The online racing simulator
Where have all the BJ's gone?
Over the last few weeks i've noticed a dramatic reduction in the popularity of the B&J server. Whilst I dont mind the 'loss of trade' I figured there is probably a reason for it.

Was it just 'fun for a while but back to racing now' or is it because of something wrong?

Does it need new layouts and old ones to be removed, if so which ones (names if possible)? Is it some flaw in the system or has there been a glitch? Or is it just because nobody else is ever online on that one any more?

If there's anything I can do to bring the fun times back then i'd be happy to oblige.
for me
I know for me that most of the people I raced agains't aren't racing there anymore and half the time is spent telling people it's not a crashing server. I know I should report them but sometimes I try to teach instead.And like you said we are mostly males here and we have short attention spans as well as other things
Mainly because I haven't had time to race "for fun" at the moment lol ... Busy preparing for a League race this weekend.

Other than that, almost everytime I have been on the server people tend to do a bit more than just "lean" or make "light contact". I also think the track rotation should be a little bit faster.

I guess it's mostly a case of being not sure when to report people on the BJ server. I should report more on all CTRA servers really but don't like to create extra work for you guys
#4 - Bean0
Lack of time for me, I did tend to only get on there every so often though...mostly when drunk
I need a platinum and a National A!!!!!!!
Quote from StableX :I need a platinum and a National A!!!!!!!

Well Becky said she would be happy to oblige
It will take ages otherwise Becky...it might be the easiest way
#7 - Gil07
Well with my new wheel i just haven't got the control for those twisty buggers Need more practice first
Only tried the B & J server a couple of times. Couldn't for the life of me figure out what was supposed to be happening and everyone kept yelling at me.
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :Well Becky said she would be happy to oblige
It will take ages otherwise Becky...it might be the easiest way

She just wants a date... Said to me once I get unobtanium, I am in
Could you incorporate XFG RallyX combo's into the rotation possibly one BL track and one FE track
B&J is the only CTRA license I am seriously wanting to upgrade* , its just with 3 pts per entry, and half the time the server is full of crashers, its not fun being sent to spec and losing 3 pts within 5 secs of joining just because someone doesnt know the layout and flips me. Oh well, such is life. I'll wait in the early hours when its quite quiet with a few good racers on

I supppse some new layouts would be cool. Some LX6 action would be great too (or am I missing the LX6 combos?)

*the race and single seater servers are great too, but I am not much of a track racer
So maybe it changes when patch Y succeeds in fixing the barriers shooting you skyhigh?
Quote from Becky Rose :Where have all the BJ's gone?

I was thinking that the other day, however, it had nothing to do with LFS

On topic, I think it's a novelty thing, I like(d) to play it, but since BOTT started my time has been taken up with that and practicing for the RSSC.

TBH, I think when the collision detection is better it would get more usage.
I actually ventured into the server for the first time last night (thought it was called Bump and Grind for some reason ? no matter)

To be honest i thought it was hilarious, especially when the track changed, barreling up to the first corner in a pack of cars and no one with the faintest idea of which way the track went. Laugh out loud funny as everyone came to a full stop and seeing the heads darting left and right wondering which way to turn, and it was like that for most of the first lap !. (just like that vid posted a few months back)

But i can see why it's a bit of a short term novelty, not sure what the answer is to make it more popular ?. Maybe a quicker turnover of tracks so you don't get over familiar with it, maybe reversed grids, maybe just more advertising is needed ? dunno, but i can say from my brief excursion away from serious racing , it was a whole heap of fun
Well after driving there for a month after reopening the CTRA servers it did get boring. I missed several track in it. Like rally tracks with some crazy layout. But most off all the track rotation is good, but some tracks just are to hard to handle with newbies on track.

Like that 1 where you cross over 3 or 4 times. Noway you can ended it with 9 laps. Tudor rose i believe its called. Also that other on champagne layout i love it but with newbies on there isnt a way too drive.

Sure it is supposed to be fun, but since you giving us points for racing there it slightly different now. When you enter as a red or silver racer its costing more entry points and is getting harder to gain points. On top off that you dont get that much points anymore. Nothing wrong with that. But when your knocked out several times in a row by the horrible physics. Its costing more the you actually are able to gain. Just nugged the wall and you will rocketered sky high. It isnt your fault but to me it took out the fun a bit of B&J.

So too me its mostly the physics that is bugging me lately on B&J. A also need me national and gold license. And since points on SS are a hard bargain it will take a while until a get back on B&J. No disrespect to your system, that has got to do with the high level off racing nowadays on SS and on race 2.
I also noticed a decrease on BnJ popularity. I try to stay on the server if it's empty. People come, people go, rarely they stay. Or maybe I'm too fast and scare them away...yeah, that could be it.

I say less XFG, XRG, LX4 and more from the TBO class. People are more inclined to stay if the server has XRT or RB4. If they see only the FXO or LX4 they leave most of the time.

Sometimes the first race is 9 laps and people leave because they don't know it's gonna change after the first race. 9 laps with crazy maniacs never knowing who's gonna take you out?

And new layouts wouldn't hurt. But keep the old ones, ones such as Figuratively, Parkway*, PitOfDespair, BunnyHop, BusterSprint2. They are just brilliant.

(I'm 2nd on the toplist for BnJ, so I know what I'm talking about. :razz
Don't forget when B&J was released people were on school holidays and they're back now.
B'n'J has never done much for me, tried it a couple of times but never got into it.

I vote for scrapping it and replacing it with an LX server of some description.
#19 - Jakg
I love the irony of that statement versus the BnJ userbar in your sig.
He's set it to random Jack It what those of us who dont want to over pollute the forum with a gazillion user bars with blank space between them do
Quote from Jakg :I love the irony of that statement versus the BnJ userbar in your sig.

Erm, you mean the one that randomises between all three so I only have to display one bar?

Now weren't we having a little discussion about your sig the other day...?
#22 - Jakg
I know that, i just found it ironic.

PS - Quit yo' jibber jabber, my userbars pwn!
Quote from Jakg :I know that, i just found it ironic.

PS - Quit yo' jibber jabber, my userbars pwn!

They may do just that.

You text however sux0rs.
This forum isn't a fixed width, so anyone without a huge great monitor gets to see some fugly wrapping going on.
I suggest u put someone from UKCT (with admin abilities) and control server sometimes .. to give warnings to ppl .. lot of them thing that barriers = wrecking ..

2nd new tracks (not too long and not too curved)

and yes .. lot of ppl get annoyed by rocket-barriers.

Importhant thing is to somehow get control in 1st corner .. so TRY TO MAKE 1st 3 corners WIDE, becouse when there are around 20 ppl on server 50% get out in 1st 3 corners and then leave
Give us the LX6!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG