The online racing simulator
X-System 1.4
(128 posts, started )
[quote=RatzMilk;544544]Reward race times rather than lap times with points.quote]
+1 Excelent suggestion this will promote cleaner racing all around.
Yes +1
Quote from StableX :Zero points for National Drivers on SS1 server to allow more clubman to progress....

and I am a national driver

Great idea!! I still want to race the higher-up guys and gals though. So still let them compete on SS1 and teach us, but not gain any points.
StableX are you a National driver for real? I couldn't tell from all your other posts. You have never mentioned it before!!
Just kidding congratulations
I actually am.... I'd still race on the SS1 server but I know from my experiece when you have 6 or 7 national license racers on the SS1, its unfair to the clubman racers trying to get points! So now I am National, I can say it without some of the snotty commentrs I got from national license holders saying go faster. It's a Clubman server mainly for the clubman guys and gals to get points. Have a little respect!

come on Todd, get your points. We need you on SS2
Don't understand your logic
Quote from Jakg :-1 for not getting points - we get VERY few points as it is - you seem to want to "drive us away" from the entry servers, because then you can't win - surely when you come on the next server you'll be in exactly the same situation...?

Jakg when you were working your way up did you race against Platnium drivers on race 1 for the same points? I wasn't around then I don't know how it used to work. I don't think anyone wants to drive you away, but how is it satisfying for a Platinum driver to gain points against a Bronze driver? Wouldn't you gain the same or more points on a Gold or up server? I love racing the higher licence guys "for fun" but the points then become unobtainable when they are on because they kick our asses.
Quote from StableX :
come on Todd, get your points. We need you on SS2

If you could hook me up with a million bucks or so it would really help, if I didn't have to go to work and I could play all day I might eventually make it.!!
Quote from Toddshooter :Jakg when you were working your way up did you race against Platnium drivers on race 1 for the same points?

Back then, presumably everybody was "bronze", and so yes - they had to race against everybody to score points. Do you think you shouldn't have to beat those same guys to get the same level license as them?

Quote from Toddshooter :how is it satisfying for a Platinum driver to gain points against a Bronze driver?

How satisfying would it be to get a "platinum" license knowing you did it by racing against substandard drivers?
Quote from thisnameistaken :How satisfying would it be to get a "platinum" license knowing you did it by racing against substandard drivers?

If that were true, then why do people (in other games) hunt newbies? Not for the satisfying feeling, but because it's easy! This is exactly the same analogy. Whilst not all racers will be in this group, some will want to get points in easier ways, just to "level up".. There should be no incentive (in terms of points) for higher level racers to race against lower level racers imho.
This is top down thinking.
Quote :Originally Posted by thisnameistaken-Do you think you shouldn't have to beat those same guys to get the same level license as them?

No I don't! I think you beat people at your own level and progressivly work your way up to their level. They didn't start out at platinum they started at bronze!

Quote :Originally Posted by thisnameistaken-How satisfying would it be to get a "platinum" license knowing you did it by racing against substandard drivers?

They are substandard to platinum drivers not to me!
Quote from Toddshooter :No I don't! I think you beat people at your own level and progressivly work your way up to their level. They didn't start out at platinum they started at bronze!

Do you think people like SparkyDave were slow until they got the "platinum" label, and then suddenly they became much faster? Think this through logically, please.

I think some people are overly obsessed with the points. In a very pathetic and sad way. And I mean that most sincerely.
+1 If they race with us for fun and learning it is great but when they are there points become a non issue for lower drivers.
#36 - FL!P
Some more ideas:

- Display a message when the pitlane opens
- Allow people to telepit and rejoin the race more than just once, as long as they don't trigger any yellow flag
- Display a message just before the start that shows wind speed and rough direction relative to your current position (not sure how, though; obviously the ideal would be to display an icon (like an arrow out of a set of 8), but I don't think it's possible, so maybe something like (0°), (45°), (90°), (135°), (180°), and so on.
- Improve the fuel information in the $track screen. For some reason I've never got valid information from it. Maybe have it set by admins instead of allowing people to upload the information (or not, or invalid info).
- Allow us to file a report entirely from the website
-
(Toddshooter) DELETED by Toddshooter
#37 - Jakg
Quote from Toddshooter :Jakg when you were working your way up did you race against Platnium drivers on race 1 for the same points? I wasn't around then I don't know how it used to work. I don't think anyone wants to drive you away, but how is it satisfying for a Platinum driver to gain points against a Bronze driver? Wouldn't you gain the same or more points on a Gold or up server? I love racing the higher licence guys "for fun" but the points then become unobtainable when they are on because they kick our asses.

origninally? I was on the top 20-odd racing against Biohazard et al for my points - it was just as hard to keep up as it is now, even if driver x now has Platinum or whatever.

FTR i earned about 20-21 thousand of my points on Race 1 - it took a bloody age as you get very little points (ie in the "good old days" of 10 points a race) as you go up the licenses. I was driving the cars i enjoyed driving, not to "own teh nubs!"
You must have misunderstood the concept of Progression
Quote from thisnameistaken :Do you think people like SparkyDave were slow until they got the "platinum" label, and then suddenly they became much faster? Think this through logically, please.

I think some people are overly obsessed with the points. In a very pathetic and sad way. And I mean that most sincerely.

To progress means you progress not magicaly turn into pumkins at midnight or platinum at 2:00PM. Platinum drivers started at bronze pace and got progressivly faster while gaining points all the way. I think you might need to rethink your point of veiw.
Quote from Jakg :origninally? I was on the top 20-odd racing against Biohazard et al for my points - it was just as hard to keep up as it is now, even if driver x now has Platinum or whatever.

So maybe on this point I need to rethink my stance a bit!

Quote : I was driving the cars i enjoyed driving, not to "own teh nubs!"

Which is my point you wanted to race for fun not for the easy points.
Quote from Toddshooter :To progress means you progress not magicaly turn into pumkins at midnight or platinum at 2:00PM. Platinum drivers started at bronze pace and got progressivly faster while gaining points all the way. I think you might need to rethink your point of veiw.

You're wrong. A handful of them have got their fancy badges from putting in hours and hours and hours of races to feed their points habit, and the rest were always that fast.

Quote from Toddshooter :Which is my point you wanted to race for fun not for the easy points.

Says the guy who's obsessed with the points and is lobbying for the acquisition of points to be made easier...
Quote from thisnameistaken :Says the guy who's obsessed with the points and is lobbying for the acquisition of points to be made easier...

Where did you get the impression that I'm obsessed with points? And why so angry relax!
Going to stop posting now because this is a thread about improvements.
Sorry for taking over the thread I will stop posting about this here now.

thisnameistaken you can PM me if you want to discuss this further. :-)
Quote from FL!P :- Display a message just before the start that shows wind speed and rough direction relative to your current position (not sure how, though; obviously the ideal would be to display an icon (like an arrow out of a set of 8), but I don't think it's possible, so maybe something like (0°), (45°), (90°), (135°), (180°), and so on.

Oh yes, +1. Would prevent many crashes.
Toddshooter - have you ever heard of the edit button? You have double-posted 4 times in this thread!
Sorry didn't know doubles were against form etiquete.
Sorry forgot to add a smile!
Im just saying
NP I was just kidding. I'm too sarcastic sometimes. :-)
Quote from Jakg :-1 for not getting points - we get VERY few points as it is - you seem to want to "drive us away" from the entry servers, because then you can't win - surely when you come on the next server you'll be in exactly the same situation...?

I actually agree. I raced against the fastest drivers to gain my licence, often having to concede that I wasn't fast enough to win a lot of the time, and would have to push myself to go faster. If slower drivers want to get a license for the higher tier servers then they need to get faster and learn how to score points, because the speed differential is just going to get worse as they progress up the tiers. If you can't get points on a starter server then you could argue you are not competitive enough to progress, and you will need to put some effort into increasing your speed and consistency.
add kick for abbreviations of swearing, like: wtf, ffs and any other similar "phrases"
I don't know how feasible this would be, especially on Kyoto National, but enforce a drive-through penalty for crossing the outside yellow line on pit exit. I think it would be a good learning tool for eventual inclusion in the STCC, since crossing the pit exit line seems to be a common rule in real racing.

A personal wish: On STCC tracks Have a small button that shows which corner is nearest using STCC corner/straight names. In the event of a yellow flag, have a button pop up above the sector bars with the name of the nearest track feature to the yellow flag.

X-System 1.4
(128 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG