The online racing simulator
X-System 1.4
(128 posts, started )
Quote from haelje :Display the 108% margin time in the results, so everyone can see his time compared to this.

+1
Quote from DarkTimes :Was this a bet on how long it would take for this thread to dissolve into an argument?

Becky said that this thread would reach 4 pages without running out of steam
Sam, this is only the 3rd page.

Also, I think we should have the ability to send a message privately to another user. So if we want to exchange MSN addresses, we can do it behind closed doors.
The page length depends on what settings you have for posts per page in the forum settings, so it is four pages if you have it set to the default.

The only actual change I would really like to see is to get rid of the race full thing, which can be really annoying. I'm not sure what the thought process behind it is, but it means that once you join a server you often have to sit idly spamming join until someone leaves.

Plus if you spend too long on the setup screen, such as when you're tweaking your set, then sometimes you can't rejoin and you need to wait again.

I personally would find it better to just limit the server size to the amount of drivers which are allowed.
As mentioned in another ctra thread here
could the $rep allow for "this race" replay to be sent after the race has ended.
then the report can be submitted as normal at the myctra pages,
I think making the reporting process just a little easyer but still involved enough to stop overreporting will help those who need it
and allow racers making reports to race in the very next race.

SD.
There are lots more things to come, i've gone through and done all of the quick and easy ones so far so I thought i'd post the list so that you know about any things already done and covered.

Wind now ranges from none to low

Replays are now saved with underscores and not spaces in the name

Points algorythm will compare lap time bonus to yellow flags bonus and
use whichever results in more points for the next part of the
calculation, so drivers outside of 108% record time get points for not
registering yellow flags (or registering very few).

Message sent to spectating players when pit lane opens

Ordinary blue flag message tells you player name of the car
causing your blue flag so you know who to let past.

Blue flag text messages are only sent at a maximum of every
5 seconds (in cases where LFS' blue flag flicks on and off
due to distance).

Idle on track too long /spectate time increased

Spam message repeat timer decreased. Do not take this as
an opportunity to repeatedly tell us how you are smiling.
Once is still enough.

None of the above are live yet. I'm going to do some of the more complicated ones and REINTRODUCE ENDURANCE NIGHTS before launch, which I hope to get done today.
Sweeeet !
Excellent work Becky

Thanks for the feedback

SD.
Endurance \o/
Quote from Becky Rose :REINTRODUCE ENDURANCE NIGHTS before launch, which I hope to get done today.

will the endurance just be for the night or all day? great work on the other things changed. Super!

your kindness exceeds your personal charm
Quote from Becky Rose :drivers outside of 108% record time get points for not registering yellow flags (or registering very few).

Do drivers inside the 108% record time who register very few yellow flags get even more points?
Preferences: Show Results to off should now be fixed, I think.

It's unlikely this will go live tonight, i'm having trouble to get the SQL stuff to recompile after my recent reinstall and i've had to send a technical support request to Bruce who wrote it. Once I get it compiling again I will need sufficient time to at least do some basic testing of these features.
Thanks Becky, for letting us know what is about to be changed.
Great feedback.

Quote from StableX :........ your kindness exceeds your personal charm

omg sweet talking now .
Great Changes
Thanks you again for all the hard work. It is always interesting getting in discussions here.
Quote from StableX :will the endurance just be for the night or all day? great work on the other things changed. Super!

your kindness exceeds your personal charm

Think it will be for 5 minutes
How about adding people who did not finish to the $results menu, with a DNF instead of the gap, and remove mid-race joiners from that same menu? Would that be possible?
Thats a nice idea Gil. I will make this change in the future as it has missed 1.4
Quote from haelje :Display the 108% margin time in the results, so everyone can see his time compared to this.

+1, great suggestion
One other change was done today. Replays are now saved when a lap record is made, we've wiped the lap records.

The system logs a report against you with a report status of "Lap Record". This is nothing to panic about, replays with a report attached are not deleted by the system so this will ensure the lap record replays remain online.

Sam has updated the MyCTRA page to not show these "system" reports, although I didnt think of doing that in game. I'll make that change in the future.
Merging the race2/3 servers with all those cars on track at once just ruined a perfectly good server. Very rarely do you get enough people for each class to have someone to fight against in your own class. Most people seem to choose either the GT2 or UF1 and those just don't mix.
That's not a permanent change, that was done per request for the drivers at the time and should have reset by now.

EDIT: I just checked, server was close to a track change - but i've set it to GTR+GT2
I've just been on SS1 and the races were 3 laps at FE3. Are all the races that short, now?
They shouldnt be, I think I have just realised a mistake though.

EDIT: Problem fixed.
Ah cool, thank you.
Would it be possible to add a 30 sec delay before the race can be started after a track change? It's annoying to miss a start by a few secs just because you were choosing the car/set and checking fuel.

X-System 1.4
(128 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG