The online racing simulator
Kicked The Habbit....
(60 posts, started )
Kicked The Habbit....
Hello Folks , I cant Hold my excitement anymore

finally stopped Smoking !

i never noticed how much i used to spend on smokes untill i noticed the 35 euro in my pocket over a 3 day period....

Though this way brought on by my recent case of the flu, i feel like a new person not having a cancer stick in my hand

thoughts anyone ??
Quote from theirishnoob :Hello Folks , I cant Hold my excitement anymore

finally stopped Smoking !

i never noticed how much i used to spend on smokes untill i noticed the 35 euro in my pocket over a 3 day period....

Though this way brought on by my recent case of the flu, i feel like a new person not having a cancer stick in my hand

thoughts anyone ??

Congrats. Keep it up. Trust me, you really don't want to end up with a smoking related cancer, wouldn't wish it on anybody. Plus you'll be able to afford a holiday in a matter of months..
congrats on kicking the habit. My dad has also stopped today
eh... 7 euro a packet and i average about 25 a day...
Well done dude! I'm going to give it another try some time in the next couple of weeks myself (I managed three weeks without a fag back in January and somehow ended up smoking again).

Keep it up!
Congrats. Now keep it up! . It's hard to get rid of habits you started at an early age.

I was surprised you actually smoked at the age of 15!
here 2 dollars for a normal pack

keep it up dont let the smoke beat you, i smoked for 3 days that sense of smoking made me feel good, but didnt liked the taste so i threw it away
thanks guys... the smart guys in office here think that by limiting the minimum amount of cigarettes you can buy to 20 ( or 15 grams of rolling tobacco ) and charging at least 6 euro a packet is gonna stop people....

should just limit it to 10 packets with a max of 25 gram on roll-up tobacco... cause having to buy 20 packs made me smoke even more
Congrats on quitting, I too got into it for a short while, clued in one day as to what I was doing with myself, the only time I'll smoke tobacco now is with the herb, usually special smoking blend, or pipe tobacco. I make sure the tobacco I smoke is somewhat cleaner burning, and more natural then the crap you get in cigarettes. Chew gum, that's my only tip, gum is cheaper, it keeps your mouth busy, and leaves you with nice breath, not icky smoke breath.
Quote from hrtburnout :Congrats. Now keep it up! . It's hard to get rid of habits you started at an early age.

I was surprised you actually smoked at the age of 15!

You'd be surprised how young people are when they try smoking these days. It's pretty sad if you look at in on the broad spectrum. But oh well, at least it's safer then drinking (short term of course)
~Bryan~
Nice. Best thing you could ever do for your health. I quit 6 years ago - the best part is smelling other smokers and going "goddam, I actually smelled like that and was fine with it"

The cost of it these days really does my head in - when I started smoking at 15 (1991), a 25 pack of Marlboros was about 5 bucks. Small change that you could scrounge from around the house. Now the same pack of 25 costs at least a tenner (CDs, however, have barely risen 2 bucks in 16 years.). I'm really, really glad I quit and quite sympathetic to the people I know that still smoke - they're getting ripped off and reamed by the government's enormous tobacco taxes, which the tobacco pimps are more than happy to pass on to smokers.

Plus it's now illegal to smoke inside a pub here in Melbourne, which I can imagine must suck a lot of arse ...
Quote from Hankstar :when I started smoking at 15 (1991), a 25 pack of Marlboros was about 5 bucks. Small change that you could scrounge from around the house. Now the same pack of 25 costs at least a tenner (CDs, however, have barely risen 2 bucks in 16 years.).

Yeah but let's be honest, CDs taste like ass.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Yeah but let's be honest, CDs taste like ass.

If that's true, Kev old chap, then I'm not sure you're storing them in the right place.
Quote from Hankstar :The cost of it these days really does my head in - when I started smoking at 15 (1991), a 25 pack of Marlboros was about 5 bucks. Small change that you could scrounge from around the house. Now the same pack of 25 costs at least a tenner (CDs, however, have barely risen 2 bucks in 16 years.). I'm really, really glad I quit and quite sympathetic to the people I know that still smoke - they're getting ripped off and reamed by the government's enormous tobacco taxes, which the tobacco pimps are more than happy to pass on to smokers.

Ouch! I don't smoke, but chew smokeless tobacco (snuff) as I've said before in Kev's thread. When I started, a can of snuff or pack of smokes cost........... 75 cents, US! But compared to everyone else here I guess, it's still pretty cheap at $5 a pack. They have legislation to raise the tobacco tax by 165% pretty soon though.
Quote from theirishnoob :the smart guys in office here think that by limiting the minimum amount of cigarettes you can buy to 20 ( or 15 grams of rolling tobacco ) and charging at least 6 euro a packet is gonna stop people....

As a well-known stand-up act has it: even if they put a skull & crossbones logo on them and branded them "Tumors" people would still be lining up to buy them.

Good show on quiting it. Just don't pick up on Kev's CD storing hobby as an alternative.
Quote from xaotik :As a well-known stand-up act has it: even if they put a skull & crossbones logo on them and branded them "Tumors" people would still be lining up to buy them.

Good show on quiting it. Just don't pick up on Kev's CD storing hobby as an alternative.

i actually bought a couple of cartons with skull an crossbones on em :S... made pretty penny selling them on
Quote from The Irish Idiot :Kicked The Habbit....

Poor Bilbo.
blaaah, combining regular smoking with chewing toothpicks here...for 5 days now.
2 packs of cigarettes gone instead of 5... decent result...
that's 6 euros saved
Quote from Hankstar :I quit 6 years ago - the best part is smelling other smokers and going "goddam, I actually smelled like that and was fine with it"

Heh, same here; few years ago I made an interesting discovery; I could smell things again. I smoked for 7 years, stopped 3 years ago. Best goddamn thing I have ever done.
.. *cough*.. Except meeting my wife of course
Congrats!

I managed an even greater feat though: I never started :P
But your 15...Why in Gods name did you start?

I thought Ireland had changed from the 90's.

Sorry, but no Congrats and Respect from me.
Well done buddy

Now read The Runaway Jury by John Grisham

DK
#22 - Gunn
Congratulations! I've been clean for about four years (after 20 years of lung abuse). Best thing you could ever do for yourself and your friends/family/work colleagues.

You'll be saving money, and maybe your life.
Congrats, and have fun spending the extra lifetime and $$$!
Quote from Hankstar :If that's true, Kev old chap, then I'm not sure you're storing them in the right place.

ROFL
Congratulations!
Quote from LFSn00b :7 euro? Thats expensive... here normal pack costs 4 euros and a maxi pack costs 5, 20 euros...

Well, everything else here is expensive anyway

Kicked The Habbit....
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG