The online racing simulator
Which LFS ers use XFIRE?
(40 posts, started )
Quote from mr_x :1. Running quite happily in the background using 4MB of RAM and 0% CPU, not alot at all really.
2. How many games properly support linux/mac?
3. I'll give you half of that, it doesn't crash, it just logs out randomly losing the server.
4. Much more stable in last release, never caused a game to crash while i've been using it.

1. depends very much on the system then, as Dajmin said it uses 12 mb for him.

2. thousands. - http://www.happypenguin.org/list?sort=title

3&4. its just what i had (and what i still hear from other ppl) whenever i used it.
I've had this for a while but i hardly ever actually have it on http://www.xfire.com/profile/theerocker/

(ignore the nooby ET stats i've just started trying to get back into it and remembered how bad i was at it )
People whine about Xfire alot, it's made for you to run in the background of a game.. If it lags out your computer, you need a new computer.. It's the same concept as Teamspeak, the way it runs in the background... I hate the way people whine, X-fire is a great way to keep your Gaming contacts, off of your MSN, but as you get to know some of your gaming buddies, they end up on your msn anyway..

And the only game X-fire has even given ME grief with, ironically, is LFS
Alot of the bad words about Xfire are myths, because people don't know what else to blame it on.. Xfire is always on my machine, I don't use it all of the time, but I use it alot. People see my Call of Duty 2 hours 1000+ and think im a geek... no i just use xfire whenever i play Cod2.. It's a simple concept.. It's interesting, alot of games are compatable with xfire, and if you look at your gaming hours, you can see which games you don't play, and determine one that you may want to sell..

sending and recieving inconsistency. It isn't SPYWARE, you don't need to install anything other than XFIRE, when you install XFIRE...
I use it too
name: art555

But, I have a weird problem lately...Whenever I open Xfire chat window ingame in LFS all inputs from my wheel are blocked, wheel goes to center and both gas and brake pedals are half pressed and the horn is engaged all the time the window is open (you know how dangerous it could be in a race, allthough I never type in a race). Reinstalled LFS,nothing....reinstalled Xfire nothing too...... Though it was a temporary bug,but last 3 updates of Xfire didn't change anything...
Can anyone help?
Never experienced that one myself, but it is possible that it's hijacking your controller inputs. They recently upgraded the in-game UI so that you can move and close windows using the mouse. So if Xfire is using the mouse input, that could mean nothing else can. Not sure why it'd affect the wheel the same way though.

Unless...you don't have your horn or something assigned to either the Scroll Lock or X keys, do you? Sometimes in Everquest I end up ducking when I open the Xfire UI (X = duck). If your horn was on X it could stay held down while the overlay was up.

Other than that all I can suggest is continuing to not try and type while racing
Xfire consumes less resources than MSN by a large margin, and offers more for the gamer than MSN does. Automatic game updates to name one, and they are accessable through most games, which cannot be said for MSN.
Art it's not a BUG, because nobody expects you to want to type, when your using your wheel

It's like trying to alt-tab and still drive.. X-fire just brings a window up, so YOU don't have to do it manually..
Quote from BlueFlame :Art it's not a BUG, because nobody expects you to want to type, when your using your wheel

It's like trying to alt-tab and still drive.. X-fire just brings a window up, so YOU don't have to do it manually..

But it WAS working properly....

Quote from Dajmin :
Unless...you don't have your horn or something assigned to either the Scroll Lock or X keys, do you?

Other than that all I can suggest is continuing to not try and type while racing

Nope, LFS buttons are assigned by default. Allthough I use Scroll Lock + Home as a combo to open Xfire windows. I guess you are right, it happend after Interface change, but its quite a weird one.

Yeah, I'm not typing in a race for a long time anymore ( had some hilarious trips into walls when tryed to which were a good lesson) Its just annoying as hell when its horning all the time.

Another Xfire question: How many times did Xfire spoil races for you with error message poping up and closing LFS?
Xfire for meeeee

xfire : ricerguy

very nice.
Quote from [RF]-art555 :Another Xfire question: How many times did Xfire spoil races for you with error message poping up and closing LFS?

Back when I was still using my old faulty HD, when I got the first Xfire message of the day it'd cause my entire system to hang for anywhere between 2 and 30 seconds. I never had it happen during a race in LFS, but it happened at some rather inconvenient times in other games.

But with my working HD now it doesn't even flicker. Of course I'd probably still disable it if I was in a tournament race or something.
im startinf to use it again
x fire: 1337sause
www.xfire.com/profiles/blueflame
don't laugh at my cod2 hours, please. I was under high demand in some pretty 'prO' teams, we all thought we were professionals, hense the 'prO'

Which LFS ers use XFIRE?
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG