The online racing simulator
HomeMade Wheel
(32 posts, started )
Here's a final picture of my "cockpit."
From left to right:
HomeMade Zen Garden , Blue Glowy thing is 3DCONNEXION Space Navigator, then my 8lb weight to hold my homemade wheel down(Acer Mouse used). Then G15 Keyboard, X-530 speakers, G5 Mouse, Acer 19" Wide monitor, below are my Acer keyboard pedals, then my Computer on the right, with my Logitech headset bottom right.
Simple as that!
-LoganC-
Attached images
PA050002.JPG
PA050003.JPG
That is just way too funny to see all that expensive PC equipment, then a wheel controller made from a mouse and cardboard, LOL.

Well done
hey i made a wheel 2 same thing i copied ur idea heheh thx but my wheels fastest is like 1500 degrees so its very hard to drift or even turn lol i put metal pedals over the k board buttons and springs and mine isnt invert axis it turns right when i turn the wheel right also i used pipes not cardboard u no heating pipes used in houses and thats it!!
And the prize for the 'best achievement thread' of 2007 goes to...
Mate i dont know what everyone else thinks but you are a legend...! You also need a handbrake ...! lol

John
Absoulte pure genius lol Love it,, might actualy try the keyboard pedals one day lol brilliant!
Atleast amount of duct tape is just about right.

About the shifter, you could just make the "H" part from wood plank and put small switches to each gearslot for each gear. So that you push the lever in, it touches the button. Your way of doing this would be tearing some old joystick apart and applying the duct tape

Edit: Ohh.. didn't consider that that would mean gear is on even when you return the lever to middle position. Hmm, I guess you could bend a thin piece of a flat steelspring atthe "entry" to each gearslot. I suppose your gearlever is made of steel so you can use that as it is and have that system work as a button for neutral gear. It basically acts as a switch; gearlever touches the metal = circuit closes

HomeMade Wheel
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG