The online racing simulator
Player Hacker rant
(126 posts, started )
-1 For skin hack

They think is F&F the movie in a race game jezh
________
FORD TH!NK SPECIFICATIONS
OMG! The depth of feeling about something I find utterly trivial, I really don't care a jot what the driver model in other players cars look like, it's amazing how much people can get wound up about this sort of thing.
Quote from al heeley :OMG! The depth of feeling about something I find utterly trivial, I really don't care a jot what the driver model in other players cars look like, it's amazing how much people can get wound up about this sort of thing.

Then again, I've never actually seen anybody using it but I can't imagine caring much about how the other players' models look like

This thread makes me wonder if any of you get this annoyed as well when someone has a really stupid skin on their car or something, like mine for example, because it's not realistic and no one IRL would drive such a car
I think bad skins and dodgy driver models destroy the ambience of the simulation, bad skins i've come to accept owing to the sheer quantity of them, but the driver model stands out and when I see it I always feel that it looks silly and destroys the immersion.

I dont have strong feelings on it, but that doesnt meen i'm going to allow people in T-Shirts and sunglasses to race on my servers any more than my local race track would.
#30 - SamH
Quote from al heeley :OMG! The depth of feeling about something I find utterly trivial, I really don't care a jot what the driver model in other players cars look like, it's amazing how much people can get wound up about this sort of thing.

I fully appreciate your stance. If someone wants to drive a race without a helmet, then it should be their choice. By the same token, if a server operator decides to have a modicum of very basic/fundamental scrutineering on their server, they should also be able to do that. The whole relationship between what you can wear and what an event holder can require you to wear is a new aspect of realism that can only be seen as a plus for LFS.
Quote from SamH : if a server operator decides to have a modicum of very basic/fundamental scrutineering ...

"Scrutineering"? Server rules are considered "scrutineering" now, are they? Whoops! Sorry, I said server, I meant "real-life racing circuit". :rolleyes:
I agree as well with the OP and all others who agreed .

Quote from dadge :but you also thought you could overclock a laptop...........

And I also just recently came across a post of his in the hardware section stating that 'you could always overclock the motor...' talking about the FF motor of wheel controllers
It's scrutineering in the same way that camber angles on our cars are not called 3D vectors. It's just a word. Same Shizznit. You're almost as dramatic as the 'strong feelings'.
Quote from Becky Rose :dadge has a point. The biggest limiting factor in CPU performance is heat and in laptops heat is a commodity that the designers have to work around and determines the CPU's that are installed and available.

i noticed that on my viao when i tried to load photoshop cs3 ( full with all the bells and whistles to make all you nerds go crazy )

on topic : i think if we wanted to have people in real like cloths id release my " im with niko " racing suits ....

go to cruize servers for that kinda stuffs but if you wanna stick to the simulation then lets just make lfs more realistic rather then take away from the game with these silly hacks :twocents:
Or make a new LFS function, if you crash without wearing a helmet, you go to spectate automaticly. Realism simulator anyone
#36 - Woz

+1
Quote from Becky Rose :It's scrutineering in the same way that camber angles on our cars are not called 3D vectors.

Aren't camber angles 2D vectors?

Quote from Becky Rose :It's just a word. Same Shizznit. You're almost as dramatic as the 'strong feelings'.

Bleh. Computer games make me feel nerdy enough already without the people I'm associating with getting all RPG about it.
#38 - SamH
Quote from thisnameistaken :Aren't camber angles 2D vectors?

No, they're bloody camber angles! And I don't want to go thinking we're racing on splines either. When I'm at Aston, I'm at a track somewhere probably in the Black Country.. LFS is one of the few opportunities I have in life for some willing suspension of disbelief, and anything that helps with that is good for me.
Why are you calling it a hack? It's just a texture, same as any road, or tyre texture. IMO it just seems silly to call it a hack, it's disrespectful to the true art of (I only do it for fun at school, as part of my com. tech course)
~Bryan~
Quote from SamH :No, they're bloody camber angles! And I don't want to go thinking we're racing on splines either. When I'm at Aston, I'm at a track somewhere probably in the Black Country.. LFS is one of the few opportunities I have in life for some willing suspension of disbelief, and anything that helps with that is good for me.

And that's fair enough, but you've got to draw the line somewhere. If you find excitement in sim racing, that's perfectly normal, but there's a reason why Virtua Scrutineer isn't a booming interactive entertainment franchise.
Quote :Aren't camber angles 2D vectors?

Are wheels flat?

Quote :but you've got to draw the line somewhere. If you find excitement in sim racing, that's perfectly normal, but there's a reason why Virtua Scrutineer isn't a booming interactive entertainment franchise.

Without wanting to sound argumentative or get the toothpicks out at down over something so trivial, it's use of a word we're discussing here, which is even more trivial than the discussion over whether it was the right word to use...
The models accessed by Player Hacker which you couldn't get from inside LFS should be removed. They take away the "feel" of the game and are just plain ugly
If they were meant to be there..then scawen would have left the code in there, and have them as an option alongside the newer textures (helment and racing suits).

In my opinion.. they look plain ugly... but if people want to use them i believe they should... it gives no advantages to anyone... and as long as they arnt used in broadcast leagues.. or any leagues in that fact.. then i dont REALLY see the huge fuss here.

However i do believe that if server admins what the drivers on that server to have the normal race suit and helmet model.. then so be it.. because after all its their server.. and they want to portray a specific image.

Just my 2 cents.
#44 - ev0
To be honest, I don't know if I have ever driven against any players who have used this altered model, I just see cars when I am racing, not their drivers. I can understand why some people would like to have the ability to use plain clothes models, but I do think it is a good idea to let server admins choose to limit this for the sake of immersion in a simulated race.

It must look pretty odd seeing somebody flying at 300kph+ in a bf1 without a helmet on! Does anybody have a screenshot of this?
That head sticking out of the car looks stupid, when I'm racing It's the least of my problems, But I if was watching Videos of LFS with a view to purchase and I saw this Constipated Alien with a tee-shirt driving the car I may feel differently.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :WTF is it with people using the player hacker on racing servers

I can understand it on cruise servers, but WHY THE HELL would you turn up to a race server with no helmet and in street clothes. In RL, they'd insist you were in a race suit and helmet before you raced, right? I know the CTRA has such a system and I applaud it, I'd be interested if somebody would PM me how it works, I'm aiming to put something similar on the TE servers.

It annoys me beyond belief when somebody comes into a crowded race server with a player hacker model, and just thinks its ok

IMO, there should be no need or reason for people to use those models on racing servers

DK

EDIT: IMO (and I don't mean to sound harsh), anyone joining with such a model should be kicked with a note saying what they did wrong and how to fix it

Although what you are saying is fair enough, I can't understand why the hell it matters THAT MUCH what a pixel is wearing when driving. Hell, for all I care it could be some really hot naked model covered in baby oil. After all, its just a game, and you should be more concerned with what that car is doing, and where you're going, than what the driver model is.

[Although I agree with the not in broadcasted leagues and stuff]
well in a way i do agree that it looks not realistic at all (regarding leagues) but its still a game and you will never reach the point where a game is as realistic as some of you sticklers want it to be. Besides that, if youre paying more attention on how someones driver model looks like then youre defenently doing something wrong.

Ever tried "one of the first version of lfs"? There was no race suit at all
whats wrong with the Player hacker? people can dress the way they want. maybe the LFS devs should add a standard non-racing person suit. I agree that bad skins make hte game look worse. (and those pesky barriers)
I agree with Al. This is sooo trivial. and in a way sort of locks the game into a limited little vein, ruining a bunch of potential.
And look at it this way, just WHAT does a real race car driver wear when they drive and RB-4 or an XRR? and don't real race car drivers use equipment that is different from class to class and type of racing?
Plus, what someone wants in their own cockpit is their own business. After all, they bought it with their own money right?
I hope you server operators that are reading this will just stick to wreckers and spammers and cheaters, leave the dress code crap to the schools and corporate types please

I don't use that "hack", but my helmet sorta freaks people out sometimes. Gee I hope I don't ruin somebody's "immersion" with it.

I seen that petty nonsense like this issue has helped with the demise of alot of things - not just video games. Keep it up and you'll have so damn many rules to follow, the game won't be worth playing. More private than public servers happening due to implementing and enforcing "rules" like this so logging on will be a waste of time too.

Why hell, while your at it, may as well put size and location requirements for numbers and decals on skins and throw in an approved sponsor list as well? Wait a minute. I don't like pink cars with green numbers. Can we ban those too?
LOL I can imagine the I GOT BANNED thread having entries like, I got banned cause they said my car had a bad paintjob.

You people need help and if I keep ranting about, I will too.
#50 - Jakg
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :whats wrong with the Player hacker? people can dress the way they want. maybe the LFS devs should add a standard non-racing person suit. I agree that bad skins make hte game look worse. (and those pesky barriers)

Because how can you possible say LFS is realistic when guys race about at 200 mph bumping each other with no frigging helmets or suits?!

I'm not even allowed to STEP in a kart with no helmet or race suit, and even past 30 MPH on my bike i get so many flies i need the helmet lid down - WTF would you be doing on a track racing without it?!

For cruise/drift servers? Maybe. For ANY racing server? Taking the piss.

Player Hacker rant
(126 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG