The online racing simulator
My little "session"
(73 posts, started )
mcintyrej voted to kick Takumi_lfs (1/8)

No, really. If I were you i'd just quietly leave and everyone would probably forget about you.

How can you make asumptions about how long your CPU would last if you overclocked it? Have you tried? Do you actually know anything about overclocking? I'm a bit of a noob myself, but I can still get a CPU a decent overclock and to run stable.

Most times you either learn through experience or hard research, looks like you havn't tried either.
Quote from mcintyrej :mcintyrej voted to kick Takumi_lfs (1/8)

No, really. If I were you i'd just quietly leave and everyone would probably forget about you.

How can you make asumptions about how long your CPU would last if you overclocked it? Have you tried? Do you actually know anything about overclocking? I'm a bit of a noob myself, but I can still get a CPU a decent overclock and to run stable.

Most times you either learn through experience or hard research, looks like you havn't tried either.

harjun voted to kick Takumi_lfs (2/8)

What a noob, he just takes things too far about me blowing my computer up lol...its bloody stable, and who cares if it lasts 3 years, in 3 years it will be time to upgrade anyway...noob!.
Quote from harjun :what? 3.2Ghz on a stock cooler, now tell me, how many people get that, people say if you're over 2.6Ghz on stock cooler thats good, im on 3Ghz now....owned what? if someone got owned, it is you

Jesus, overclocking is hardly something to get all proud about. Those processor's are so damn easy to overclock. 3 Ghz with that chip is no problem at all. I have an E2140 at home (1.6 Ghz stock) which I had heard was a good buy because it was so cheap, and could be overclocked very well.

So I looked into overclocking on the net first (so I wouldn't break it), to see what all the fuss was about. What is all the fuss about?? Why is overclocking such an incredible feat?? It took me 30 seconds to change 2 values in the bios, and viola, I now have it running at 2.1 Ghz (I didn't go higher, purely because I had no need to whatsoever. Why go higher??).

Did that make me feel proud? NO Would that be something I would boast about in a pub? Hell NO. Then why did I do it? To make LFS playable.

Go out and find something useful to do.
meh. i know that i was going to far.

end of discussion?

U guys all hate me now?

+1 DaveWS. I agree on that. Overclocking has no pont at all.. Only if you need it. But your pc and handle all games without overclock.
theres no such thing as the limit...you've reached the limit when you do a superpi score in 0 seconds, otherwise, you'd just be wanting to beat 8seconds, mine does 17...long way to go....such as watercooling, maybe even buy a new chip, like the QX9850, or something...
Quote from harjun :theres no such thing as the limit...

Quote from harjun :you've reached the limit when...

There is such a thing as a limit, obviously. In this case it would be the fastest time a certain setup can do that superpi thing.....you even said it yourself.

That full grid FPS is good, when I watched a replay of a Challenge Cup race from the TV camera, 26 cars at Westhill Rev the FPS dropped to 19 I think at the start. That was with everything set as high as it can go, well 4AA and 8AF, don't see and difference with higher settings.
Quote from harjun :theres no such thing as the limit...you've reached the limit when you do a superpi score in 0 seconds, otherwise, you'd just be wanting to beat 8seconds, mine does 17...long way to go....such as watercooling, maybe even buy a new chip, like the QX9850, or something...

Stop. Read my post above. You've had your fun, get over it.

I vote for thread closure again, and a temp ban of opening threads for harjun.
lol, why...its people like YOU who ruin my threads.
Quote from harjun :lol, why...its people like YOU who ruin my threads.

you should change your avatar to "Harjun - worldwide trolling".
my 6600 is running 3ghz oc and idles at 23c max load never goes over 32c, if i saw 50c i would panic
lol! no, i just typed Harjun in google images, came up with that, pretty cool!
#62 - Jakg
Quote from andybarsblade :my 6600 is running 3ghz oc and idles at 23c max load never goes over 32c, if i saw 50c i would panic

What are you using to measure the temps? I'm guessing whatever your using is wrong, as the odds that you load at 32° is low, thats a very good temperature even for water cooling.
Quote from Jakg :What are you using to measure the temps? I'm guessing whatever your using is wrong, as the odds that you load at 32° is low, thats a very good temperature even for water cooling.

was wondering that too, my load temps at 3ghz are around 55
everest and n tune
#65 - Jakg
...neither are that accurate.

Try Intel TAT, as it's the most accurate.

I'll be seriously impressed if you load at 32° though.
Quote from Jakg :...neither are that accurate.

Try Intel TAT, as it's the most accurate.

I'll be seriously impressed if you load at 32° though.

ok i'll try it
I bet its the tricky 15degree offset bug. (38 idle sounds better, and so does 47 load)
~Bryan~
hes probably looking at his IQ LOL!

joking
does that program have vista problems?
Quote from harjun :hes probably looking at his IQ LOL!

joking

you still using super glue instead of thermal paste brainiac??
No dude, just bad ventalation when he was making his model planes
~Bryan~ (Kidding, of course, glue = bad!)
Quote from andybarsblade :you still using super glue instead of thermal paste brainiac??

in vista, try run the programme as adminastrator, right click, run as admin.
Quote from harjun :in vista, try run the programme as adminastrator, right click, run as admin.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz dont you think i tried that. im not some 13yo kid

My little "session"
(73 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG