The online racing simulator
New gamer with a real life XRT
(56 posts, started )
Automatic Transmission = Fail

ah well, better than front wheel drive though!
Quote from 1987SupraTurbo :Yeah, I'm not riding the "hey man i g2g but i ttyl, jus hit me up on aim yo" bandwagon.

Haha

Yes, thank you! Such a refreshing change. Otherwise I would've just called you liar and left the thread.

Nice car!
WOW! VERY NICE!
I had the JZA70 once...but I was young and careless, and stupid, and a streetracer...those were basically the reasons why supra is in motor heaven right now...

but where's the XRT? XRT is a Mitsu Starion

EDIT: Something about that caution sign on the mirror is a miss...can't see the "C" in the word "Closer"
^Uh oh...

Did 'lil Squid make a 1JZ go boom? Or was it the entire car that got raped?
~Bryan~
Quote from dropin_biking :^Uh oh...

Did 'lil Squid make a 1JZ go boom? Or was it the entire car that got raped?
~Bryan~

Let's just say... I should have payed more attention to what's going on on the road, instead of "how cool I look in my old Japanese coupe that nobody normal sees as a very special car"
anyway, lost control, skid off the road, but Im lucky, since the tree has softened my stop...kinda
(I got a reputation of a destroyer of sports cars...first the E30 then this, then it was the E36...that's exactly why I now bought a Mazda 6 with a 2.0, at least it's slow, it was either this or a TVR...and well...I didn't want to die tomorrow)
Welcome to the forums and enjoy your (prolonged) stay! If you want car tuning tips, you'll want to stalk this guy like the plague as he knows a lot about these things.
Welcome to LFS, but man... that car is automatic... :weeping:
Quote from squidhead :Let's just say... I should have payed more attention to what's going on on the road, instead of "how cool I look in my old Japanese coupe that nobody normal sees as a very special car"
anyway, lost control, skid off the road, but Im lucky, since the tree has softened my stop...kinda
(I got a reputation of a destroyer of sports cars...first the E30 then this, then it was the E36...that's exactly why I now bought a Mazda 6 with a 2.0, at least it's slow, it was either this or a TVR...and well...I didn't want to die tomorrow)

Ahh that's tragic They really are amazing cars, with very subtle looks.

To be fair it's not exactly a HARD car to crash. I remember when I was learning to drive, my right food discovered the world of boost, and the back end kicked out real quick, glad I was in a parking lot. I must say Toyota really did the right thing when making those 1JZ's. 2.5 litres across 6 cylinders, perfect balance of displacement/size/weight. Add the very well done twin-turbo setup, and you have a potent engine ready for some bolt-ons, and a bottom end thats good for some HIGH numbers.
~Bryan~
Welcome to LFS s2

Nice car but is auto

Buy s2 lic and enjoy the XRR
________
Vaporizer forum
Ahh crap, I'm jealous.
Quote from LFSn00b :btw: Why everybody is copying my location/replacing the UF1 with something else

And soon they will start to copy your avatar, just with their helmets
Quote from sinbad :Because you're the coolest guy alive, dawg.

I dont mind automatic. besides there are some really good ones now (his car prolly doesn't have it)
ok the supra is cool but guys u dont know the coolest car ever..
my 1991 Ford Fiesta

http://a21.ac-images.myspacecd ... aa66dc536c412ffba90dc.jpg

yeah thats what germans call a CAR !! hrhr
i know its not exactly like one of the lfs cars but be sure it drives like the uf1. no kidding, nobody can catch me with my 50 hp. because i learned how to enter a corner with speed
and its no automatic transmission. had that before. feels like beeing my own grandpa..
peace
Quote from fabonsko :ok the supra is cool but guys u dont know the coolest car ever..
my 1991 Ford Fiesta

cool in terms of inside temperatures in the winter?
I welcome you to lfs
Quote from MAGGOT :Yup. Of course, if you remove it I doubt you'd ever see a ticket for it... I want to replace mine with 'Objects in mirror are losing.'

I believe in Alberta, Canada you only need to be 14 to get your learners. Not uncommon

[EDIT] Oh yes, almost forgot.... Welcome!

Yah, In Alberta you can get your learners at 14... then drive with a parent until 16.. Then at 16 you can drive by yourself in the day. Then at 17 or 18? you are a fully licensed driver...
Quote from 1987SupraTurbo :

Then I bought a 1987 Supra when I just turned 15 for 1900$. I bought it automatic non-turbo with a fresh paintjob and only 140k on the body, and we are currently in the process of a 2jz-ge-t swap.

As for live for speed, it's an amazing game and I can't wait to scrape up enough for the license!

i dont want to be an ass but it's 2jz-gte
Wellllll, It could be a 2JZ-GE (naturally aspirated) with a turbo swap (hence the -t added) It's sometimes done when a good GTE engine or platform can't be found. It only takes a little bit of tweaking to make a GE engine accept a turbo.

Hm...you know you're a Supra freak when you have that in memory, and your 15
~Bryan~
Quote from MRSisson :Looking at the pictures of the car, in sequence, it is like getting ready to have sex....

...and then I get to this...

IMG - DaytimeGauges.jpg - IMG

...and it is like there is a picture of my grandma tacked to the headboard.

I couldnt agree any more

AUTO'S SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
^But you have to agree autos are MUCH better if your multi-tasking behind the wheel. I find if I'm driving auto, I'm more free to roll a joint or something...
~Bryan~
*sigh* i'm not even going to dignify that with a response
Wow I was gone for a couple days and came back to a bunch of wonderful replies! Thanks everyone!

Yes I get the "Aww, man, it's an automatic" Just about every person who is interested in my Supra. Well that's about to change..

We decided to go with the R154 transmission (5 speed in turbo MA70's) with a stiff clutch (In or out, no in-between ). We are going to drop the 2jz from a naturally aspirated 1995 Supra and do a NA-t using a single turbo. We still haven't decided yet, but I figure no need to as of now knowing that the swap itself is going to be time consuming.

I have plenty of time to decide.

And I'm planning to register LFS as the demo is amazing, and I can't wait for the others. Is online as fun as the regular game?

LFS = Great when the Supras down for work
Sweet man that sounds awesome The R154 is a GREAT tranny, as long as you keep it mantained. They can handle quite a bit of power, plus make a great matchup for a clutch upgrade. "My" slightly worn one in the '92 has a twin-disk carbon clutch infront of it, makes street driving a little more interesting

As for LFS, it really is an amazing game. All the tracks are very unique, but symbolize different 'areas'. You might enjoy Fern Bay if you end up getting S2, it's a very happy bright area, with lots of fun combos. Get S2 as soon as you can, you won't regret it. I used to play the Grand Turismo and GTR series games, and (imo) LFS blows them out of the water.
~Bryan~
Yeah, I've heard a lot of good input on the R154 transmission, and that's why I'm going through with it.

I love LFS, but I just wish there were actual cars. Such as the mark four Supra, and a couple exotics.

Is there going to be a LFS 3? And if so, what will it be like?

-Matt
Yes, there will be a S3 which is supposed to be the last stage of LFS.

The main things that are supposed to come in S3 are rain and night/day change (and probably new cars and tracks). Nothing is confirmed, though. This is only what is rumoured.

New gamer with a real life XRT
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG