. There wasn't even enough time to hit the brakes, the truck didn't brake until a split second after impact. The impact spun my truck a complete 180 degrees around and stopped partially on the side of the road in the opposite lane facing the other direction.

What would happen with a deer, elk, bear, kangaroo, other large animal at 120 mph? How about just before a turn, when a mother is coming the opposite direction driving her kids to the babysitter's so she could go to work? In the evening when someone else is coming home from work? The mother and children are always brought up. How about us fathers too? How many children out there are fatherless? The mothers and children do not have to be in the car for it to affect them the rest of their lives.

I'm certainly not someone who frowns upon speeding, I do not normally drive the speed limit. But, I don't (anymore) race down the public roads.

How old are you, Dennis? Because your attitude is certainly not adult. The majority of those with similar attitudes are still children who are of legal age to drive. At that age, you do not have the experience or knowledge to be speeding in a car. There are hundreds of variables that could happen on public roads. When you get older, and gain more experience, you realize this and recognize how stupid it is to "race" on public roads.
Quote from lizardfolk :But i will agree that it's generally easier and cheaper to do illegal street racing than professional circuit or oval racing.

Please tell me you are kidding... It's not like theres only F1 and illegal street racing. There's auto-x and circuit racing that you can do in a pretty much stock car. It is much easier and cheaper to go to auto-x events.
#58 - JTbo
Quote from Boris Lozac :Fair enough But i've seen a lot of junctions with no traffic lights from the movies, youtube, etc. and that's really scary. As much as i love your highways and your country roads i would be kinda scared knowing that there are guys like Dennis around..

Well, I would not say that traffic lights add a lot to safety if people are using even bit of brains, traffic lights just dumb down drivers, they trust blindly to lights.

Roundabouts are much better if there is lot of traffic.
Quote from Boris Lozac :You really don't get it, do you..

And it's quite an easy concept: public roads are... ehm, uh, er... public. Only morons don't get the meaning and the implications of the word.
Quote from JTbo :Roundabouts are much better if there is lot of traffic.

There is a roundabout near my doctor. Whenever I drive there, I go the correct way around. But theres always some idiot going the WRONG WAY around it because they figure they'll save 5 seconds by doing so. That's America for you.
I have seen friends arrested, seriously hurt and killed from street racing, and innocent bystanders also hurt and killed.

You can implement all sorts of laws, have cameras every 20 feet on every stretch of road and people will still do it. Just take it to the track, and stop driving with your penis on public roads..
Quote from JTbo :Well, I would not say that traffic lights add a lot to safety if people are using even bit of brains, traffic lights just dumb down drivers, they trust blindly to lights.

Traffic lights are necessary in a lot of cross roads because people over here simply don't possess any common sense. I came across a red Nissan Micra, driven by a stereotypical clueless woman Micra driver that had been T-boned by an aggressive Asian driver in a Mondeo at a set of lights that were out. The lights were clearly out and it was a junction with good visibility of the other direction where traffic barely moves fast enough to be able to hit each other normally. Talk about feeding stereotypes :doh:

Quote from wheel4hummer :There is a roundabout near my doctor. Whenever I drive there, I go the correct way around. But theres always some idiot going the WRONG WAY around it because they figure they'll save 5 seconds by doing so. That's America for you.

Going the wrong way round a round about is incredibly retarded to say the least. The snag with round abouts is they take up a lot of room and if people don't use common sense and let people go across them when one direction is queuing everything grids to a holt. I came across a rather ridiculously mini mini-roundabout in Cheltenham recently in which I had to do a 3 point turn to turn round, and that was in a Ford Focus, no hope in hell in getting a Chelsea tractor round it
#63 - JTbo
Quote from wheel4hummer :There is a roundabout near my doctor. Whenever I drive there, I go the correct way around. But theres always some idiot going the WRONG WAY around it because they figure they'll save 5 seconds by doing so. That's America for you.

Solution is easy, remove license from persons that can't drive and make driving test so difficult that only those pass that really can drive
Quote from JTbo :Solution is easy, remove license from persons that can't drive and make driving test so difficult that only those pass that really can drive

ppl driving still after they took the license from them
#65 - JTbo
Quote from e2mustang :ppl driving still after they took the license from them

That is why shotgun was invented
#67 - JTbo
Seriosly, nowdays license seem to be something everyone gets, but IMO it should not be like that, only those that really can drive and that means more than handle a car, should be allowed to have license.

You don't get license for airplane just like that, but there is not much where to crash on air, on ground there is people, other vehicles, trees, and all kind of crap, then you have to drive quite narrow path too and snow makes driving totally different from raining and dry summer weather is again completely another kind.

Also there is huge amount of vehicles, it is lot more likely that you hit some other car than that you even see two planes at same time.

Less licenses and better air as transportation changes more efficient.
I understand the risks of driving fast and I know that in certain places, you can put someones life in danger. I never said I do this every night or have done it at all. I just implied that it isn't as dangerous as some people think. I am tired of responding to the same questions every time so this will probably be my last post.
#69 - JTbo
Quote from Dennisjr13 :I understand the risks of driving fast and I know that in certain places, you can put someones life in danger. I never said I do this every night or have done it at all. I just implied that it isn't as dangerous as some people think. I am tired of responding to the same questions every time so this will probably be my last post.

Going 20% faster on straight road with good visibility is not yet causing much of risk, but even doing speed of speedlimit is massive risk if driver drives by feeling or if driver is passenger at driver's seat as quite big percent of today's drivers are. Ban those from roads and everything will be better.
Quote from JTbo :Seriosly, nowdays license seem to be something everyone gets, but IMO it should not be like that, only those that really can drive and that means more than handle a car, should be allowed to have license.

But even if you had stricter tests you couldn't control how people drive. People who ignore the rules, drive the wrong way on roundabouts for example, are just ignoring the rules they might actually know. There is a difference between obeying the rules and knowing them.

But I can agree that there is some idiots on the roads. Dangerous overtaking is something that gets on my nerves, and during the 1½ year I've been driving I've seen rather much of it. Last time about week a go. It was dark, snowing, temperature around 0 and this van is stuck behind me long time. Was doing the limit on my own alright. Just as I was getting fed up with this van tailgating me way too close it starts to overtake me in a blind bend! And what do you know, there is a car coming the other way. He could have waited for 20 seconds, or used the last 900 meter straight! But instead he though it would be good to have a peek in a bend. Those are sort of idiots who get on my nerves, drive way too close and then overtake, or try to, in silly places when there is oncoming traffic. But what are you going to do? The police doesn't monitor such silly driving.
#71 - JTbo
After stricter test we could have stricter control over how people drive and that we can take from speed control as people would be more than capable of judging what is proper speed, also consequences could be lot worse, making license easy to loose.
Quote from JTbo :After stricter test we could have stricter control over how people drive and that we can take from speed control as people would be more than capable of judging what is proper speed, also consequences could be lot worse, making license easy to loose.

Well I'm all ears to learn how is that controlling going to happen?
#73 - JTbo
Quote from Blackout :Well I'm all ears to learn how is that controlling going to happen?

Certainly, first we sell all traffic cameras to UK, then we get lot of cops with money and whips, now we only hire gorgeous blondes to cops and arm them with whips, we send them to patrol roads and as they spot traffic violator they pull him over and spank with whip, after that video that was made is being sent to violators mom/gf/wife with small love letter where blond cop tells how she is in love with violator and how she can't wait next weekend.

Something along those lines, I guess
Quote from JTbo :Certainly, first we sell all traffic cameras to UK, then we get lot of cops with money and whips, now we only hire gorgeous blondes to cops and arm them with whips, we send them to patrol roads and as they spot traffic violator they pull him over and spank with whip, after that video that was made is being sent to violators mom/gf/wife with small love letter where blond cop tells how she is in love with violator and how she can't wait next weekend.

Something along those lines, I guess

I see the earth's future than... lol
Ah, the age-old debate of "I am a good enough driver to race on the streets" vs. "No you're not".

Bottom line is that irrelevant of how good a driver you think you are, people are unpredictable. If they see you approaching from behind at 150mph, they might panic and either swerve or hit the gas themselves, then piling into someone else in their attempt to get away from you.

Remember that road-legal cars are safety tested within the speed limits, so unless you've added at least a roll cage, there's no guarantee your car will not fold like cardboard if you hurl into a wall at 130.
And remember that in head-ons you add the speeds of each car together, so if you're going 120mph and they're going 70mph, the collision happens at 190mph.

The glorification of racing on public streets isn't the issue - if you have a brain you will understand that it's not real. Each of those drivers knows exactly what the other cars are going to do at what time. Trying to recreate that when you have no control is retarded.
Even the most talented drivers in the world can be taken out by someone else's mistake, and you don't fall into this category.

By all means, go ahead and kill yourself. The sooner the better. But don't take innocent people out with you.

Street Racing Opinion?
(252 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG