The online racing simulator
one way to kill an engine...
(85 posts, started )
The real chief point of all this isn't the fact that a bunch of Knuckleheads blew up an engine though may not be of much monetary value but could have been someones pride and joy for many years if repaired or even upgraded properly.

The point is that this is a simple matter of human nature. Humanity's insatiable lust for destruction. Any excuse to destroy something. Anything. And some still wonder why morality and common sense are decaying at an exponential rate. The same thing actually applies to issues as serious as marriages. Ah, whatever excuse I can cough up to get rid of that bitch that you thought you loved years ago and married after only 72 hours of contact. Whatever I can cough up to get half my millionaire hubby's fortune. Who cares about the need for a happy and complete family by those little brats... (aka children). It's all about humanity's endless love affair with death and destruction.

Note: This is about homo saipiens as a species IN GENERAL, not aimed at particular individuals.

All that wasted fuel and no valuable data of scientific, engineering or practical value has come out of it. Even from a coldly logical point of view it was a pure waste.

For instance, a 40 inch LCD TV in Japan might be considered obsolete and replaced after 6 months of use. The stupid way would be to simply destroy it for nothing. Or if it still functions perfectly fine and most likely will for at least a good number of years you could simply sell it to someone else either local or foreign for a fraction of the original price. Of course you can NEVER recuperate all your losses, but it's better then just throwing a perfectly usable physical item of practical value away at a complete loss. If anything you could be doing less well to do families a great service. All while reducing the cost of your new TV from the money earned via trading in the old set.

The Japanese do in fact export a lot of their used cars that were either only a few years old and in excellent condition or restored to near OEM spec to a lot of countries in South East Asia. If you know where and who to look for, getting quality bargains for cars that range from post 2000 Mitsubishi Pajeros to Lexus IS300s isn't terribly difficult. The fact that people get to drive quality used vehicles at only a fraction of the price of brand new cars is itself a win-win situation where everyone ends up happy in the end (generally).

In this engine's case, why not just keep the car and all and just look for and sell it to someone who would restore it just because of their passion and love for the type of car? What a waste.
#77 - JTbo
Destroying something instead of building just show how stupid one is, stupidity however has been increasing over years it seems and I'm seriously worried how it will effect to future.

If there would be no stupid people there would never been sequel to Fast & Furious for example :hidesbehi
Technically this is the problem we have - we are spending our resources by simply getting rid of good stuff that could be reused. Similar to the videos of destructing electronics stuff (blend the ipod, smash the ps3).
Why are you guys still whining about this? Who the hell cares what someone else does to an engine? Does it really affect your life? No. If it does you need mental help.

I think that video is funny. Its a pos engine so who cares if its blown up. :S
#80 - JTbo
Quote from Roadie :Why are you guys still whining about this? Who the hell cares what someone else does to an engine? Does it really affect your life? No. If it does you need mental help.

I think that video is funny. Its a pos engine so who cares if its blown up. :S

It is human stupidity that annoys us that use brains
THAT LOOKED LIKE A NICE RX-7!!!!! What the hell did they pour on it...coke?...petrol? BOOOOOOOOOM!
wow , i cant stresss how much i hate people like this , the guy who posted the video said " it had no compression " but i dont car that motor would be nice set-up in a lada riva
Honestly, who cares? Get over it.
WHY THA HELL WOULD ANYONE DO THAT TO A CAR-!!!

DAMN ASSHOLES!!

its a car god damn it...
Well, you can definitely say, "Hey it's my engine. I can blow it up any day I like and if you feel bad about it go to the doctor!" That's totally reasonable and legal, but win you respect it doesn't.

Lots of people found it heartbreaking when an Enzo got wrecked into two halves a while back, even though it was someone else's car. It's just because we all know it's a nice thing to have. That we don't have it is quite irrelevant. What would people think of the owner if he jumped out and just said, "Well it's my Enzo, I can crash and it's none of your business"? What one rich **** or something? To some of us, that blown engine might've been a lot closer to an Enzo than others.

The US has been losing respect of people from other countries, bit by bit in events like this. Sure you can say you have the right or anything, for example like burning cheaply bought fuel in huge useless SUV's. It's other people's right to grow anti-American sentiments, too.

one way to kill an engine...
(85 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG