The online racing simulator
My little "session"
(73 posts, started )
My little "session"
Had some fun, found a little guide, followed it, great guide, still don't know how to disable speedstep, it's on disable in the bios, but, its still showing 1.8Ghz sometimes...55c under load, does Super pi in 17 seconds, on stock cooler
Attached images
overclockjpeg.JPG
Nice overclock, temperatures arn't too bad either. What settings do you have your RAM at? I can't remember if you can change the multi on those chips, but if you can, droping it would be useful, that way you can get better memory bandwidth and still get a high clock (333x9, or 375x8, maybe even 430x7)
~Bryan~
LOL @ the Vista Ultimate torrent file!
Quote from dropin_biking :Nice overclock, temperatures arn't too bad either. What settings do you have your RAM at? I can't remember if you can change the multi on those chips, but if you can, droping it would be useful, that way you can get better memory bandwidth and still get a high clock (333x9, or 375x8, maybe even 430x7)
~Bryan~
LOL @ the Vista Ultimate torrent file!

2.2v for RAM, wasn't stable until i upped it to that, North Bridge at 1.4v, south bridge at 1.05v, cpu at 1.4volts, RAM at 900Mhz, 300X10 for the CPU, proper stable, did Pi in 17 seconds, it did it in 29 seconds at 2Ghz
lol. can any P5K owners tell me how to disable speedstep? because i've actually disabled it, but its still runs at 1.9 sometimes
Could be thermal throttling? Is speedfan setup for the right T-Junction? Sometimes they get a 15degree off set with certain chips. Just get a couple different readings just to make sure speedfan is configured correctly, nothing worse then not knowing a processor is cooking.
~Bryan~
#7 - Jakg
Intel TAT is a better way of measuring temps (although i've found SpeedFan 4.34 Beta 33 gives almost the same readings).

You could do with running that for a LOT longer.

Whats the memory looking like?

Nice overclock if it's stable, though!

EDIT - Theres a "CPU features" menu from what i remember with C1E, SpeedStep and Virtualisation, all of which you should disable when overclocking.

The Hexus P5K overclocking guide is a good read for board-specific settings
Quote from Jakg :Intel TAT is a better way of measuring temps (although i've found SpeedFan 4.34 Beta 33 gives almost the same readings).

You could do with running that for a LOT longer.

Whats the memory looking like?

Nice overclock if it's stable, though!

EDIT - Theres a "CPU features" menu from what i remember with C1E, SpeedStep and Virtualisation, all of which you should disable when overclocking.

The Hexus P5K overclocking guide is a good read for board-specific settings

thanks YOU!

memory at 450Mhz on cpu-z frequency i thought you only mean to run it at 1:1, or at about 333 oh well, all stable!
ok, speedsteps off, now on 3.2Ghz lol all stable though, super pi in 15.5 seconds, if i go water cooling, got £200 cash from hard work, washing cars and stuff, do you think i could get some ultra watercooling, or even ultra air cooling, and whack it up to 4Ghz? by the way, for your information, i went straight up to 3Ghz lol
Quote from harjun :ok, speedsteps off, now on 3.2Ghz lol all stable though, super pi in 15.5 seconds, if i go water cooling, got £200 cash from hard work, washing cars and stuff, do you think i could get some ultra watercooling, or even ultra air cooling, and whack it up to 4Ghz? by the way, for your information, i went straight up to 3Ghz lol

4Ghz!?! Harjun have you ever heard of the phrase 'quit while your ahead'? because if you haven't i'd learn about it now if i was you.
#11 - Jakg
E2180's have FSB walls, i don't think you'll get 3.4 GHz+ stably on air (or water, for that matter).

@ Phil - if you've ever got into overclocking, "quit while your ahead" doesn't apply.
What happened to the whole I'm not going to overclock it this time? Of course you should be alright because you still reckon you've overclocked 9 times in the past, I'd of thought 1.5 times is more than enough and why don't you just stop like others have said, it's hardly as if you need a faster computer. If you've got a spare £200 why didn't you buy a better processor in the first place?
Why spend more? He didn't need to. His cheap Core 2 runs a happy 3ghz+ Overclocking is all about saving money...
~Bryan~
Quote from ajp71 :What happened to the whole I'm not going to overclock it this time? Of course you should be alright because you still reckon you've overclocked 9 times in the past, I'd of thought 1.5 times is more than enough and why don't you just stop like others have said, it's hardly as if you need a faster computer. If you've got a spare £200 why didn't you buy a better processor in the first place?

yeh, get out of my thread, i don't want you here
LFS at 3.2 Ghz lol can't wait till i get 4Ghz maybe with watercooling, or 3.4 on stock

from 30fps on laptop, to 230 on pc, lol its sooo fun : i'm gonna get no sleep in bed tonight
the 22" screens annoying, theres a dam fly flying around on it!
Attached images
3.2ghzlfs.JPG
full grid, 16AA and 16 AF +Q 170fps
Attached images
fullgrid.JPG
Try that at the BACK of the grid...
~Bryan~
Quote from Jakg :
@ Phil - if you've ever got into overclocking, "quit while your ahead" doesn't apply.

lol fair enough
Quote from dropin_biking :Why spend more? He didn't need to. His cheap Core 2 runs a happy 3ghz+ Overclocking is all about saving money...
~Bryan~

He was talking about spending (and hinting at a lot of) money on water cooling to get it to overclock further.

Quote from harjun :full grid, 16AA and 16 AF +Q 170fps

Blimey do you see my point though about not needing to go any further with the overclock seeing as clearly processing power isn't an issue? If you did that with the full grid in view I'd suspect you'd get a somewhat lower framerate
I'm still waiting...

BOOM!

Quote from Takumi_lfs :I'm still waiting...

BOOM!

You can't really fry anything on or very close to stock voltages. So unless Harjun has a mad-voltage spree then I think we're okay.

Don't take that comment litterally, i did mean you can't fry something if you know what your doing. Don't expect to have 12Ghz on stock voltage and not kill your CPU.
come on! we are talking about Harjun!

I think that his pc will only be a there for a week.

who wanna place bet's?
I got $50..
Quote from mcintyrej :
Don't take that comment litterally, i did mean you can't fry something if you know what your doing. Don't expect to have 12Ghz on stock voltage and not kill your CPU.

Quote from Harjun :
wicked...you can do 12Ghz aswell?????????? coool , i think ill try 7, i dont want to set the house on fire

:doh:
wahahaha....you guys should shutup and quit giving him ideas haha.

how many computers you go thru in a year?

My little "session"
(73 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG