The online racing simulator
A Skin Upload Website!
(164 posts, started )
Zip files don't even compress jpeg files, because jpeg is already compressed! I just did a test and got 2% compression out of a jpeg file - not worth it!
Quote from NjHarwood :no larger than 400, bout 370 i think

very strange

Where i can find your Skin? I will check that

I´ve create a new logo. Maybe you like it. You are able to create better Logos, too!
The best logo wins

Quote from janwolf :Where i can find your Skin? I will check that

I´ve create a new logo. Maybe you like it. You are able to create better Logos, too!
The best logo wins

I'll give it a go.

I need more Feedback! Fell free
Quote from Gunn :Why do you feel that 2048 x 2048 is too big for your web page?

plenty of 2048 paintobs would exceed 500kb wich is the maximum for each file in the website isn't it?
#81 - Gunn
Quote from vf1-xj220 :plenty of 2048 paintobs would exceed 500kb wich is the maximum for each file in the website isn't it?

Sorry, I thought you were talking about your website. Personally I think 1024 x 1024 is not high res and a 500k limit prevents better quality skins form being uploaded.

Most of the well-known skinners are using 2048 x 2048 for their own skins and file sizes of high quality skins regularly top the 1MB mark. Bandwidth and storage considerations would need to be made to host the tens of thousands of very high quality skins that are already in existence (let alone the hundreds of thousands that will be made in the next few years), but I think we will continue to see a trend towards higher quality (and larger file size) skins.
When i try to search, i always get

SECURITY STOP! PLEASE TRY AGAIN

Whats up with that?
Quote from RacerAsh3 :When i try to search, i always get

SECURITY STOP! PLEASE TRY AGAIN

Whats up with that?

It is searching by id. For example you knew the id of a skin you can´t find you have to type the id in it and the skin will be displayed.
O right, a suggestion then How about search by name?

EDIT - The UF1 Crash cab ID is 22. So i search 22 and i still get that error :l
I am workin on it but for me it is a bit difficult because i built the script like an idi*t. I working on it. Maybe someone want to help:P I need a PHP/MySQL guy or girl
But maybe i get it by myself
I would help if i could, but i dont know anything, i mean NOTHING atall to do with php or whatever. Anyway, read the edit in my last post. Its strange.

Ty!
I´ve added String Search
More Feedback!
Much better! Easier to find the skins now. Nice work

played around with Photoshop. Youll get a PM with the *.psd file.
Thank you so much It is a nice Logo. I sent you a PM.
Especcially the FZR :P

In the last few days a lot of people uploaded new Skins. Especially Helga (I wasn´t able to contact you, please contact me. Would be nice ) and Perlla. Thank you!!

Feedback welcome!!
Anathema: nice logo although I think you should go a little easy with font colors. Maybe just color the Live for Speed logo and one color for the rest? The car shape looks very nice, maybe some shadow on the wheels?
When anybody had Problems to upload an FO8 Skin can do it now again. There was a big mistake! I used a zero instead of an O. I´m quiet stupid i think
Would be cool if everybody promote, upload and download for LFSDB
See you later!

I have to pass a music test tomorrow :-/
Feedback please
I´ve added a Tell A friend function and it works fine You are also able to get a copy of your Tell a friend, if selected.

At the moment the header of the website gone crazy. i ahve to check that.

The last thing:
I need a good webhoster... a cheap, but serouis one. Maybe anybody knows one or knows how i can get ones cheaper
whats with the spam on hte website? i can't get it to go away
and I'm trying to upload my XRG_volante skin now. not going good.

got this after uploading:

Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg() [function.imagecreatefromjpeg]: gd-jpeg, libjpeg: recoverable error: Corrupt JPEG data: premature end of data segment in /usr/export/www/hosting/lfsskinhq/data/php/Display.php on line 185

Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg() [function.imagecreatefromjpeg]: 'database/XRG/XRG_volante_preview.jpg' is not a valid JPEG file in /usr/export/www/hosting/lfsskinhq/data/php/Display.php on line 185

Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /usr/export/www/hosting/lfsskinhq/data/php/Display.php on line 187
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :whats with the spam on hte website? i can't get it to go away
and I'm trying to upload my XRG_volante skin now. not going good.

got this after uploading:

Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg() [function.imagecreatefromjpeg]: gd-jpeg, libjpeg: recoverable error: Corrupt JPEG data: premature end of data segment in /usr/export/www/hosting/lfsskinhq/data/php/Display.php on line 185

Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg() [function.imagecreatefromjpeg]: 'database/XRG/XRG_volante_preview.jpg' is not a valid JPEG file in /usr/export/www/hosting/lfsskinhq/data/php/Display.php on line 185

Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /usr/export/www/hosting/lfsskinhq/data/php/Display.php on line 187

could u sent me your preview jpg file?
If you need hosting i can give you for free for skins database. Just PM me.
Martinss was so nice and gives me some webspace and after some big errors i got it well.
The new link without Adds:
http://skins.lfscommunity.lv

Big Thanks for Martinss
We will see, if it works... when not mail me as soon as posible

We all have to decide if it is temporary. But well we´ll see - good chances for long hosting
404 errors in many skins.

A Skin Upload Website!
(164 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG