The online racing simulator
Quote from thisnameistaken :Oh. I found where they hid the driving aids today. Thanks guys!

Agree with Hyper about the braking - it's hard to find the limit and I think that's what is keeping my lap times around the 2:25 mark. It also seems to nose in to the corner too easily when you lift, making it really easy to apex corners just how you want but never risking any sideways messing about. I found that a bit strange.

Overall it feels too much like RACE for my liking.

are you driving without ABS?
Quote from danowat :totally un encrypted too, so you can do what you like to it

Niels... where are you?

I think it wasn't too bad. I was also surprised that there was not that much sudden spins of death... but also it didn't feel like 420 bhp car. Some other oddness too. But it felt fun unlike the Race 07 demo. Can't comment graphical side because it barely runs on DX7 mode lowest settings on my 4-year-old specs supercomputer. FFB was the usual thing... I turned it off.

Plus for the over-dramatic LOTR menu music Intro movie reminded about the classy Need for Speed I car show videos.

Had hard time getting used to play it in the first place, haven't played much lately... I've lost interest because of half-crap Momo wheel, pedals have turned to fubar and the FFB motor have lost tightness so it feels like it's made of jelly. G25 has been on the shopping list for 6+ months...
Quote from deggis :Can't comment graphical side because it barely runs on DX7 mode lowest settings on my 4-year-old specs supercomputer. FFB was the usual thing... I turned it off.

That sounds like I should try it.

Mine is only 3 1/2 years old and runs DX8 mode.
OOH YEAH BABY IIIII LOOOVE IT, just cool game. But bad that they called it BMW M3 Challenge, should be BMW Sim or BMW Challenge, then they could add other BMW models to with patche

But its more than i wished in my life im BMW FAN AND THIS GAME ROCKS.

I think drifters will love it ,if u have skills its sooo fun to get this thing sliding and then drift with it
Tried it, very nice car/sim. Hope someone will export it to RF.
try drifting around for a bit and then press R to see 30 second replay, looks almost like steering help of some sort or a bug
Anyone else not able to connect to the lobby all of a sudden?
Oh and BTW: The guys who were in there last night with me were rFactor racers, and they were saying it would be nice with the Corvette C6 from rFactor in it.
#85 - JTbo
Quote from thisnameistaken :Track's decent, car is ****ing awful. I challenge anyone to get it to oversteer, or do anything exciting at all.

Sounds like a proper BMW
Downloading now . I always loved the M series (well, late '90s M5 and M3 CSL but I'm growing to like the new versions of them now ). Any chance of Ferrari doing the same with Blimey and getting an F430 round Mugello or better yet, Fiorano?
Weird that a road car doesn't have a wheel with 720 degree turning.

Me goes testing some more.

edit. What kind of wheel settings should be used with the G25? Can't make this feel normal at all.
Well, i gave it a whirl too (just offline). And i have to say it's pretty good for a free game. One thing bugs me tho, the way it slides, it feels like there's some kind of a steering help involved. And also that's why i don't feel like I'm in control of the car. Although i managed a 2:17:79 as my 4th lap ever around the Nürburgring GP track.
Night driving is quite nice. But the way the car behaves doesn't feel or look right.

But hey, it's free. :P
I love the ghost c... umm. tank

Its the usual ISI / Blimey that I wouldn't get too near too. Same old dreadfull skid sounds, slightly better tyre curves, 10cm too low centre of gravity, probably too much grip, silly bumps on the track...

As I hated rFactor / GTR / GTR2, this is firmly on the hate list as well. The Corvette I made for rFactor isn't perfect but quite surely a lot better than this effort..

And if BMW paid a six figure number, I think the few head screwed on ISI ''modders'' have full right to their fair share of that
#93 - Jakg
I liked it, just had a bash with a few UKCT'ers, although the understeer was fecking apalling, it was a bit of fun.

Looking forward to GTR3 a bit more now...
Anyone having trouble with some kind of a forced dead zone on the throttle pedal? Doesn't show up anywhere else or other games.
Do you need to reverse the FF with a DFP?
Poor fps, poor netcode. Ok, for a free game. Nice car to put in rFactor though
Anybody want a race now?
Quote from spankmeyer :Anyone having trouble with some kind of a forced dead zone on the throttle pedal? Doesn't show up anywhere else or other games.

Yep, although sensitivity is at 100% and deadzone is at 0%...

How have you guys set up your G25? Maybe I just got rubbish settings (hope dies last)...
I had that problem in all ISI games :/.
It usually starts to pick up throttle around half way pressed pedal.
Brake on the other hand seemed fine at the time and all options are ok (same as bbman's).

Any cure for this?
dxtweak, mess with the center value for the gas pedal. Setting center just abaove 'minimum' tends to work. For sims in general, controllers best avoid the Y axis because games tend to think that is a joystick axis that should have a center position.. So only half the axis works..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG