The online racing simulator
S1 tracks (old blackwood)
(46 posts, started )
#26 - BURN
edted cause i doubled it ..anyhow
#27 - BURN
Quote from tikshow :i think they want the new blackwood too, soo they need two versions of blackwood in s2, the old, and the new, and i think it isn't a bad idea!

thats exacty what its about.

Quote from Takumi_lfs :I really miss this curve

http://www.bhmotorsports.com/sims/lfs/screenshots/26.jpg

definatly! why does every track has to be like real racetracks... covered by "safety areas" ... i mean why all??

I also like the hole Pit-section for the reasons i already mentioned above. its just pure and not covered by long long walls
Ok, I was wondering.
What if you take every track file and texture that is releated to old blackwood, put it into your LFS folder and overwrite the new blackwood. Lol, how is that result going to be, would it work? Tho I highly doubt it hehe.
It could work; the graphics engine has not been changed, so the file structure should be basically the same. It's worth a shot, go for it!
Lol, you are only trying to get myself to screw up the game :P
But ok, I`ll test it!
If it works, it might come up with some interesting multiplayer racing!!
I've got to say that I prefer modern Blackwood, it looks far better and is more fun to drive! But hey, there are ways to unlock S1, I believe, so you could always download an old version and try it out.
Tested it. I tok the blackwood track file from old S1 to S2, didn`t work. It said something with ob... file, can`t remember, but had to go back to S2 blackwood.

Damn, really wished it would work, tho the chances was small
Quote from The Very End :Tested it. I tok the blackwood track file from old S1 to S2, didn`t work. It said something with ob... file, can`t remember, but had to go back to S2 blackwood.

Damn, really wished it would work, tho the chances was small

To bad it dindt work i would be curious to test it if it worked
The thing I noticed is that it seems to be more file types when it comes to track in S2. For example blackwood for S2 has 2 files, while the old one only had 1.

Would be fun if there was a option "Blackwood classic" and blackwood "standar" or something hehe.

Damn, I enjoyed the chicane on old blackwood
That chicane was just nice. It had more space and there was even a tree in that barrier

BTW : LFS 0.3E was the first LFS that I played
I still dont understand why the turbo has 1 muffler instead of 2 now. Almost forgot. The XRT was faster in S1 times right? it had 6 gears then.
It's a 4 cylinder car, having twin exhausts is a load of extra weight with no performance gain.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :That chicane was just nice. It had more space and there was even a tree in that barrier

BTW : LFS 0.3E was the first LFS that I played
I still dont understand why the turbo has 1 muffler instead of 2 now. Almost forgot. The XRT was faster in S1 times right? it had 6 gears then.

The car itself was faster at the time, not much but a little. But it was also harder to drive in S1, so today people are driving avarage much faster than in S1.
The scenery in the old track is much more realistic looking, it fits the track layout unlike in the new BL GP which has always turned me off. The track layout is like it's made in the 70's, long straight, smooth corners and so on but the scenery looks like any modern GP track venue. Conflicting. Despite being graphically most detailed, from all of the tracks in LFS it still feels the most fictional track. It's like it's been taken from some SEGA Daytona arcade* game, with those odd midget-skycrapers in the horizon when the track is clearly built in the middle of nothing.

* arcade = you know those coin operated machines...
Quote from deggis :The scenery in the old track is much more realistic looking, it fits the track layout unlike in the new BL GP which has always turned me off. The track layout is like it's made in the 70's, long straight, smooth corners and so on but the scenery looks like any modern GP track venue. Conflicting. Despite being graphically most detailed, from all of the tracks in LFS it still feels the most fictional track. It's like it's been taken from some SEGA Daytona arcade* game, with those odd midget-skycrapers in the horizon when the track is clearly built in the middle of nothing.

* arcade = you know those coin operated machines...

I remember that nascar game your talking about, used a lot of money on those when I was a kid

But agree with you what your saying about BL track.
I really enjoyed S1 days

Cool. I must drive it a bit.
Hahaha, LFS looked so cute in old days. (what doesnt mean bad) =)
Yes, thats a good thing, and as people mentioned before - it had personality. Of course it had some silly spots, and had that bump everyone talks about but I don`t know of, but in the end it was a great track, and personaly I would love to see that chicane back.
it looks much moore realistic than the new one^^ the fences, pits, forest... all looks like a completely different track! G-R-E-A-T
I did try early S1 versions but i did not play it enough to miss the old blackwood i guess. I played it a few times and a few years later (the S2 U or V patch ) i rediscovered LFS and bought S2
You're all mad! I remember when they first released the screenshots of the new blackwood - I almost cried with excitement! - The new version is so much nicer.

S1 tracks (old blackwood)
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG