The online racing simulator
New gamer with a real life XRT
(56 posts, started )
Yes, wise zeugnimod is right. Although its the custom that new cars and tracks come with a 'stage' update. Although anything could happen to LFS after S2 goes final. We could get a whole new physics update, amazing weather conditions, or S3 might not happen. We're all one growing family, nothing is very "strict" The Dev's never rush themselves, and always do a thourough job, and you must remember, they do have lives AFK.

Although rolling up in a Supra in LFS would be freaking awesome
~Bryan~
Quote from MAGGOT :I believe in Alberta, Canada you only need to be 14 to get your learners. Not uncommon

[EDIT] Oh yes, almost forgot.... Welcome!

Which means driving only with an adult license holder for two full years now. We've imposed some restrictions in recent years. IE if you get your learners at 15, you must wait till 17 for the next step.

Welcome to the board, and thanks for typing text that humans can read! Always a pleasure!

Edit: yikes, like 5+ replies in a few minutes?
Quote from 1987SupraTurbo :Wow I was gone for a couple days and came back to a bunch of wonderful replies! Thanks everyone!

Yes I get the "Aww, man, it's an automatic" Just about every person who is interested in my Supra. Well that's about to change..

We decided to go with the R154 transmission (5 speed in turbo MA70's) with a stiff clutch (In or out, no in-between ). We are going to drop the 2jz from a naturally aspirated 1995 Supra and do a NA-t using a single turbo. We still haven't decided yet, but I figure no need to as of now knowing that the swap itself is going to be time consuming.

I have plenty of time to decide.

And I'm planning to register LFS as the demo is amazing, and I can't wait for the others. Is online as fun as the regular game?

LFS = Great when the Supras down for work

TBH if you liked the demo you'll lve S2. It takes all the good points from the demo and multiplies them tenfold. Plus you'll have driven tens of thousands of miles before you could even think of saying you've mastered every car and track combo.

The online racing is also of a much higher standard in general than the demo, even more so if you join a league or race on the high level CTRA servers.

No point waiting for S3 IMO, you will have a great time with S2 for the forseeable future. I know I sound like a fanboy (Scavier, you owe me 20 quid ) but if you end up disagreeing with me you have full permission to kick me in the groin... Hard.
Sounds sweet. I don't know if everyone does this, or if I'm just weird. But I guess where I haven't got my license yet...

I kind of cruise around and floor it only on the straightaways. Sometimes I keep it under 3k. I think if the creators of LFS are trying to improve, I can always suggest these few things. I haven't seen a game with all of these yet, but really, I would be thankful with a few.

1. Turn signals activated with certain keys on the keyboard
2. When raining, and inside view is selected, wipers are on
3. Driver moves his hand down to shift (GT4 does this on topless (you know what I mean) cars)
4. Legs move according to the pedals they are/aren't pushing

And last but not least, the 2 clutch settings

1. Race setting - depresses faster
and/or
2. Cruise setting - depresses slower and smoother

Or maybe an option that lets you adjust the press/depress rate.

I know programing isn't easy (C++ for 3 months, failed, returned to watching others do so), but that's just me. Like I said, just something I would love to see in a future game.

-Matt E
you bet it is. I'd give almost anything for a real life XRT!
Quote from 1987SupraTurbo :
1. Turn signals activated with certain keys on the keyboard

Already inside. IIRC, it's 7 for left, 8 for right, 9 are the hazards and 0 turns them off.
Quote :
And last but not least, the 2 clutch settings

1. Race setting - depresses faster
and/or
2. Cruise setting - depresses slower and smoother

Or maybe an option that lets you adjust the press/depress rate.

Kind of a moot point once you actually have a FF wheel with clutch pedal, no? Anyway, I think if you're using manual-button clutch, then adjusting the button rate will do exactly that.

LFS is quite fun with keyboard and/or mouse (considering how many people are using LFS for years with that combo), but you're missing out A LOT without a decent force feedback wheel.

New gamer with a real life XRT
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG