The online racing simulator
A Skin Upload Website!
(164 posts, started )
A Skin Upload Website!
Skin Upload/Download Database

Hello LFS Players,

I´ve developed a new website for uploading and downloading your skins or to share them with others!
Of course the Website is in BETA Status, but the main functions are working fine.
I´ve mailed the LFS Developers and they liked it and i can´t wait to get negative or positive Feedback.
Note: I am open minded to accept ideas and convert them into actions

If you would like to promote visit our Promotion Base!!!

Features:
- Uploading Skins
- Edit Function
- Delete your Skins
- Downloading Skins
- Voting Skins
- Comments
- Advanced Copyright System (based on Creative Commons)
- Counting Views
- You can Sort your Search
- Search by String
- "FastSearch" via ID
- Latest 2 Skins Preview
- Statistics
- Report function
- Tell a Friend
- You can leave descriptions, when uploading a new skin.

Features in Future:
- Tutorial *

Bugs?
If there are Mistakes (content, grammar, words, ...), mail them to:
http://skins.lfscommunity.lv/reference.html?DO=EMAIL
Would be really nice and friendly

Visit Website
Big Thanks to Martinss for hosting on his server

Get changed when i get more suggestions
- Predefined TAGS, like RealCar, FantasyCar, RaceCar, CivilCar, ModernCar, OldCar, FunnyCar (You can add pregnant Tags here, too.)

Not possible to include:
- LFS WORLD UPLOAD Check (asked a Developer)

* Excercises (You get listed in "Thankyou to...", Maybe in Reference section )
-Tutorial: Starting---->Upload

I'd be grateful for any comments and feedback
Very nice!
It`s easy to find skins, it`s structured and it looks great. Awesome work!
Looking good so far.

Just have to feel sorry for the little RB4 with it's name tagged on right at the end
Looks Sweet! :yummy:
Great work!
Congratulation the Web is awsome

Just one thing , change the color of the brackground to some color eye candy
________
Mercedes-Benz M271 Engine History
Thankyou for the nice Feedback!
Everyone have to upload as much as he has Without Skins there is no site
-->Background-Color: I should start a poll, shouldn´t I?

Thankyou
Just make sure the skins are uploaded by their authors or with the permission of theirs.
Very nice website! Finally a nice skin website.
nice but you should but should allow uploads with more then 400kb
Quote from teaz-R :Just make sure the skins are uploaded by their authors or with the permission of theirs.

It is written on Bottom
500 Kb?
BUG REPORT

The Upload page has XRR written twice. Obviously one of them should be XRT

Oh, and a quick question - do we need to include the "XRT_" part when entering the name of the skin?
400 kb is also the limit on LFS World.

As I said on the German Forums: great site!
Depends on the quality you want to offer on your page maybe 500kb for 1024x1024 skins and about 1.5mb for 2048x2048 skins.

It would be nice if the uploader could update skins..

*made something wrong when I resized my WRC skin now the quality is really bad.

@janwolf don’t forget to think about the traffic such a page will produce when you look for a web host.

Quote from Dajmin :BUG REPORT

Oh, and a quick question - do we need to include the "XRT_" part when entering the name of the skin?

True but a lot people want a better quality (400kb isn’t that much).
Quote from Dajmin :BUG REPORT

I will fix that!
No the name of the skin mustn´t include any skin informations! I mean your Housenumber ins´t included in your name, isn´t it It is a Name uncontroled by your Skin File
Please add suggestions to your post and i will add it on section: questions
@ GloryJ:
Yes i know!
Ok who wants a better upload size! Reminder: Bigger size, less skins at the end (But maybe i will buy more space)

Update:
All fixed
I am working on a tutorial section and i only want to ask if someone would be so friendly making a tutorial in english with pictures for skinning a Skin and to upload it on the Database. From Start to the Upload themselves.
The guy or girl who creating the best tutorial, will become listed behind his/her tutorial on the Website. Only one tutorial will integrated into the Website. The Link will added between Upload and Reference.

Maybe someone would make this.
Would be very nice, friendly and the one making this become a lot of respect by my side.
NICE NICE NICE!....if you need any help, just pm me, i make websites too

Really cool 10 big time!
Nice site.

A feature I'd like to see would be a checkbox "this skin is uploaded to LfS World", so people who download skins know if they have to upload it themselves so others can see it, or just copy it into the skins-folder and are good to go.
Ah good idea! The best would be synchoronize LFS World with LFS SDatabase but thats a dream ok i will add that!
Quote from ColeusRattus :Nice site.

A feature I'd like to see would be a checkbox "this skin is uploaded to LfS World", so people who download skins know if they have to upload it themselves so others can see it, or just copy it into the skins-folder and are good to go.

+1

Alwaysh hated checking manually if some skin is on lfsworld.net or not...

Just tested uploading, very smoothly done website and very "n00b-friendly".

1. Maybe a sticky thread at the skinning section here so it gets more attention?
2. Would be nice if you could view the full size preview pic and full sized skin file.

+1
+111

I usually try to skin my cars myself, but this is a great site, dude!!

Who's this Dr. Gonzo? Brilliant work. The UFs look so sweet...

... und dem Berti sein Manta wollte ich auch schon machen .
Hi! what I would love for skins is a research by tag, like on youtube for exemple:

a skin could be defined by: color, author, type (real road car, fantasy, rally, asphalt race), type of racing(BTCC, WRC, F1 etc), sponsors or brand etc...

good luck!
^
Agree!

Good idea!
Quote from deggis :+1

Alwaysh hated checking manually if some skin is on lfsworld.net or not...

Just tested uploading, very smoothly done website and very "n00b-friendly".

1. Maybe a sticky thread at the skinning section here so it gets more attention?
2. Would be nice if you could view the full size preview pic and full sized skin file.

1.How i can add a sticky? Only moderator i think, right?
2. I can make a full sized skin file (But what sense? Tell me please... if there is a good reason, i integrate it of course!!!!). Yes, and the full sized preview is a bit difficult because all uploaded files are resized yet. The website resize uploaded preview images to a defined size to become cheaper in filesize. And if i add fullsize button, it will not resized, ado you understand?
Quote from hinirags :Hi! what I would love for skins is a research by tag, like on youtube for exemple:

a skin could be defined by: color, author, type (real road car, fantasy, rally, asphalt race), type of racing(BTCC, WRC, F1 etc), sponsors or brand etc...

good luck!

Good Idea. I will add a search by string and tags later on. The sections are posible, but where i could integrate the large selection field? Suggestions please
-
(janwolf) DELETED by janwolf

A Skin Upload Website!
(164 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG