The online racing simulator
Need for Speed Pro Street XBOX DEMO OUT!
(135 posts, started )
lol i'm just gonna DL it the 9th of november (for europeans), cause im not so enthousiastic about it ill just wait till next friday
im gonna buy it woo
I simply can't believe it when I see folks posting that it was pretty good and they are buying it. I haven't run a NFS title since Porsche Unleashed, and this new NFS was quite possibly the worst driving game I had ever tried.

Where was the force feedback? All I got was the wheel shaking back and forth. What the heck is that? I've never felt the wheel of a car shaking like that. And if there are absolutely no physics to drive a car in a straight speed run like this demo, I can't imagine what it would be like driving it around a corner!

And where is the damage? I crashed into many poles because you couldn't tell if you were actually driving or not, and all it did was go to a movie render of a crash. That's not damage effects, that's movie rendering.....

My judgement...... Pole Position of the 80's was better than this garbage. I'm sad I lost all that time in my life with the 5 or more minutes of it loading just for that garbage that I just tried.
yeah the demo was pretty horrible.. at least the music is decent and the graphics are okay . maybe someone can bring those car models over to rfactor. also w/ all the setting @ low + 1280x1024 res, 4xaa 8xaf... the framerate isnt too good on my pc.
This game sucks.

1)The damage sucks- there's no frame damage, only silly plastic parts falling off.
2)The controls are impossibly easy- even on the "Street King" difficulty setting, it's so hard to get the car out of control.
3)The physics suck- flooring it in a 500+HP car should send it sliding at low speeds.

NFSU series was better IMO.
Quote from luftrofl :This game sucks.

Quite true....

Quote :2)The controls are impossibly easy- even on the "Street King" difficulty setting, it's so hard to get the car out of control.

I found quite the opposite. I used my wheel, and with the 10 second delay in steering, I couldn't keep it straight on the road at all. Absolutely no feel either due to nearly no force feedback other than screwy extremely over done rumble effects.

The only thing in demo was a straight high speed road and I couldn't keep it on the road for more than about 10 feet with the steering delay. I couldn't imagine trying to run a proper racing circuit with corners with this garbage software.
well, it's not that bad at all. Not that great too. 5/10
Quote from mrodgers :Quite true....

I found quite the opposite. I used my wheel, and with the 10 second delay in steering, I couldn't keep it straight on the road at all. Absolutely no feel either due to nearly no force feedback other than screwy extremely over done rumble effects.

The only thing in demo was a straight high speed road and I couldn't keep it on the road for more than about 10 feet with the steering delay. I couldn't imagine trying to run a proper racing circuit with corners with this garbage software.

You have to be very... "forceful" with the wheel to get the car to turn. Once I realized this it became all too easy to keep the car on track.

I'd like to try this game on a different track before I make my final judgement but for now it looks like a bad game.
uhm, you've got 2 tracks in the demo. that highspeed thing and a race track, not sure how they're called anymore. if your in the entry screen you can switch from one challenge to another.

it's an arcade game, ff is crap, the cars are far to easy to control but what did you expect from nfs? after all its not to bad because you can finally have some normal racing again not that illegal streetrace stuff. i wont buy it but for me it's by far the best nfs since at least 4 years.
Quote from troy :uhm, you've got 2 tracks in the demo. that highspeed thing and a race track, not sure how they're called anymore. if your in the entry screen you can switch from one challenge to another.

it's an arcade game, ff is crap, the cars are far to easy to control but what did you expect from nfs? after all its not to bad because you can finally have some normal racing again not that illegal streetrace stuff. i wont buy it but for me it's by far the best nfs since at least 4 years.

Haha! I just found that out. There's no such thing as understeer in this game- just turn the wheel as much as you please

IMO the illegal street racing was at least somewhat interesting. Other cars on the road made it a challenge. This type of "normal" racing is too easy.
Those of you who have unresponsive steering or weird FF, do you have multiple controllers connected? I think all the recent NFS have difficulties taking your wheel as a "wheel type" controller (i.e. no damping/filtering, proper feedback) if you have more than one controller connected. The game then defaults to processing your input like it came from a gamepad - not good.

When I played the response was quite linear and immediate. Also I could get a force drop-off if I steered too much and understeered.

mrodgers:
Please don't complain there's no damage if you have it turned off.
Quote from yoyoML :Those of you who have unresponsive steering or weird FF, do you have multiple controllers connected?

Nope, only my MOMO connected.

Quote :Please don't complain there's no damage if you have it turned off.

I saw the damage option in my navigating the ridiculous "console" menu system and turned it on. I crashed my car into a pole, and it switched from the gameplay to a movie render. That isn't damage modeling, that's movie rendering.

I was looking for another track. The menus are so ridiculous beings it was made for the console and viewing on a TV using a gamepad. I didn't see anywhere that you could select a different track. I did see something I thought was track selection, but couldn't select it.
Quote from mrodgers :
I saw the damage option in my navigating the ridiculous "console" menu system and turned it on. I crashed my car into a pole, and it switched from the gameplay to a movie render. That isn't damage modeling, that's movie rendering.

I was looking for another track. The menus are so ridiculous beings it was made for the console and viewing on a TV using a gamepad. I didn't see anywhere that you could select a different track. I did see something I thought was track selection, but couldn't select it.

I've lost ideas about your wheel situation... Honestly it works pretty much out of the box on my G25, even with the H-shifter and clutch properly assigned.

And then you crashed way too badly all at once. Try crashing into something less severely and you'll see damage. You sometimes see other cars wreck, too.

Did you try pressing "right" on the main menu? Or clicking on some words on the right side? I agree it's probably not the best interface for the mouse, but using up/down/left/right/enter/esc can't be that difficult IMO.
Bah, downloaded until 98% and it stopped. Then i had a swim meet and couldn't try it. I think i'm going to try and download again and play it with my joystick.

edit: omg it was terrible! The physics suck. I took the entire grip race all out. It brakes for you. Even Carbon was better!
Quote from mrodgers :Nope, only my MOMO connected.

If you hit enough cars without wrecking then you see the damage effects. Anyway if it was a movie render it would surely look better and be the same clip almost every time, I thought it just went to slow motion and filmed from a different camera so you could see the crash.
Quote from Rappa Z :
Even Carbon was better!

No, Carbon was not better. Period. Pro Street ranks in Top 3 for sure, I place it in 1st place.
It doesnt really work for me...When it loads it loads halfway thru the movie then it goes to my desktop and wants to send an error report...

Im thinking its my video card...But I think I have all the other required parts..

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.06GHz
446MB RAM
ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series
Quote from scoobyrbac :It doesnt really work for me...When it loads it loads halfway thru the movie then it goes to my desktop and wants to send an error report...

Im thinking its my video card...But I think I have all the other required parts..

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.06GHz
446MB RAM
ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series

your ram and gfx card.
I do have the specified ram, 446 is always rounded to the closest number, and I figured it was my grafix card..
Quote from scoobyrbac :I do have the specified ram, 446 is always rounded to the closest number, and I figured it was my grafix card..

Well, Loading times can take ages with a 512
Quote from LFSn00b :I really hope it is coming for PS2. I cant afford any upgrades for my computer, cant afford PS3...

Yes it is coming for PS2.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :although the PS2 will be more crappy.

Yep, there won't be a damage model and i suppose that the new smoke-particle stuff won't be there either.
Quote from Fabri91 :Yep, there won't be a damage model and i suppose that the new smoke-particle stuff won't be there either.

So basicly its gonna be a re-released Need for Speed Underground on the PS2 eh? :P
Quote from GruntOfAction :So basicly its gonna be a re-released Need for Speed Underground on the PS2 eh? :P

But with more racing I guess

and the with more "sim" gameplay.

Need for Speed Pro Street XBOX DEMO OUT!
(135 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG