The online racing simulator
S1 tracks (old blackwood)
(46 posts, started )
#1 - BURN
heya,

i hope its not been suggested.

I really would love to see a version of the blackwood track from S1.

It looks so cool. kind of pure, like a private track i would build if i had the space for it

it can be called

Blackwood `70 or something

pls Eric! go for it
Attached images
lfs s1 Kopie.jpg
lfss1.jpg
LFS S1.jpg
Quote from BURN :heya,

i hope its not been suggested.

I really would love to see a version of the blackwood track from S1.

It looks so cool. kind of pure, like a private track i would build if i had the space for it

it can be called

Blackwood `70 or something

pls Eric! go for it

thats realy cool to bad i wasnt into lfs in s1 days
I belive it have been suggested before, but I`m too lazy myself to search for it

But back topic, +100 from me. I love the old Blackwood track, with all the trees and such. Of course the new one maybe is better, but I liked the old one because it has some personality, and as you said, it looked like it was a private track.
I hope they can do that, a Blackwood new/old switch hehe
As much as I liked the original blackwood, there were a few problems, in particular the "bump" in the middle of the straight. I know that it was part of the track's character, but that really drove me bonkers But you're right, it would be cool to see it included, sort of
lol, i remember those, seems like all of that global warming and pollution has destroyed all of those lovely green treees!!!
Quote from harjun :lol, i remember those, seems like all of that global warming and pollution has destroyed all of those lovely green treees!!!

Noooooo

Anyway - more bumps on tracks - yes please! It`s to darn smooth in LFS, normal tracks have way much more bumps.
I love the old S1 track, great fun!

I love the little concrete hill (pic 1), great fun for messing about with :P
Absolutely nice track, totally agree it looks like a private circuit comparing it to current version of Blackwood. Same as said before, pretty bad I missed S1 days to enjoy that quiet track

Vote +1
yeah it was cool in the s1 days, coz u didnt have much place to drive and such but now its a bit too wide
Quote from the_angry_angel :As much as I liked the original blackwood, there were a few problems, in particular the "bump" in the middle of the straight. I know that it was part of the track's character, but that really drove me bonkers But you're right, it would be cool to see it included, sort of

it cant be that hard to fix a single bump ... im very surprised its been there for 2-3 years

on topic:
+1 the old tracks had a lot more charm ... even if its a bit silly to drive a f1 car with trees hanging above the track it feels so much more at home
tbh the s2 makeovers look a bit sterile
#11 - BURN

nice to see some feel the same. makes me hoping it will be heard by the masters

the Bump could truly be a problem for OW-cars. But that shouldnt be a reason to not build it again... i hope.

Since im pretty sure that its not been suggested (cause i did a lil search ) i hope and press all my 4 thumbs that it will be one of the surprising "news" for S2 Final
if not maybe a new Track in this "look" called LFS "Test Area" :P is planned... oh well i just keep thinkin about and spinnin my Mind

thx guys for the comments

cya on Track

sry for my English
I like to see that, too The Surface qualtity is extremly high :-/
The detail and especially the pits arent great at all, but those overhead trees are badass. Itd be nice to have an option with that autumn look. The current blackwood is boring.

I freaking love fern bay becaus not only is it (IMO) the best and most fun layout, its also got some great scenery, and isnt all gray and boring.
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :The detail and especially the pits arent great at all, but those overhead trees are badass. Itd be nice to have an option with that autumn look. The current blackwood is boring.

I freaking love fern bay becaus not only is it (IMO) the best and most fun layout, its also got some great scenery, and isnt all gray and boring.

Agree with you, Fern Bay has personality compared to the other ones, thats why I like it.
I'm sure I remember those overhead trees from way back, but I can't for the life of me remember the rest of the track. I demand a YouTube tour!
Strange that they cut down on the scenery as it got newer rather than adding more. I'm sure they had their reasons.
Get off your retro trip people, the track was rubbish. Yes, rubbish.
Oh shut up you
I love it, it was the best track ever for LFS, now BL is just...borring compared to the old one
Quote from The Very End :Oh shut up you
I love it, it was the best track ever for LFS, now BL is just...borring compared to the old one

What was it that you loved? The fact that for a fast time, you drove 100 feet out in the grass away from the track through the cones after the straight? Perhaps because you had to drive completely off the track through the exit corner of the chicane? It was ridiculous how the track drove. No one actually drove on the track at all unless moving from right to left or vice versa.
Quote from mrodgers :What was it that you loved? The fact that for a fast time, you drove 100 feet out in the grass away from the track through the cones after the straight? Perhaps because you had to drive completely off the track through the exit corner of the chicane? It was ridiculous how the track drove. No one actually drove on the track at all unless moving from right to left or vice versa.

Yep, it was silly in a lot of ways. They certainly went beyond just fixing those problems, though.

I did prefer the original middle sector, primarily the tighter and cambered right hander following the long straight. It really seemed to pop you out the other side, and it was better for overtaking too.
T'would be nice if it made a surprise comeback, but I'm not really all that bothered.
+1 for a surprising blackwood classic track.
I gotta say I do miss the wall to the inside of the chicane. Although maybe not realistic, it was a nice touch, along with the tree within the barriers. I also liked the old right-handed after the straight and the trees hanging over the track better than the new version.

The new pits, though, are much much better, along with many of the other changes.
How is this an improvement suggestion? I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather have an all-new track, not bring back an old track. If you wanna play it, just download S1 and play.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :How is this an improvement suggestion? I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather have an all-new track, not bring back an old track. If you wanna play it, just download S1 and play.

i think they want the new blackwood too, soo they need two versions of blackwood in s2, the old, and the new, and i think it isn't a bad idea!

(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG