The online racing simulator
X-System 1.4
(128 posts, started )
X-System 1.4
I'm going to produce an update of X-System soon to solve all the small niggles and minor complaints. There's quite a lot on my to do list already but if there is anything specific you want included please mention it.

Just a short discription in bold please and then keep discussion in normal type so that I can pick out the suggestions in bold when I come to do it.

Thanks.
Zero points for National Drivers on SS1 server to allow more clubman to progress....

and I am a national driver
er, more points available to clubman racers?
Quote from niall09 :er, more points available to clubman racers?

same points, just the higher license cant take them from clubman
Could Race2 server alternate between car classes, instead of random.

I do miss the old RB4

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :Could Race2 server alternate between car classes, instead of random.
I do miss the old RB4

SD.

+1
Quote from StableX :Zero points for National Drivers on SS1 server to allow more clubman to progress....

+1
Reward race times rather than lap times with points.

You can place sixth, have come off the track a couple of times and still get more points because you had one good fast lap, than the person that did all the laps in the fastest time to win the race.

At the moment, winning the race is not as important as getting the fastest lap time.

As I was getting to the end of my Bronze license, I was racing more for points then position because I wanted to see it tick over to Silver. Rather than risk overtaking the slower driver in front of me, I'd hang back a bit so I'd have clear track between us, then with the nice clear track, I could concentrate on getting a single fast laptime in over the next couple of laps. It didn't matter if I let the guy in front of me finish ahead of me, I would almost always get more points because of my one fast lap.

I learned this from noticing I could be following someone that was faster than me, but I've slipped by them when they've come off or made a mistake. I end up finishing the race ahead of them, but they still would get more points because their fastest lap was better than mine.

Winning should always be rewarded with the highest points. I do only mean for the same license levels though. A race won by a Gold driver should get more points than any other Gold driver in the race. The Copper driver in second place may get more points than the Gold driver, but no other Copper or Bronze driver should get more points than them, just because they had one single fast lap.

And the race winner would still have to finish the race within 108% of the fastest race time to get any points.

What you could do is reward the single fastest laptime, just the one driver that did the fastest lap during the race, with a few bonus points for the race.

I believe this would in fact encourage even closer racing with less emphasis on a single hot lap, therefor less accidents, because everyone is trying for a dozen or so consistent laps.

Remember the Turtle and Hare parable. Your rewarding the Hare way to much.
Race Rejoin function

I understand the logic behind this policy, however at present if you can't rejoin a race has say 5-10 minutes to go, you will probably do what I have been doing, Leave the Game and rejoin.

It is very frustrating when for example you get taken out on the first corner and then you have to sit in the pits cooling your heels until the last Driver comes past the start finish line.

Some suggestions would be;

This function only operates when the Server has more than say 5 drivers on it.

You can only rejoin when there are no other cars close to the Pit exit.

A message is shown on the screen for all Drivers to see advising when the Pit Lane is closed for joining Drivers. This will stop people constantly trying to rejoin before we are allowed to as we don't know when the Pits are open.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers
CRAIG
Include Weather conditions and maybe also the number of racers in a more profound way then now in the points system plz. Reward position also since its not only a hotlapping competition.

If the whole group is so called slow the race can still be good and hard for them. There should be a reward. Maybe you should not progress in license on race basis but on consistently ending races in top 10 on well filled servers. and get a few bonus points for quickest lap in a race (which in most raceclasses is just a honourable mention in the stats and nothing more).
Quote from SparkyDave :Could Race2 server alternate between car classes, instead of random.

I do miss the old RB4

SD.

+1!

I also agree with RatzMilk's well-written suggestion about the balance of laptimes/race times in the points system.

Sam
Quote from StableX :Zero points for National Drivers on SS1 server to allow more clubman to progress....

Zero points to gold, platinum + drivers on Race 1 server, why not going to Race 2 server?
That would give a chance to a lot other people, because the Race 1 server is mainly controlled by gold+ drivers atm, and that ain`t fair imo since there is a Race 2 server for people with gold or better.

+1
I back that up.

No points for higher license drivers on lower licensed servers. Not just SS1, but also Race1. That way it should people to go the server where they can score some points.

I still believe that you should earn them by getting laptimes that are on pace. Look at real racinf you wont score unless your on pace. If not you`ll be at the back off grid and you`ll not end up with points.
Quote from Craig WA :Race Rejoin function
I understand the logic behind this policy, however at present if you can't rejoin a race has say 5-10 minutes to go, you will probably do what I have been doing, Leave the Game and rejoin.

It is very frustrating when for example you get taken out on the first corner and then you have to sit in the pits cooling your heels until the last Driver comes past the start finish line.

I am against this. Currently you get one midrace join. If you get taken out at T1, you can go to pits, wait for the first lap to be over and then you can rejoin. Of course you're not really racing for points anymore, but that's just how it is. Frankly, I think people need to get away from the idea that if you get spun in T1 the race is over. Many drivers immediately press Shift+P if they get rear ended in T1 as a reflex, only to find that they can't rejoin right away and then they get frustrated. Instead of going to pits, just get back on track and keep racing. The damage on your car in a T1 spin is rarely significant enough to really force you to retire. I think most people just get so annoyed that they've lost a few positions that they go to pits. Their loss I've been caught in the T1 mess lots of times. I've gone from 4th to 20th position because of people rear-ending me in T1, but I can't remember a single time that my car was actually so beaten up that I couldn't continue racing.

I say leave it the way it is. I think it has already significantly improved the way people go through T1, knowing that they can't just telepit if they crash.
That is so true
Agreed, obsolum. And I'd like to give a +1 for no points for higger licenced drivers on Race1 and SS1.
Give it a proper name.

What sort of a name is "X-System"? And you'll look really behind the times when patch Y turns up. Fix the name, it's horrible.
+1 for no points for bigger licence drivers on SS1 and Race 1.

I believe even the bigger licence drivers would agree that they only drop servers to purely race for the enjoyment of taking part with the different car classes availiable.
#20 - Jakg
-1 for not getting points - we get VERY few points as it is - you seem to want to "drive us away" from the entry servers, because then you can't win - surely when you come on the next server you'll be in exactly the same situation...?
I get a big fat zero points no matter how well i do on Race 1, so any changes to the points system won't keep me away
Quote from Gil07 :Agreed, obsolum. And I'd like to give a +1 for no points for higger licenced drivers on Race1 and SS1.

I race on Race1 just for the XFG + XRG combo, I'd continue to race there even if no points were involved It's about the only place to get XRG + XFG action in S2
Quote from CELTIC100 :+1 for no points for bigger licence drivers on SS1 and Race 1.

I believe even the bigger licence drivers would agree that they only drop servers to purely race for the enjoyment of taking part with the different car classes availiable.

here here.. well said.... kudos to Celtic.. oh wait, thats PGR!
Quote from Jakg :-1 for not getting points - we get VERY few points as it is - you seem to want to "drive us away" from the entry servers, because then you can't win - surely when you come on the next server you'll be in exactly the same situation...?

Well that is true, but now the higher leveled racer are taking up the first 3 spots. Wich i understand but to lower licensed racers its demotivation.
The people who got the better licenses had to compete against everybody to get them. But you want people who are still stuck with the lower licenses to not have to compete against those who have higher licenses in order to gain the same license as them?

I don't get your logic.

X-System 1.4
(128 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG