The online racing simulator
Quote from spiderbait90 :Torro Rosso use ferrari engines i think.

But its definately ferrari or renault. That is for sure.

STR - Ferrari engines, RBR chassis with different engine mountings for the Ferrari unit.
RBR - Renault engines, RBR chassis.
The Red Bull are probably set up for full dry conditions and wont have any chance in the rain tomorrow.
i hope it won't be rain again, it's pretty chaotic when it's wet.

btw. That lap by Hamilton was 'perfect' and he really deserves to be world champion
Quote from N I K I :i hope it won't be rain again, it's pretty chaotic when it's wet.

I thought that was the whole point.

As long as its not too wet (Safety Car) then it can be a great race.
Quote from spiderbait90 :Torro Rosso use ferrari engines i think.

But its definately ferrari or renault. That is for sure.

the question was tongue in cheek as if hamilton had been docked 10 grid positions or lost his points then kimi would have benefitted
Meh. Normally i would come out with some excuse for not realising, but i cant be bothered today.
#32 - J.B.
Hamilton is either ultra light or just completely pwned the opposition. Alonso is whining again ("championship was decided off track") and race is 90% rain probability. Which doesn't mean it will be exiting as we saw last week where rain didn't help anyone to keep up with Lewis.

And I liked the live tyre temperature thingy where you could see how the temps vary with tyre force. In LFS the temps are much less dynamic. I wonder if Scawen has any good data on that?
Well in the last race Hamilton got pole with a lot more fuel, but it was really wet so who knows what fuel he has now. I've seen the video of Hamilton slowing behind the safety car, to me it looks like he got too close to the SC and wanted to give it some distance so he would warm his tyres. It was really the fault of the conditions and poor visability, although Hamiltons stopping moves were a bit dodgy, I don't think they broke the rules.
Quote from N I K I :i hope it won't be rain again, it's pretty chaotic when it's wet.

Are you serious?

The most entertaining races happened under wet or changing conditions. I don't care if it's chaotic tbh.

And I think last week's race was very exciting. Not at the very front, but there was happening a lot behind that. Certainly more than in a "normal" dry race.
I want SNOW
Quote from J.B. :
And I liked the live tyre temperature thingy where you could see how the temps vary with tyre force. In LFS the temps are much less dynamic. I wonder if Scawen has any good data on that?

Pitty we have no idea what the scale was.

My guess would be either 10 to 20 degrees each way.

Edit@Orion

Lol, i think health and safety would have something to say about that
Quote from J.B. :Hamilton is either ultra light or just completely pwned the opposition. Alonso is whining again ("championship was decided off track") and race is 90% rain probability. Which doesn't mean it will be exiting as we saw last week where rain didn't help anyone to keep up with Lewis.

Kimi was pretty quick in the wet too

I missed the tyre temp thing - I was on the stairs at the time. My Dad told me about it. Sounds interesting...

You know about the alternative tyre temp display by holding ctrl-shift, don't you? Shows surface temps, which are a lot more dynamic.
#38 - JCTK
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Well in the last race Hamilton got pole with a lot more fuel, but it was really wet so who knows what fuel he has now. I've seen the video of Hamilton slowing behind the safety car, to me it looks like he got too close to the SC and wanted to give it some distance so he would warm his tyres. It was really the fault of the conditions and poor visability, although Hamiltons stopping moves were a bit dodgy, I don't think they broke the rules.

Hamilton first flying lap in Q3 wasn't anything special too, as is the case in Japan last week.

But he somehow managed to find that extra few tenths during his final flying lap yet again, don't know if it's down to fuel this time, or pure brilliant driving yet again, or most likely, a bit of both~

meanwhile, Alonso has been complaining quite a lot saying that the team must had made his car slower~
perhaps Pat Symonds was really right when he said Alonso can't face the fact that he has been beaten~
***Alonso Suggests Hamilton Favoritism Again***
http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/h ... detail/071006160356.shtml
Alonso is very suspicious how his car was suddenly .6 seconds slower than Hamilton in the Q3 qualifying session.

He mentions that in 100's of laps he hasn't been .6 off LH pace, so perhaps McLaren sabatoged his qualifying effort.

When asked directly if he believes Mclaren showed favoritism, he bluntly said "no".

No word if the Stewards are going to investigate, but if so it could be serious serious trouble for Mclaren, who has previously been warned not to show any favoritism to one driver over another.
Imagine James Allen tommorow if Hamilton wins the championship.

THAT is something i dont want to hear.
#42 - DeKo
Quote from srdsprinter :http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/h ... detail/071006160356.shtml
Alonso is very suspicious how his car was suddenly .6 seconds slower than Hamilton in the Q3 qualifying session.

He mentions that in 100's of laps he hasn't been .6 off LH pace, so perhaps McLaren sabatoged his qualifying effort.

When asked directly if he believes Mclaren showed favoritism, he bluntly said "no".

No word if the Stewards are going to investigate, but if so it could be serious serious trouble for Mclaren, who has previously been warned not to show any favoritism to one driver over another.

Seriously? Ive always known mclaren to be the team least likely to show favouritism.
Well, the current qualifying is bollocks anyway, don't like it because we don't know who was actually any fast. Only who where slow enough to drop out of Q3. Button was a bit of a surprise again being in top 10!

The tyre temp thingy was interesting, but they didn't really show it long enough to make any conclusions about heat cycles though. But any idea how it's made?
Quote from srdsprinter :http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/h ... detail/071006160356.shtml

Meh, that's rubbish! It's starting to get ridiculous now and more about what happens off track than on.

Hope the rumours and gossip bs take a step down for next year and things get more about the on track racing

......and that James Allen’s contract isn't renewed!
He's even claimed he doesn't know when his pitstops are, hasn't he? How can a driver not know that?

Man, I hate Alonso. Such a whining noob.
<<Steve>> Votes to Ban F.Alonso (WhiningNoob) [1/3] (Press 1)

Next thing alonso will not know how to drive his car.

He cant face the fact that to win the championship he HAS to finish the race.
If he doesnt finish 1st, or Hamilton is only 1 place behind him (if FA is 2nd or lower), Hamilton has won.
He knows he *cant* win, so he is throwing a big woosy tantrum.
Alonso is just so annoyed and out of focus when he needs it, like this Q3 or that race in Canada when he went out 3 times at T1...

And we can have good race without rain, let's say Canada 2007

But really it's bit to chaotic when it rains and i most of the race i dont know what place is who and some ppl like S.Vettel comes on front and they shouldn't be there, they just have luck that others got problems...

It will be great race between 1st drivers: L.Hamilton and K.Raikkonen and 2nd drivers F.Massa vs. F.Alonso
#48 - DeKo
<being a fanny, ignore>
It's obviously not easy to be focused when:

1. You're 12(?) points behind when there's only two races left
2. When the team only wants LH to win.
3. Being accused of things he didn't start

*Puts flame suit on*

1. He shouldn't have spun at Fuji
2. They don't, and Ron is very clear on that. Hamilton's personal crew probably do, just like Alonso's personal crew want him to win.
3. What about being accused of fanning the flames of everything?

*throws away flame thrower, and gets industrial crusher*

**Spoilers** F1 2007: Chinese Grand Prix 2007
(195 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG