The online racing simulator
Which LFS ers use XFIRE?
(40 posts, started )
Which LFS ers use XFIRE?
I do:

Xfire name: Bandare

www.xfire.com

great way to chat ingame and see where your team mates or friends are playing.

Also a good way for your team drivers to sign up to and see your Xfire team page for calender etc

http://www.xfire.com/clans/halfords/
yeh mines dronewolf all one word.
thunderheadone - my username.
I very rarely have xfire running.

Linkage.
mines projectSil80 one word
Looks interesting.
Reminds me of the "gamespy network".

I dont use anything like that, just lfs world and teamspeak for me, sometimes msn messenger, but I dont like using it oh and we have a little smapperbox over at our teamsite.

mind you I dont really get time to play anything else that often, except the odd racing demo that takes my fancy and a little AA (yes its free) when I dont feel like setting the wheel and chair up

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :Looks interesting.
Reminds me of the "gamespy network".

I dont use anything like that, just lfs world and teamspeak for me, sometimes msn messenger, but I dont like using it oh and we have a little smapperbox over at our teamsite.

mind you I dont really get time to play anything else that often, except the odd racing demo that takes my fancy and a little AA (yes its free) when I dont feel like setting the wheel and chair up

SD.

If you use IM and games at all Xfire is pretty key.
I was happy to see they support LFS when I bought S2...Its nice to have your IM's not minimize your game and even better that you can send/receive while playing.

The its nice to be able to just click a button and have it log into the same server as who ever you are trying to join as well.

Mine is VicktorVauhn
#10 - Jakg
I've got one (not that i've ever used it), but i fail to see what it does that nothing else does...?
what it also does:

uses a lot ram and cpu.
doesnt support linux/mac.
crashes randomly.
cause games/other apps to crash.

did i already say that i dont use/like it?
xfire crashes like crazy but when playing ET and such games , it has a server back log aswell as downloads and everything of that nature... kinda handy

rockyisanaab <<-- my xfire..
I use Xfire and have done for a couple of years now. Username: dajmin
My profile: http://www.xfire.com/profile/dajmin/

It's not that useful for LFS, but as Ben said in other games it tracks servers you've joined. It also let's you see and join the servers your friends are on if you want to.
Never had any problems with it crashing except in Everquest, but that was related to a Sony patch not Xfire. And I don't use the auto-download feature.

It has about a 12Mb footprint, so if (like Boosted) you consider that "a lot" of RAM you probably shouldn't be trying to play games anyway, and certainly not with any other apps running.

I originally installed it for the logging of how long you've played games, but I later found that it was really useful when my brother and I used to play Wolfie:ET, since we didn't have to pre-arrange which server we were joining, we'd just One-Click Join when one of us found a good one.

The chat feature is also useful if you want to say something to someone outside of the game. We often use it to bitch about people when we're playing the same game. But since the UI can overlay games, it means my brother can talk to me any time, whether we're playing the same game or not. And unlike using the MSN method, you don't need to set it up to beep every time you get a message - it just pops up a little window (which you can reposition and resize) on top of your game.

I like it a lot, never had a problem. Highly recommend it for people who have friends who like different games
Quote from Dajmin :It has about a 12Mb footprint

yeah? then it has improved...
last time i used it it used up almost 70 mb... (which is waaaaaaaay to much for such a application).
anyway, i know a lot of ppl that have problems with it, especially with an "old" (2-4 years) pc.
I don't see why this is off topic or moved here in the slightest when its directly related to LFS and I added it there as its use as an LFS ingame tool for chatting and communicating... who moved it?
Quote from Jakg :I've got one (not that i've ever used it), but i fail to see what it does that nothing else does...?

simple Jack. It allows people to talk to each other whether ingame or out of game. You see messages from people out of game. It's a really useful tool and has proved this to be true for our HR team.
Quote from StableX :I don't see why this is off topic or moved here in the slightest when its directly related to LFS and I added it there as its use as an LFS ingame tool for chatting and communicating... who moved it?

the staff here are having a bit of a clean up

SD.
seems the staff are taking alcohol or some substance. This thread is hardly off topic with its direct relation and discussion to LFS!!!!!!

Own up, which moderator is the 60's tripper?
This is NOT LFS related and is in the right section.

My name is Vipercar93
Quote from Viper93 :This is NOT LFS related and is in the right section.

My name is Vipercar93

its not related to LFS....... let me think a minute...
  • its trying to find out which LFS people use Xfire - LFS related - tick
  • its describing how Xfire can help LFS people communicate ingame - LFS related - tick
  • tries to show how it can be a good tool for LFS teams to have a Xfire team page giving useful info at a glance - LFS related - tick
it's certainly not OFF topic!!!!!!!
But it's NOT about LFS. It's about the community, which is why it's here, it has nothing to with the LFS application.
Quote from Viper93 :But it's NOT about LFS. It's about the community, which is why it's here, it has nothing to with the LFS application.

the description doesn't state it has to be directly related to the application....... it merely says LFS Main Forum. As the thread is related to LFS, as said above, it should be there in the 'general area'.
HECK YEAH! Dalek's back, and staying back! I have been busy making sprite comics[/off topic]
User Name: dalek0220
Not much of a change, apparently.
#25 - mr_x
Been using it since 2005(ish) and still a user now.

Username = nukezbomz

Quote from [RCG]Boosted :what it also does:

uses a lot ram and cpu.
doesnt support linux/mac.
crashes randomly.
cause games/other apps to crash.

did i already say that i dont use/like it?

1. Running quite happily in the background using 4MB of RAM and 0% CPU, not alot at all really.
2. How many games properly support linux/mac?
3. I'll give you half of that, it doesn't crash, it just logs out randomly losing the server.
4. Much more stable in last release, never caused a game to crash while i've been using it.

Which LFS ers use XFIRE?
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG