The online racing simulator
Street Racing Opinion?
(252 posts, started )
Quote from atlantian :eh?? i said nothing of a mini van... i drive compact cars... infact i drive a brand new 3rd gen impreza.

but 60?!?!?!, seriously, if i had 60 dollars to throw around easily, why would i still be a demoer? i am totally broke! i save money from lunch money from mommy and daddy to get stuff!!!

-jeeze!-

[/size]60 CAD. That's less than 60 USD.[/size]

EDIT : Actually, it doesn't. I stand corrected.
Quote from lizardfolk :Ya by like .1

Actually, I stand corrected as the Canadian dollar now costs a little more than the US dollar (1 CAD is 50.98p, 1 USD is 50.65p).
Quote from DragonCommando :Just one thing.
If you can't afford to go to a track day, how the hell are you going to street race? With a stock used minivan?

Over here it costs $60 canadian to run on a drag strip for a WHOLE DAY. and if you want turns, they have realy cheap prices on race tracks in the area, I don't know how much it is for a track day, but its not that much at all.

If you can't get on a track to do it, DON'T DO IT.

Not everyone lives directly next to a drag strip. The nearest one to me is 1.5 hours on the highway. Gas is ridiculously expensive and to drive an hour and a half just to prove to a friend that his car is slow, is pointless.

Us teenagers are in a completely different situation from you adults. We can't just leave the house and go to a different state to have some fun. Besides karting, there is very little open for a 16 year old like me and you can't just hop into any motor sport at that age.

I am not saying that street racing is moral and that it is perfectly, it is just an option that most teenagers choose as the pro's at that moment outweigh the cons.

I just wish you guys could understand that a teenager can't leave his house and drive for hours into a different state.
Quote from Dennisjr13 :
I just wish you guys could understand that a teenager can't leave his house and drive for hours into a different state.

Yes, that's why he has to do illegal street racing... which can cost his own life, and even worse, the lifes of others. Sounds completely reasonable to me!

What about riding a bike? Playing basketball... skating... etc, etc.
Don't forget that we've been teenagers aswell sometime ago. And most of us had plenty of stuff to do, beside driving to other states or doing illegal street racing.
Quote from jibber :Yes, that's why he has to do illegal street racing... which can cost his own life, and even worse, the lifes of others. Sounds completely reasonable to me!

I find that the morons that I see every day on the highway, weaving in and out of traffic going 20mph slower than them etc. are much more dangerous than someone who does a quick street race once a month on an "empty" road at night.

You guys make it sound like theres 3 cars on a narrow two lane road flying like nascar for miles.
I don't know about the others... but I don't want to make it sound like anything else than "Street racing is illegal and dangerous".
um... also i do it out of convienience... i said the "touge" road is right outside my house...

oh, funny story, did i mention that i started this as one errand run for my dad, i had to rush the bills to the post office before it closes at 6pm... lol, then that night, i started to race along that road...

and then i discovered that there was a team... oh, and my friends are going to make a tiny 3 man team...
Dennisjr, it's only their snobby arrogant british asses speaking when they get like this. Now watch, they can say all they want about the US and "Americans", but they will take huge offense over that.....

They can't separate the differences between the "underground street racing" on in the streets of LA NFS or FnF style compared to 2 guys having a bit of fun with their cars out on a country road. They also like to bark the illegal issue all the time with everything. As if none of them have ever broken the speed limit (that would be illegal), or they all indeed have spent the $3000 on 3d modeling software for their video game rendering, then bark in their arrogance about someone using a crack for LFS.

There's no stopping it. They are so wrapped up in their arrogance, their perceived superiority, and their perceived perfection as a culture and a nation that there is no use in fighting it. When they say that all Americans can't drive, are fat, are stupid, you just have to smile and laugh anymore. When they argue about issues such as racing on the roads and driving fast as if they had never done it themselves, you just have to let it go. Thank goodness the folks from around the world on other forums I participate in are not like those here.

Of course, the stupidity of atlantian doesn't help matters any. Of course, because of the attitude and the stupidness showing in his posts from a single individual in the US represents the billions of others.........
Quote from mrodgers :Dennisjr, it's only their snobby arrogant british asses speaking when they get like this. Now watch, they can say all they want about the US and "Americans", but they will take huge offense over that.....

They can't separate the differences between the "underground street racing" on in the streets of LA NFS or FnF style compared to 2 guys having a bit of fun with their cars out on a country road. They also like to bark the illegal issue all the time with everything. As if none of them have ever broken the speed limit (that would be illegal), or they all indeed have spent the $3000 on 3d modeling software for their video game rendering, then bark in their arrogance about someone using a crack for LFS.

There's no stopping it. They are so wrapped up in their arrogance, their perceived superiority, and their perceived perfection as a culture and a nation that there is no use in fighting it. When they say that all Americans can't drive, are fat, are stupid, you just have to smile and laugh anymore. When they argue about issues such as racing on the roads and driving fast as if they had never done it themselves, you just have to let it go. Thank goodness the folks from around the world on other forums I participate in are not like those here.

^psst! plz don't anger them!
Quote from mrodgers :Dennisjr, it's only their snobby arrogant british asses speaking when they get like this. Now watch, they can say all they want about the US and "Americans", but they will take huge offense over that.....

Of course, the stupidity of atlantian doesn't help matters any. Of course, because of the attitude and the stupidness showing in his posts from a single individual in the US represents the billions of others.........

There are only two words I need to say: Thank You.

If only I could quote that without getting banned even though as Americans, we hear the same said to us on this forum every day and it is considered perfectly fine.
Quote from Dennisjr13 :Not everyone lives directly next to a drag strip. The nearest one to me is 1.5 hours on the highway. Gas is ridiculously expensive and to drive an hour and a half just to prove to a friend that his car is slow, is pointless.

Us teenagers are in a completely different situation from you adults. We can't just leave the house and go to a different state to have some fun. Besides karting, there is very little open for a 16 year old like me and you can't just hop into any motor sport at that age.

I am not saying that street racing is moral and that it is perfectly, it is just an option that most teenagers choose as the pro's at that moment outweigh the cons.

You poor poor teenager, there is nothing better for you to do than to endanger yourself and others, and nobody understands you... Do you want to come here and compare petroil prices?

Quote from Dennisjr13 :I find that the morons that I see every day on the highway, weaving in and out of traffic going 20mph slower than them etc. are much more dangerous than someone who does a quick street race once a month on an "empty" road at night.

You guys make it sound like theres 3 cars on a narrow two lane road flying like nascar for miles.

People with your mindset should never ever get a licence...

Quote from mrodgers :...

*clap* *clap* Impressive speech, too bad nobody criticized the US in general, just some individual idiots (hell, americans even AGREED, they must be traitors!)... Get from your high horse and start reading...
Quote from Dennisjr13 :Not everyone lives directly next to a drag strip. The nearest one to me is 1.5 hours on the highway. Gas is ridiculously expensive and to drive an hour and a half just to prove to a friend that his car is slow, is pointless.

That's why we all play computer games :-)
Quote :
Us teenagers are in a completely different situation from you adults.

Yes, and no... I'm 30 and not always an adult...
Quote :
We can't just leave the house and go to a different state to have some fun. Besides karting, there is very little open for a 16 year old like me and you can't just hop into any motor sport at that age.

That's right, but there are things you just can't do without being at a certain age and having some money. I loved car racing since I was 5, so did I go out and drive? naah :-) It's a bit of a stupid point, I hope you get me right here.
Quote :

Yep, teenagers tend to be more risky, but we have rules to show you youngsters that you (and everyone else) are NOT invincible, and some ideas might harm other people...
Quote :

To be honest I don't get your point really. If I liked shooting I could get a weapon's license (VERY VERY HARD in europe), buy a gun and go to a shooting range.
I might as well talk to some "friend", get an uzi for 100 bucks (or steal "my dad's gun") and go downtown to play shooting games at noon. Don't you think this would be the stupidest thing to do?
I also don't drive to Hockenheim, tha A1 ring or somewhere else, being on a racetrack is ridiculously expensive here. But sometimes we all have to admit that most of us are just poor suckers and either we save our money until we can afford something special or we just dream of it and leave it be.

Hope you got my point here. Thanks for trying to discuss from a teenager's view and not just being a retard like that... other guy.

greetz

der butz
Quote from Dennisjr13 :Gas is ridiculously expensive and to drive an hour and a half just to prove to a friend that his car is slow, is pointless.

Expensive? EXPENSIVE?

$8.31/gallon it is here, how can you say it is expensive ?

Many people go to work in US from here because living there is cheap and income big, so can't really understand any comments why it would not be same thing

Just admit it, you are lazy arse that can't get arsed to work a bit to get on circuit or to gather small club together that would arrange events in co-operation with authorities if there is no clubs already.

I have also seen lot of material about autocross events that you have on parking lots, surely all you say are simple excuses as you can't accept responsibility of your own street racing felony.

There is always options, it is just if one likes to be lazy stereotypical western world resident or something more

mrodgers, maybe, maybe it is also that us bloodhounds of United Kingdom are bit worried of some of guys not completely understanding everything that is involved going fast, perhaps it could be possible that we are taking bit strict line in this issue because it is car racing sim forum and we don't like to get connected to any such activity?

We all remember how badly that M5 event ended up even kid tried to be safe, he just did not know all risks, he perhaps did not think in enough wide perspective, even our reactions can be pretty annoying it is hopefully causing enough irritation that when going fast on road one process it and can find dangers before unknown to him.

Surely there are differences in cultures and habits of old and new world, but I don't see anyone bashing all americans to be F&F racers here. Only those that openly admit they race :P
Quote from JTbo :Expensive? EXPENSIVE?

$8.31/gallon it is here, how can you say it is expensive ?

Many people go to work in US from here because living there is cheap and income big, so can't really understand any comments why it would not be same thing

Living here is not cheap. It's a lot more expensive than you think. No free health care, for example, and houses cost a fortune. Sure gas is cheap, but that does not make up for the rest of the expenses. I can likewise say there are many of people here who move to Europe to save money. My dad says were we living in Europe right now, we'd be living in a mansion, with 17 different cars (13 of them being rare exotics) and basically bathing in our own filthy richness...

...well not really, but (and I guess it depends what area of the US you compare with what area of the UK, it is not cheaper to live stateside.
Quote from JTbo :
Surely there are differences in cultures and habits of old and new world, but I don't see anyone bashing all americans to be F&F racers here.

Neither do I, the only unfortunate stereotyping I see in this page doesn't come from Europe. I just hope people won't learn the hard way that a road is no less public just because it seems empty.
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Living here is not cheap. It's a lot more expensive than you think. No free health care, for example, and houses cost a fortune. Sure gas is cheap, but that does not make up for the rest of the expenses. I can likewise say there are many of people here who move to Europe to save money. My dad says were we living in Europe right now, we'd be living in a mansion, with 17 different cars (13 of them being rare exotics) and basically bathing in our own filthy richness...

...well not really, but (and I guess it depends what area of the US you compare with what area of the UK, it is not cheaper to live stateside.

Funny, same story just opposite

Healthcare is something we pay in our taxes, I pay 23% of taxes + few % of social costs from every paycheck, over 60% tax from fuel, whatever I buy I need to pay 22% of tax, of course who makes product will pay tax from making product and selling it and so on.

Houses are so expensive that my life is not enough to pay one and I'm not earning so bad, above average actually.

Living with parents as teenager I don't think gas in US is relatively more expensive than here, more likely lot cheaper and still teenagers here afford to get it, drive all night and some go even to track days too.
IMO Street Racing is retarded. For all the reasons already pointed.

If you want to have fun with your car, do a trackday at the nearest racetrack.
Quote from mrodgers :(bafflingly irate diatribe) ... They can't separate the differences between the "underground street racing" on the streets of LA NFS or FnF style compared to 2 guys having a bit of fun with their cars out on a country road.

Last time two guys I knew had a "bit of fun" on a country road, one car ended up upside down in a field with a dead 17 year old girl in the passenger seat and a ruined life in the drivers seat (it alway seems to be the goddam driver who survives that shit). If you're screwing around with a car the only difference between Los Angeles & Six-toe, Idaho is the shit you hit when you leave the road.

There's a difference between enjoying your car and being a dangerous ****wit.

Sure, not everyone lives near a racetrack. I sure don't (Albert Park doesn't count). So? So you don't get everything you want. Welcome to planet Earth.
Quote from Bumpdrafter :IMO Street Racing is retarded. For all the reasons already pointed.

If you want to have fun with your car, do a trackday at the nearest racetrack.

:scared:___________________________:hbomb: :bananadea :hbomb:

^:sadbanana
Quote from JTbo :Funny, same story just opposite

Healthcare is something we pay in our taxes, I pay 23% of taxes + few % of social costs from every paycheck, over 60% tax from fuel, whatever I buy I need to pay 22% of tax, of course who makes product will pay tax from making product and selling it and so on.

Houses are so expensive that my life is not enough to pay one and I'm not earning so bad, above average actually.

Living with parents as teenager I don't think gas in US is relatively more expensive than here, more likely lot cheaper and still teenagers here afford to get it, drive all night and some go even to track days too.

You should watch the movie Sicko.

As for the gas - I guess I worded it badly - I mean that the cheap cost of gas over here does not make up for the other expenses we have to pay in our daily lives.

Seriously - though - watch Sicko to understand the issue with our healthcare system.
Quote from Stang70Fastback :You should watch the movie Sicko.

As for the gas - I guess I worded it badly - I mean that the cheap cost of gas over here does not make up for the other expenses we have to pay in our daily lives.

Seriously - though - watch Sicko to understand the issue with our healthcare system.

Broken leg is around 8k but without cash in pocket or insurance they won't fix it and you are send to public hospital where some drunk doctor does crappy job and you end up having twisted leg that can't be used for walking for rest of your life?

That I how I think it is, could be wrong of course
seriously guys, in RL racing, you crash less, since you take it more seriously...
This does not actually count as racing, but on this road that I was driving on, I was going the speed limit (35mph). This idiot in a Jetta behind me decided to try to illegally pass me. So, I just floor it to 55mph, and therefore they could not complete the pass. They tried this twice afterwards, their attempts obviously did not work, as my car has superior acceleration to theirs. Obviously, they are not a responsible driver. (Neither am I, but I am a superior driver :P)
should brake test him...hmmm..?

Street Racing Opinion?
(252 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG