The online racing simulator
School holidays are over and the kids are back to school,
so they don't have time anymore to play around on a B&J track.
i love th bj server, it is proper racing, i find it more of a racing feel than the race servers
I don't use the BJ server unless:
1) Sarah isn't over... :hide:
2) Eddy or other UKCT member is bored (and lonely) and wants to go for a spin
3) I need to be Platinum so I can crash more nub's in STCC Season 2?
Quote from danowat :I was thinking that the other day, however, it had nothing to do with LFS

the answer my friend is blowin' in the wind

Quote :TBH, I think when the collision detection is better it would get more usage.

absolutely ... nothing more furstrating than racing against good drivers with a few bumps here and there and then losing the race to some fool that punts you into a wall at mach5
(the damage from that can lead to some comical situtation though ... kev will know what im on about)
i'd like to see B and J have an S2 server aswell. then we can use the UF1 and some other fun cars. I'd also like to see onroad tracks such as a blackwood ramps race or a fernbay-jump-over-the-hill-and-see-who-survives race
To me it's mainly the LFS barrier issue that prevents me from having fun in BnJ.
That and the flat tracks.
It can be great fun, esp in the LX's but I'm a bit tired from the superman takeoff's everytime LFS "thinks" I touched a rail weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I think barriers are not a problem for most racers. You have to avoid them, just like a grass or high curbs on normal tracks.

One of the problem that is often mentioned by the people on the server, are FPS. Some layouts are really big and sometimes have to much spare objects in my opinion (like tyre stacks inside every corner at The Maze layout). Also the first race 9 laps lenght 'bug' is scaring people from staying on the server.

Most fun and good racing you can see at quite simple and not objects overloaded layouts. Wobblyoval is a great example - so simple and so much fun! My favourites are ParkWay* and Figuratively combos because they provide great racing, and also PitOfDespair & BusterSprint2, due to crosses and jumps As for cars selection, I would say XRG and TBO's are the best for this kind of driving. LX4 is too tricky and light (easy to push into a barrier), so would be the LX6 propably. What about MRT5? It's a car destinated to be used on autocross...

Anyway, I would like to say "thank you" for the BnJ server, as racing on the layouts can be great, and no-one did server with that many layouts before
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :i'd like to see B and J have an S2 server aswell. then we can use the UF1 and some other fun cars. I'd also like to see onroad tracks such as a blackwood ramps race or a fernbay-jump-over-the-hill-and-see-who-survives race

No please not UF1. I rearly join race 2 only if its set to GT/GT2. I just cant believe you call the UF1 fun to drive. Boring. I did the other day with Sparky/Celtic on AS7R with UF1. 1 lape costs you almost 3 minutes to get round. No fun. Dont bring that car into B&J.

The TBO class are the best cars too drive there. Rally tracks needs to be inplented. With or without the nice objest that Becky likes too place on a track.
During Beta testing Becky did use a layout for Kyoto RIng. Now that was a awesome track. Fast corners, fast straights. Some new tracks will be good too.
Quote from niels1 :No please not UF1. I rearly join race 2 only if its set to GT/GT2. I just cant believe you call the UF1 fun to drive. Boring. I did the other day with Sparky/Celtic on AS7R with UF1. 1 lape costs you almost 3 minutes to get round. No fun. Dont bring that car into B&J.

Eh...AS North is definately not the track for UF1.

Drive it on the short South City Tracks, FE Club or Green, AS Cadet or Club and it is VERY fun.

UF1 in BJ would be great.
ok so i'm dropping Tudor Rose, Champaigne and the XFG and LX4. I'll add some new tracks on the autocross pad as soon as i've made some. The problem with objects on the ordinary tracks is LFS isnt designed for AutoX on them, you get wrong way messages and stuff. I'll have to check what can be done and whether X-System might have any other issues with ordinary tracks on BnJ too, so I cant promise anything there.
Dropping Tudor rose & Champagne? I'm 50/50 on that, I've been reasonably successful on Tudor Rose, so will be sad to see it go. I'm all for dropping the S1 restriction though (seriously, how many S1 licensees are actually still out there and racing on this server?), I would love to see the UF1 in some shorter type tracks (with jumps of course).

Becky, if you can work out a way to put some layouts on the other tracks, that would be awesome and would add a whole new dimension to the server.

I'm finding less and less people on the servers atm too, maybe due to repitition or something, i dont know. I still love this genre and keep logging on to try and find some competition, or even - like kurent - join when its empty so it shows up on the server list of those who might have the empty server filter set to no (like me!).
Quote from Becky Rose :
Does it need new layouts and old ones to be removed, if so which ones (names if possible)?

Bunnyhop gives me too low fps, I know my system is old but if you want to appeal to a wide audience it's best if people aren't disconnecting because of the performance hit of unnecessary physics objects. I liked Champagne and Tudor Rose, they were fun if people were light hearted and didn't try and wreck each other, unfortunately in reality that happened rather often. I would like to see the S1 requirement dropped (I really can't see any reason for supporting S1 at all) and an emphasis on more tracks without jumps or head on sections that allow some close racing in cars like the XRG and LX4 (like Parkway), maybe some more small ovals and slow cars like the UF1 and XFG wouldn't go a miss
#39 - Jakg
Tudor Rose pwned!

Wasn't keen on Champagne though...
Quote from ajp71 :Bunnyhop gives me too low fps, I know my system is old but if you want to appeal to a wide audience it's best if people aren't disconnecting because of the performance hit of unnecessary physics objects. I liked Champagne and Tudor Rose, they were fun if people were light hearted and didn't try and wreck each other, unfortunately in reality that happened rather often. I would like to see the S1 requirement dropped (I really can't see any reason for supporting S1 at all) and an emphasis on more tracks without jumps or head on sections that allow some close racing in cars like the XRG and LX4 (like Parkway), maybe some more small ovals and slow cars like the UF1 and XFG wouldn't go a miss

+1 to everything (except liking Champagne and Tudor Rose ).
maybe make a competition so all of us can make some new BnJ tracks for you then vote to see which we like

Allow you more time to do other things
i HAVE ANOTHER REASON U ARE LOOKING FOR ..

entery costs -5 or more freaking points .. and then u get 1 points when he wins , or get ramed out from track ... and u lose 5 points ..

with this thing .. how can u espect someone will drive in B&J and get 5 points for hard earned victory and somebody else get 5 points for 10th place later when he will drive 80% slower and get more points just coz server is full

points just dont revard enough in small grinds or 1 player .. i am sure if there is 1 driver only and he would get 20 points for victory .. there wozuld be always someone racing around , then more would come ... and server could get populated again
aye I went on the bnj server the other day, -5 points when i entered then I realised I had hard track setup, so -5 points more, then I finished the race got +7 points, then in the second race got punted off the track, another -5 points. So I lost 8 points overall when I left the server, and -1% on my license. Not sure if i want to rush back there with the penalties.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG