The online racing simulator
Street Racing Opinion?
(252 posts, started )
Quote from MAGGOT :Then don't race. Simple.

Race and public road in the same sentence gives me the chills..

Yes, you are endagering other people! ROADS ARE MEANT TO TAKE YOU FROM POINT A TO POINT B! That's it! They are not for wannabe 18 year old Schumachers who WILL kill someone one day! Remember the last Gumball and those two poor old people who got killed in Macedonia by a stupid wannabe Schumacher in a Porsche!?
Quote from Dennisjr13 :Most people, including me, have no money to pay for the constant fees of gas to get up to the track, and the cost of racing on the track.

Then get a better job, or save up, until you can race responsibly.

Otherwise, boohoo, cry me a river, and f**k off until you get a brain and figure out that ANY kind of racing on a public highway is a recipe for death. I can't afford to go racing, so I do it in LFS instead. I don't care if it's 3am on a rural road, how do you know that a farmer won't pull out of a side road in his old pickup after tending to his crops or animals all day and night? You don't. How do you know there isn't a broken down car over the brow of that hill? You don't.

How do you know you're not going to take an innocent somebody's life?

You don't.

Grow up.
Street racing on public roads are just stupid,and very dangerous.But on closed sections/roads i have no problem with it.This street racing was way before that nfs game came out,coz EA said,the game was made from street racers,wich was getting popular from like 2000?
Btw Fnf movies suck,the first was ok,imo.
Quote from Dennisjr13 :blah blah blah

I think you're talking about the make-believe world of Initial D, not real life. In real life, the roads are NEVER empty, at any hour. Also, you said a really dumb thing: "...those that can street race responsibly...". This is a contradiction. There is no such thing as a responsible street racer, because anyone who is responsible would not street race. Your pathetic exuces did not convince me that street racing is "sometimes ok", as it is never ok. If you wanna race, do it on private property. Buy a strip of land somewhere, pave a road, and race. I have nothing against that. But never do it on public roads. Grow up kid.
-
(lizardfolk) DELETED by lizardfolk
Please define street racing.

Is it when you race against some other car on the public streets?
Or is it just going over the speed limits at a silent hour having that bit of your own fun going into the next bend faster than your instructor would suggest?
Quote from Jonesy_ :Please define street racing.

Is it when you race against some other car on the public streets?
Or is it just going over the speed limits at a silent hour having that bit of your own fun going into the next bend faster than your instructor would suggest?

Drifting or racing on public highways and or roads is street racing. Going fast at silent hours is not exactly street racing and IMO is not as dangerous because your true intent is not to beat another car on public roads. Just as long as you slow down when there's traffic.

Quote from MAGGOT :Where in the hell did you get those figures? Maybe for a bottom-of-the-barrel team, yes.

Anyone who spends $200k modifying their 84 Civic has the intelligence level equivalent to that of the common household toaster. Not one of those fancy toaster-ovens, either; I'm talking the standard classic aluminum 2-slice toaster that always burns bread to a crisp.

Street racing is for people who are even stupider than that; they're equivalent to the classic aluminum 2-slice toaster that always burns 1 slice of bread to a crisp because only one side works.

Street racing is for morons, in other words.

Formula Mazda (or better known as the Star Mazda Championship) doesn't cost a lot at all. It is the main reason why new comers or race hobbyists are attracted to the series in the first place. It is a stepping stone for a career in racing (or for just a hobby).

That figure is for an average team.

Quote from bbman :The article is far away from being strong or harsh in any way, and bang on... Tristan's and STROBE's versions would be more like what I would write... And although I don't quite believe the amount of money the writer claims people spend on their illegaly tuned cars, it is quite much... I myself am always banging on about why people have to buy cheap POS-cars and throw loads of money at it when they could easily buy a good car with it...

I agree with the original article's poster that a strong negative assertion would ultimately result in a negative response. No matter if the article itself has merit or not.

Saying "all street racers should be shot in the head." Is completely politically incorrect and would kick up a storm among car communities... I know, since when have I even been politically correct. But it is not the purpose of the article and frankly should never be the purpose of any critical thinking article to just angrily bash the offending party with harsh words regardless if they deserves it or not. We have to be clear minded and present out ideas in an orderly fashion. Sure this will never be the case in an informal forum. But that article was not meant to be a forum discussion. I just brought it up to see what you guys think about it.

I wonder. What was bad (or poorly written) about the article? I'll admit it may be slightly biased and it is not true that the cost of professional racing is less than the cost of illegally modifying your car to street race. But besides that I quite like the article. I believe the article has lots of merit
I see a big difference in idiots that weave in and out of traffic doing 110mph on the highway and someone who waits until 3am, and scouts out the highway before they race. These are the people that don't cause any harm to anyone but themselves. They know the risks of racing and take them accordingly, just like anyone involved in motor sports today. It isn't hard to hold a car in a straight line

I DON'T think it's ok to street race, I just think it is immoral for someone to endanger other people's lives without at least doing their best to make the event safer.

Quote :Otherwise, boohoo, cry me a river, and f**k off until you get a brain and figure out that ANY kind of racing on a public highway is a recipe for death.

What have I accomplished in life or will accomplish if I live to be 60? I haven't improved the life of the world and neither have most people. All most do is leech off the resources of the earth and then die. I am not afraid of death, I AM afraid of injuring others. That is why I only look down upon those who don't care about the safety of other people on the road who might accomplish something with their lives.

I think I got off on the wrong foot with my first post and didn't explain properly. I am talking about racing on public highways as these are the only places I would consider to be non dangerous in the right conditions.

Also, I am not talking about speeds over 120mph. This is like with racing a friend in your beater for fun to see who's is faster doing like a 40mph-100mph punch.
In that case I'd say street racing/drifting is quite stupid thing to do.

But saying I should get a bullet into my head for driving over the speed limits on a silent road during quiet hours is just twoy.

As long as there is no intention to race anyone else but yourself, and having the caution always in your mind that there might be someone else on the road and being prepared for it in a way that you're able to prevent the possible collision or even near collision for happening by your own doings, I'm saying go for it.
Quote from Dennisjr13 :I just think it is immoral for someone to endanger other people's lives without at least doing their best to make the event safer.

This sentence is probably the most ridiculous I've read on this forum.
Quote from zeugnimod :This sentence is probably the most ridiculous I've read on this forum.

Isn't that exactly what sanctioned racing is all about? They put cars on a track with walls and fences to keep the spectators safe. Why not do that on the road if you are going to street race. Doing it at night when no one is around so you are less of a threat.

It is my opinion, just because you think differently doesn't mean either one of us is wrong.
errr... earth to Dennisjnr... slight difference between a controlled racetrack environment and presuming that there's nobody on a quiet stretch of public road. illepall

Quote from dennisjr :just because you think differently doesn't mean either one of us is wrong.

Nah, you're just pretty much plain wrong.
Quote from Dennisjr13 :Isn't that exactly what sanctioned racing is all about? They put cars on a track with walls and fences to keep the spectators safe. Why not do that on the road if you are going to street race. Doing it at night when no one is around so you are less of a threat.

It is my opinion, just because you think differently doesn't mean either one of us is wrong.

In what kind of dream world are you living? You can never be sure that no one is around, and participating in street races but doing something to be "less of a threat" is the most ridiculous thing I've heard on these forums for quite a while... no wait, comparing the achievable "safety" to closed circuit racing is even more ridiculous. Do you know how you can make it even more safe? Don't f***** race on the street, ffs.

There is no chance in hell some bystanders end up on a race track without them knowing what they're getting into. All the spectators KNOW they're putting themselves in danger, even though the regulations nowadays do their best to guarantee spectator safety.

However, the mother with her two children driving home late at night after visiting aunt Mary, which always takes too long because she can't let her go without discussing the gossip of the last half year, DOES NOT KNOW some pricks are using the highway as their personal racetrack because they can't afford the gas price driving to a real one. Good luck explaining the widower why you killed his wife and two children - "but the highway was clear 5 minutes ago" is not going to cut it, I promise.
Quote from squidhead :continuing your logics

And they do drift parking lots, and chase each other while drifting and shooting, and the movie showed the Japanese drift scene perfectly...
Right?

It's a frickin hollywood entertainment movie, and one about fast cars involving some mafia family. How you NOT expect some driving+shooting is beyond me. Or you really can't tell what things are plot devices.

Quote :

1) The cars were rubbish (look me in the eye and say that RB26DETT powered 67 Fastback is a great car and I will advice you to avoid talking about cars...)

I think the fastback, with any engine anyway, is rubbish. What your OPINION is about what is great I don't care.

Quote :
2) More then 50% of their drifting was done in 3d...INCLUDING the spiral drifting...
the real thing could be seen in the mountains scenes (exept when the girl was driving) the donut around the car, and some of the city scenes and the docks...

Not the spiral drifting. It's real.
http://www.edmunds.com/insidel ... atures/articleId=115709#4
But of course if you got better sources saying otherwise I'm all ears.

Quote :
IF you want to see drifting - you watch D1.
IF you want to see Movie - you watch something worth watching.

Yup, that's exactly why I post only drifting movies, drift in LFS and have joined a drift team
or in other words - got no facts - keep your words to yourself...

P.s: You know how to edit , but still doublepost... I see your logic now...

Now where's that double post? I don't see it. I don't see your logic, either.
Quote from yoyoML :By means it did what it set out to do, or did you read my post? Have you even seen anything about drifting Japanese? They DO drift down mountain roads 10 at a time, yes with a lot less smoke. And if that's your opinion about the "cars" part you obviously didn't look past skin deep. Some of the drifting they did were pretty precise, like where one drifted up a spiral with bumpers almost touching the walls.

Wait, let me guess, DORIFITO is rubbish! Oh well, learning more adjectives will help.

Quote from yoyoML :The latest NFS actually got back onto race tracks in sanctioned events.

I agree that "It's the game that made lil' Johnny do that" is just lame excuse. Doom would've had me chaingun everyone in sight a decade ago.

These are your double posts.
Quote from AndroidXP :However, the mother with her two children driving home late at night after visiting aunt Mary, which always takes too long because she can't let her go without discussing the gossip of the last half year, DOES NOT KNOW some pricks are using the highway as their personal racetrack because they can't afford the gas price driving to a real one. Good luck explaining the widower why you killed his wife and two children - "but the highway was clear 5 minutes ago" is not going to cut it, I promise.

I HAVE EYES. I can see out my front and back windshields. There are no cars in sight on a straight highway. What danger do I pose speeding up to 120mph in 10 seconds and then slowing back down to cruising speed. This is a short period of time, not the Gumball, no ones lives are at risk but your own. I am talking about a divided highway with 2 lanes going each way.

I never said that racing on public roads is safe or the right thing to do. I just said I see a difference between those who drive like maniacs down curvy back roads following their friends, and those who do a short race on a straight highway with a friend that only lasts 10 seconds, with no cars in sight in front or behind. Basically like this except no traffic.
I have the terrible urge to flame and berate someone in this topic so viciously that it would probably get me banned from here for quite some time.

Then again, I suspect that anyone with even two braincells and a milligram of common sense realises that the posts in question speak for themselves, and no further comment is needed. Except perhaps this one...

Quote from Dennisjnr13 :Doing it at night when no one is around

Quote from Dennisjnr13 :I HAVE EYES

What, night vision eyes? Or headlamps powerful enough to illuminate a reasonable reaction+stopping distance at 120mph? Tell me, what kind of an alternator do you need to power headlamps like that? Is there any power left over get the car to 120? Or are you in fact just hopelessly trying to justify a moronic, illegal and easily lethal activity because your life is so pointless and aimless that you need to get an adrenaline fix from blasting up to stupid speeds in the dark with no hope of stopping in time for the unexpected because you're too stupid/selfish/inbred (delete as appropriate) to do the decent thing and drive at the limit on a racetrack?

You seem to be struggling with a simple little concept here. You never drive at the limit on a public road. Doesn't matter whether it's for 10 seconds, 10 minutes, or 10 hours. It's still flat out, it's still racing, it's still leaving no room for the unexpected.

Suppose you're just cruising home one night, or you have your girlfriend/wife/gay lover/friend/relative with you after a nice meal or a night out. You swing round the onramp and join the freeway, accelerating though 50, 60 mph. Then suddenly there's a blinding glare in your mirror and before you can react you've been piled into by someone travelling on the limit at more than twice your speed, and you get shunted into a tree or bridge pillar at over 90mph. And you're dead, through no fault of your own.

Is this what you're trying to justify?
#42 - JTbo
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :Strong? While it is rare to see someone use common sense these days, its not particulary a strong piece. Anyone with his head screwed on can say that!

The problem lies with the people who reckon:
a) Fast n Furious to be a great movie
b) think that your 1984 Civic can be turned into a supercar..

Thats a complete lack of common sense, hence the problem.

Agree with Niels

World is going stupid direction, ban this ban that, but not even once is required to actually use brains, so they don't fix cause only symptoms.

But racing should be limited to organized events only, those who race on streets are stupid morons. It has nothing to do with games or movies, only idiotism and going by feeling, think first act second would solve whole lot of such problems.
Quote from STROBE :Suppose you're just cruising home one night, or you have your girlfriend/wife/gay lover/friend/relative with you after a nice meal or a night out. You swing round the onramp and join the freeway, accelerating though 50, 60 mph. Then suddenly there's a blinding glare in your mirror and before you can react you've been piled into by someone travelling on the limit at more than twice your speed, and you get shunted into a tree or bridge pillar at over 90mph. And you're dead, through no fault of your own.

while i fully agree with you heres a word of advice for you
dont ever drive on a german autobahn
Quote from Dennisjr13 :I HAVE EYES. I can see out my front and back windshields. There are no cars in sight on a straight highway. What danger do I pose speeding up to 120mph in 10 seconds and then slowing back down to cruising speed. This is a short period of time, not the Gumball, no ones lives are at risk but your own. I am talking about a divided highway with 2 lanes going each way.

I never said that racing on public roads is safe or the right thing to do. I just said I see a difference between those who drive like maniacs down curvy back roads following their friends, and those who do a short race on a straight highway with a friend that only lasts 10 seconds, with no cars in sight in front or behind. Basically like this except no traffic.

You really don't get it, do you.. What if there is a broken car parked on the right side, his battery died so he can't use emergency indicators, etc.. 120 MPH? Jesus christ, it's the guys like you that scare me the most and i would be freaked out if i ever go to US and had to drive on your country roads.. Almost all of those crash accidents on the YouTube are from US and from the guys like you, the smart as* street "racers"
Quote from tristancliffe :and the human gene pool, anyone found in such a car, or doing such an activity should be killed on sight.

Natural selection FTW!

Quote from Dennisjr13 :...

The minute you enter into any kind of competitive driving on a public road you become a fast moving death trap. Driving fast on a road isn't an issue, ideally choose one that is quiet and always expect to find a tractor in the middle of the road when go round a bend and never approach cars expecting you'll be able to overtake them. If you're going to drive fast on a public road you should do it in broad day light IMO, you can read the road better and stand a much greater chance of seeing people and animals.

Obviously driving fast on the road is dangerous, don't ever try and convince yourself that it isn't, I find it pretty frightening you don't mind the concept of crashing on the road, it's pretty safe to assume that without a run off area you and anything you hit will never walk again if you loose control or see something too late at the national speed limit let alone nearing the ton. When you drive fast on the road you should be well under the cars and your own limits and putting all your concentration into checking the road ahead, if you do that then you're probably less likely to get in a crash than the average driver, but remember if you do crash trees declerate cars faster than gravel traps and tire walls. If you're racing you cannot possibly be driving safely within the cars limits, let alone your own limits.

Quote from lizardfolk :
Formula Mazda (or better known as the Star Mazda Championship) doesn't cost a lot at all.

I think you'll find Formula Mazda is very expensive in club motorsport terms, you're talking brand new carbon tub (huge repair bills), sequential boxes and a rotary engine (means the average competitor is far more likely to end up sending it to a specialist rather than getting there hands dirty).
Boris, that's a bit like saying everyone in the US runs from the cops because that's all you ever see on YouTube. You seem to have a rather distorted view of what it's like to drive in the US. The incidence of street racing is probably on par with Europe, it's just that Americans seem to like filming themselves doing stupid things.
Quote from Forbin :Boris, that's a bit like saying everyone in the US runs from the cops because that's all you ever see on YouTube. You seem to have a rather distorted view of what it's like to drive in the US. The incidence of street racing is probably on par with Europe, it's just that Americans seem to like filming themselves doing stupid things.

Fair enough But i've seen a lot of junctions with no traffic lights from the movies, youtube, etc. and that's really scary. As much as i love your highways and your country roads i would be kinda scared knowing that there are guys like Dennis around..
From what I've seen driving standards in America are generally very poor compared to the UK/Europe in terms of car control and spacial awareness. No one seems to have any idea how big their cars are, and certainly can't park them. Having said that though people are really polite compared to the UK, there seems to be very little road rage type behaviour and those cross roads where no one has priority would just end up in a punch up in the UK
This is for u street racers! i just made it...
Attached images
lfsing.jpg
It looks ok I suppose, just a little bit of bluring it needs.

Street Racing Opinion?
(252 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG