The online racing simulator
Street Racing Opinion?
(252 posts, started )
Quote from wheel4hummer :This does not actually count as racing, but on this road that I was driving on, I was going the speed limit (35mph). This idiot in a Jetta behind me decided to try to illegally pass me. So, I just floor it to 55mph, and therefore they could not complete the pass. They tried this twice afterwards, their attempts obviously did not work, as my car has superior acceleration to theirs. Obviously, they are not a responsible driver. (Neither am I, but I am a superior driver :P)

Why not let them pass, just videotape it and give tape to cops, then you would at least act like total arse, not like teenage boy what you did now
Quote from atlantian :seriously guys, in RL racing, you crash less, since you take it more seriously...

Right, is this as much true as that you don't need to change NA exhaust manifold when installing a turbo, or maybe as much true that it is very manly to run without shirt wearing tiny pants and jogging shoes?

Think, learn, you are only 16, you still don't know half of truth and you will not learn anything unless you open your ears and start to listen others.

So was Impreza your Christmas present? Celica is still in one piece?

BTW, in racing, it is controlled enviroment and people that are driving know rules and are willing to go by them, that helps to have less accidents, nothing to do with how serious you are
Quote from atlantian ::scared:___________________________:hbomb: :bananadea :hbomb:

^:sadbanana

The driver of this car was street racing, and got blocked during a corner by a Ford Ranger. He plowed straight into the post at approx. 130kmh. And this car has less than 80hp.

The driver was killed instantly. The PASSENGER (his girlfriend) lost one of her legs at the impact.
Quote from JTbo :Broken leg is around 8k but without cash in pocket or insurance they won't fix it and you are send to public hospital where some drunk doctor does crappy job and you end up having twisted leg that can't be used for walking for rest of your life?

That I how I think it is, could be wrong of course

Well, over here - if you don't have insurance you are sent to a public hospital and... o wait - even PUBLIC hospitals require insurance. That's the difference here. There is no such thing as free healthcare - either you are insured, or you are dead.
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Well, over here - if you don't have insurance you are sent to a public hospital and... o wait - even PUBLIC hospitals require insurance. That's the difference here. There is no such thing as free healthcare - either you are insured, or you are dead.

Sounds fair, imo

I mean surely there is nothing more stupid system than such where you can do whatever you like to yourself as it does not matter, free healthcare, just get fixed up for free.

It is perhaps cruel system with own flaws, but at least it should help with responsibility of yourself.

Here people get drunk every weekend and hurt others or themselves, I have to pay for that in taxes, I don't like it, it is HUGE part of our taxes.

I think that there was some hospitals there that did fix you up even if you had no insurance, but it was almost better without patching.
Maybe it is only in some states or maybe only few hospitals.

Also when you get a job there is often insurance as part of salary, lot cheaper than individual insurance or that is what I have heard again, who knows how old or wrong that information is

Oh yes, I think that Atlantian has also one more thing to consider. He probably has insurance that his parents have taken to him, was it 18 or 21 when that cheap insurance was not possible anymore? Well, anyway if he crashes it will increase insurance payments to many people, also to him when he gets older and have to start paying insurance.
Please don't get into the "free healthcare" kick. Health care is not, nor will it ever be free. It either costs in premiums paid by yourself, your employer, or both, or paid with taxes.

Here's the way I see it going down here. You make $12 per hour. You pay $200 per month in healthcare along with your employer paying probably $500 per month. Now comes along the "free healthcare" in the US. Your taxes go up to 50%, you no longer have to pay the $200, but your employer also no longer pays the $500. Do you really think the employer is going to give you that $500 per month in your paycheck (equivalent to an extra $3+ per hour)? No, the employer is going to save that $500 per month while you pay $900 in taxes to cover the "free healthcare" instead of ~$300 in taxes. So, you save the $200 on your part of the premium, yet you pay $600 more in taxes. Where's the "free" part?

And sorry, I have been reading several threads on here, as well as have been reading this forum for 3 years now. Yes, the Americans were not singled out and flamed in this particular thread. I was speaking of the forum as a whole. It is getting to the point where it can't go 4-6 hours without someone flaming the US or Americans on this forum anymore. It stops being a "haha" about a stereotype when it becomes a constant habit in nearly every topic that comes about when it is said that Americans can't drive, can't turn right, don't understand humor or sarcasm, can't spell when they type humor instead of humour, don't type dates the same way as you, are fat, are lazy, are stupid, are morons, and everything else that this community has fallen down to deeming acceptable when talking about the US. There are members here from the US and if you can't respect that, then I can no longer respect the British or Europeans who follow along with the same.

Go ahead and flame away at individuals for stupid comments they make here, that is fine. But when you degrade all Americans with your comments, you degrade not just those who have proved themselves worthy of it, but you flame those who are not worthy as well.
I would say you are bit over sensitive
Quote from atlantian :seriously guys, in RL racing, you crash less, since you take it more seriously...

What kind of reasoning is THAT??!!! Just because you take it "seriously" it doesn't magically improve your driving skills to match those of Michael Schumacher.

Word to the wise: a state of bliss doesn't change reality.

Quote from mrodgers :Please don't get into the "free healthcare" kick. Health care is not, nor will it ever be free. It either costs in premiums paid by yourself, your employer, or both, or paid with taxes.

Here's the way I see it going down here. You make $12 per hour. You pay $200 per month in healthcare along with your employer paying probably $500 per month. Now comes along the "free healthcare" in the US. Your taxes go up to 50%, you no longer have to pay the $200, but your employer also no longer pays the $500. Do you really think the employer is going to give you that $500 per month in your paycheck (equivalent to an extra $3+ per hour)? No, the employer is going to save that $500 per month while you pay $900 in taxes to cover the "free healthcare" instead of ~$300 in taxes. So, you save the $200 on your part of the premium, yet you pay $600 more in taxes. Where's the "free" part?

Michael Moore is an idiot...Seriously. The only ONLY documentary that he made which was of some value was Bowling for Columbine (and even there I disagree with some of his psychological analysis). Everything else there was liberal propaganda.

Quote from mrodgers : And sorry, I have been reading several threads on here, as well as have been reading this forum for 3 years now. Yes, the Americans were not singled out and flamed in this particular thread. I was speaking of the forum as a whole. It is getting to the point where it can't go 4-6 hours without someone flaming the US or Americans on this forum anymore. It stops being a "haha" about a stereotype when it becomes a constant habit in nearly every topic that comes about when it is said that Americans can't drive, can't turn right, don't understand humor or sarcasm, can't spell when they type humor instead of humour, don't type dates the same way as you, are fat, are lazy, are stupid, are morons, and everything else that this community has fallen down to deeming acceptable when talking about the US. There are members here from the US and if you can't respect that, then I can no longer respect the British or Europeans who follow along with the same.

Go ahead and flame away at individuals for stupid comments they make here, that is fine. But when you degrade all Americans with your comments, you degrade not just those who have proved themselves worthy of it, but you flame those who are not worthy as well.

Really? I actually have encountered the opposite (and yes I do realize that you may in fact be right and this is strictly opinion due to the fact that I'm not everywhere on the forum). I have not been really "flamed" or "insulted" purely based on the fact that I'm American (well, Chinese American but you get the idea). In fact, upon my initial encounter (about a year or so ago) with the LFS forum I have received more insults and flames than I do now. I even rarely get the "OMG UR RETARDED YOU LIKE OVALS" sort of comment.
Quote from mrodgers :

I wouldn't say oversensitive... I'd say flamebaiting. This thread was free from stereotypes about nationalities until you decided to flame Brits ...

But in a thing you're right: comments qualify single persons. You've qualified yourself.
Regardless of the "free" part, the fact of the matter is that your system is far better than ours. Plain and simple.
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Regardless of the "free" part, the fact of the matter is that your system is far better than ours. Plain and simple.

Maybe, but it is very hard to see it that way.
You know, grass is greener other side of fence and such

Community paid education together with community paid healthcare were created to help this country to get competitive after WW2, it was quite good pull actually as you look things back.
#212 - Woz
Just to get back on topic. Hope this does not come across too harsh.

<harsh>
Street racer = c*nt

Sorry to use that word but too many people get killed by these wanabe race driver c*nts who have not yet learnt when their brain is in control and when their cock is the one talking.

To people that think its cool...

Track = safe environment to play. Street = dead people. Stop being stupid c*nts!
</harsh>

Quote from Woz :Just to get back on topic. Hope this does not come across too harsh.

<harsh>
Street racer = c*nt

Sorry to use that word but too many people get killed by these wanabe race driver c*nts who have not yet learnt when their brain is in control and when their cock is the one talking.

To people that think its cool...

Track = safe environment to play. Street = dead people. Stop being stupid c*nts!
</harsh>

+1, also I support harsh method as it seem our pet street racer does have rather thick skull, I mean this is not only place he has been in this kind of discussions and it is very same message he has got elsewhere (except he has got himself banned :razz, maybe it is needed to send bit harsh message to get trough then
There's probably only one kind of "message" that will get through to him... which is when he's having an accident.
Quote from wheel4hummer :They tried this twice afterwards, their attempts obviously did not work, as my car has superior acceleration to theirs. Obviously, they are not a responsible driver. (Neither am I, but I am a superior driver :P)

Superior? It makes you an idiot. If a car comes in the opposite direction and his foot is to the floor and you aren't letting him past and theres a car behind he has one choice - smash into your lane (/car).
Quote from Jakg :Superior? It makes you an idiot. If a car comes in the opposite direction and his foot is to the floor and you aren't letting him past and theres a car behind he has one choice - smash into your lane (/car).

Some drivers are real idiots, and we know that. The Italian laws about driving state that if you fail to avoid an accident when you have the possibility to do so you're as guilty as the person who originally was at fault. I guess such rules are the same everywhere. It makes sense, it avoids people becoming idiots just to resist an illegal pass and teach a stupid lesson to someone.

No matter why you do it, reckless driving is just bad, and raising the amount of dangerous driving to answer to another reckless driver is an enormous act of stupidity that should be harshly punished.
Quote from mrodgers :And sorry, I have been reading several threads on here, as well as have been reading this forum for 3 years now. Yes, the Americans were not singled out and flamed in this particular thread. I was speaking of the forum as a whole. It is getting to the point where it can't go 4-6 hours without someone flaming the US or Americans on this forum anymore. It stops being a "haha" about a stereotype when it becomes a constant habit in nearly every topic that comes about when it is said that Americans can't drive, can't turn right, don't understand humor or sarcasm, can't spell when they type humor instead of humour, don't type dates the same way as you, are fat, are lazy, are stupid, are morons, and everything else that this community has fallen down to deeming acceptable when talking about the US. There are members here from the US and if you can't respect that, then I can no longer respect the British or Europeans who follow along with the same.

same thing i said to the guy who bums squrrels wearing a lizard costume:
stop the whining already and get on with throwing stereotypes back at us
right now all youre doing is asking for more and the more you dont get on with the way europeans like to have some fun while having a discussion the more we will try to make you

Quote from Woz :Street racer = c*nt

speed of light * integer * time?
doesnt make any sense to me whatsoever
We have rule which requires driver to be able to stop his vehicle in visible road area.

This is not very often used however, it means that at dark winter when car comes from opposite direction, you should slow down to 50kph or something like that.

But rule still exists.
It's a good rule. You should always be able to stop in a distance which is equal to the distance you can see ahead of you. This applies especially to corners that you can't see "around".

If you're riding a bike, this rule will most likely save your life sooner or later.
Imz coolz i drivz at 300kph all the timez coz i'm a hella good driver.

Pfft i prefer not to street race i dont for a fact that i dont want to waste 3 things
1. Fuel-Since pirces seem to going sky high.
2. Tire wear-Even if its a short thing ive managed to drop my T/P a few times.

3. Because im not a stupid mofo
Quote from jibber :It's a good rule. You should always be able to stop in a distance which is equal to the distance you can see ahead of you.

Road speed limits are crafted that way, especially for blind corners: they aren't calculated on the speed you can safely mantain without going off the road, they are conservatively calculated on visibility and supposed reaction times.
Sure, but there are places where you have to do this kind of thinking by yourself.

Take a swiss mountain road (you have lots of similar roads in italy) for example. There is a speed limit of 80km/h usually. But there are many corners that you can't see around, and if you're doing more than 50km/h for example, you won't be able to stop in time if there is an unexpected "obstacle" behind that corner. Still, the speed limit is 80km/h.
Problem is that speed limits in here are 80kph, even road would be wide and straight like runway for 300km, or really twisty road where it is not possible of two trucks to pass each others.

I can lower my speed on twisty road to maintain safety, but on those big straight roads it is problem, I tend to fell a sleep as I don't really need to turn wheel even tightest corner on those roads, road banking takes care of turning.

It would not be a problem to do 100 or even 120kph, however speed limits are that low, because road wears much more at 100kph than at 80kph, that is at winter time. So it is possible that road is too safe for speed, driver loses focus there.

I avoid those roads and use smaller ones, don't need to was car that often either because of that, less risk that some idiot will come to my lane and such.

Surely speed limits aren't horn of truth, sometimes safe speed is lot less, sometimes you can do lot faster without any(meaningful) added risk. However I chose not to speed, there can always be poor bastard that can't drive and he may think that I'm doing 80, even I'm doing 120kph, it would be a mess and I don't like mess.

I'm against enforced speed control we are seeing today, from my opinion there are lot far more dangerous things on road, like old people that have no ability to control car properly, people with license pulled out from lottery and such. When those are removed from roads (certainly they should not drive, not even now) there could be good planning of speed limits and enforced speed control of realistically set speed limits.

But for some stupid reason they (mysterious they again) have decided that it is slowest wheel which speed everyone has to follow and everyone should have chance for license which should not be too hard. Very wrong way to do things, imo.
Quote from jibber :Sure, but there are places where you have to do this kind of thinking by yourself.

Take a swiss mountain road (you have lots of similar roads in italy) for example.

This is true also in Italy and you're right, my example is valid primarily for urban areas where a limit is enforced because the probability of, as a simple example, a pedestrian crossing the street is much higher.

But all things considered a correct evaluation of speed is always up to the driver, regardless of the speed limit.
lizardfolk your signiture is a Quote from Days of Thunder NICE I LIKE IT

Street Racing Opinion?
(252 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG