The online racing simulator
A Skin Upload Website!
(164 posts, started )
You need to save the new skins in the "skins" folder in LFS.
Then go to garage in-game, "new color" then chose the skin name and you got it
Remember to put it in the skin folder, not the skin_x or skin_y one.
How do i access the skins folder. Thanks for the help.

Very very thick noob
Quote from Constable1807 :How do i access the skins folder. Thanks for the help.

Very very thick noob

Hmm...

C:\Program Files\Live For Speed\Data\Skins
DOH!!!

Thanks
fantastic site
easy to handle (war auch schon fleißig) !!!!

sorting by author would be nice

schade, dass der lfsw-onlinecheck nich machbar ist
A new Feature:
Copyright (based on CC)

There are different symbols:

The Author must shown
It is not allowed to Edit
You are allowed to Edit the (Race)Number
The Copyright must related when showing the skin on a different page.
It is not allowed to use the Skin for commercial Use
New: It is not allowed to drive with that skin in public!

Additional Symbols:

Public Domain
Not updated yet

Hope you like it!
Feedback please
Nice
I like it!
The next to do for me is to learn making skins :/
#133 - gru
what happened to skin file preview?
now there is only small thumb, which is useless
how can i decide if i like skin when im unable to see it :/ (preview image is usually a render, which looks cool even with crappy skin)

now i have to download every new skin, open it with some image viewer, and usually delete it, cause its not as good as i expected

pls restore skin preview feature, thx
I told janwolf about it before. He is working on it he said. I also like looking at the skin file to see how its made. without downloading it.
Great job janwolf. Thanks for the good work. See ya on the track.

Jim
I´ve changed the Display-Site.
When you click on the preview it changes to the skinfile. Try it out. Feedback. Anathema said it is too small. What are you thinking?
#137 - gru
Quote from janwolf :Anathema said it is too small

yep, could be bigger, cant see details

i liked the old way, preview at the bottom of page, and full-size after click (new card/window)

cant U just show skin by default on details page? without "preview" btn, or clicking image
and put "download" btn on skins list? (maybe someone doesnt want to see details)
You have to see the details because of the copyright issues.
#139 - gru
Quote from Anathema :You have to see the details because of the copyright issues.

it could be visible on skins list, there's enough room

to be honest, i dont get this copyright thing
lets say i want to edit skin:
if i am nice guy, i will ask author
and if im an ass, i wont bother with some copyrights
IMO these icons wont change anything
I don't think that it is necessary to list the "Tags" on the skin overview. I think you only need them for the search function .
those icons are ment for the nice guys anyways...
if noone tells you that the author doens't want his skin modified without his approval, then how would you know?
I write "do not edit" on my skinfile.
UPDATE: Login System coming soon
I am working on a Login System
Release Date: Before Chrismas i hope
UPDATE: The SkinDatabase is also avaible at lfssdb.com!
New official Features!

- A Login System wich let you control all your uploaded Skins on one page! No Searching anymore!
- LFSSDB.com registered

Try it: login.lfssdb.com
Bravo - I really like this site - very well made.

The only thing that snagged in using it was that it took me a while to figure out how to actually see a skin since by "Watch it!" I instantly thought it added either an RSS feed or "live bookmark" or added it to my profile so I didn't click on it right away but sort of hunted around (hovered my cursor over the preview image and it wasn't a link, then I tried the skin name and it wasn't a link and THEN I went for the button).

So in short, I'd suggest using "View Skin" instead of "Watch It" for the button caption.

EDIT:
Also - perhaps making the skin name and the skin's author name clickable might be closer to the expected interface interaction.

EDIT #2:
Oh yeah, same goes for the 'featured skin' label - clicking on it could act like checking the "Featured Skins only" checkbox and pressing "sort" does only in one click instead of two.
@janwolf

How is the "Featured Skin" thing calculated?
It doesn't seem that it have anything to do with the rating or so
no. it has something to to with an admin, who decides what skins are good enough for getting featured.

Featured skins should provide high quality. So the allmighty admin watches the skin in the viewer, looking for errors, the design and the effort the author have put in his work. Not an easy job.

janwolf is atm really busy with the work on this site. We have lots of ideas to put in this page. I wont talk too loud abot what is planned but there will be an second preview image (neutral cmx shot), a skin garage where every author can present their skins, a better integration of the featured skins story and of course an better english. If you see mistakes or if you have suggestions for the site please post them here:
Thx for the answer.
@better English
When i watch a skin statistic it says e.g. Downloads of Skin ID 186 in relation to FO8-Skins:
You x%
Others x%

maybe this skin would be better then you.

Also an option to get back the the overview of your skins would be nice (without the trick to klick on login again ). Probably we will have something like that when the garage thing is implemented.

p.s. it's really cool that janwolf spends so much time writing php stuff (probably the most of the page is written in php and php sucks )

Before I forget...
You can promote us if you like...
More here

A Skin Upload Website!
(164 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG