The online racing simulator
X-System 1.4
(128 posts, started )
Quote from csurdongulos :add kick for abbreviations of swearing, like: wtf, ffs and any other similar "phrases"

What does FFS mean?
For F***'s sake.

I won.
Ok Thanks now I'll know when they're mad at me and not hitting on me. :-)
Quote from thisnameistaken :The people who got the better licenses had to compete against everybody to get them. But you want people who are still stuck with the lower licenses to not have to compete against those who have higher licenses in order to gain the same license as them?

I don't get your logic.

Not true perse since they might not have been natural born racers. So the level they are at now is not really what they have raced against before.
Quote from thisnameistaken :The people who got the better licenses had to compete against everybody to get them. But you want people who are still stuck with the lower licenses to not have to compete against those who have higher licenses in order to gain the same license as them?

I don't get your logic.

No what i meant was that they could have more possibilty to gain points instead of getting a few points. With the better licensed racer on server they take a lot off points away from people who are trying to get a better license. Despite there efforts but a lake of experience. I dont mind that they are racing there, good thing sure, but in the same time they take the points away from lower licensed racers.

But like jake said they will end up down the road on the same server. But then they have a higher license and should be able to compete more.
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :Not true perse since they might not have been natural born racers. So the level they are at now is not really what they have raced against before.

In my experience, people who are going to be fast are fast straight away, or at least in a matter of months.

Quote from niels1 :With the better licensed racer on server they take a lot off points away from people who are trying to get a better license.

If those people were fast enough to deserve a better license, they would be beating the guys with the fancy licenses.
It's off topic, I know but
I can't believe this discussion, I hear people say "better drivers take my points away" Duhhhh
That's what this system is all about, Faster = more points !
If you want more points DRIVE FASTER !'
Wow
Quote from thisnameistaken :If those people were fast enough to deserve a better license, they would be beating the guys with the fancy licenses.

So what your saying is we should give up, not try, and just be happy being cannon fodder for the platinum drivers? We will always be down here at the bottom and not worry about the points at all because they are there for others not us? Your making me cry my friend!
So if a bronze driver wants points they have to be able to beat a platinum or gold racer on a consistant basis to get to a silver licence? And then to get to a gold license you have to beat the platinum and uberplatinum to get gold?
#60 - Nobo
Quote from thisnameistaken :In my experience, people who are going to be fast are fast straight away, or at least in a matter of months.

If those people were fast enough to deserve a better license, they would be beating the guys with the fancy licenses.

Quote from Demon68 :It's off topic, I know but

I can't believe this discussion, I hear people say "better drivers take my points away" Duhhhh

That's what this system is all about, Faster = more points !

If you want more points DRIVE FASTER !'

I agree with you in most of your points in this thread.
Why should clubman drivers with less skill (they cant beat the national drivers) be able to have a licence progress which is as fast as the guys they cant beat. So we need the racing/fastes lap time dependence in the points and national drivers should still be able to go to ss1.
What i have experienced is, you dont get the same amount of points then "clubman" driver, thats fair because thats the encouragment to go to ss2. But tbh if there are only 2-3 drivers on ss2 o wouldnt jpin there if there are 10+ drivers on ss1. Because racing begins for me with like 10+ people. Its just boring driving against 2-3 others.
The other thing what i experienced is, if you are clubman and there are a lot of nationals around and you beat them all, get fastest lap, + lap record, you earn a hell lot of points! More points as if you were just beating a few clubmans and didnt get into good time.
Points and licences shouldnt be given away just for drivers who spent there whole life on ctra-servers and still cant drive near the top-drivers. Thats sounds maybe a bit arrogant, but i think the licences are to show that you have a certain amount of skill and not just a certain amount of time spend on the server. The time always plays in there, but will much more effect if you ban all good drivers from the clubman server.
I think gold or higher should be forced to drive the XRG. just kidding.
Quote from Toddshooter :So what your saying is we should give up, not try, and just be happy being cannon fodder for the platinum drivers?

No. I'm saying you need to get the whole classification thing out of your head and race whoever's on the server. If you consistently beat them, then you'll get points. If not, you won't, and you don't deserve to be racing those same people on a different server until you improve.

Also, bear in mind that the old system used to give away points practically just for turning up, so a lot of those people with higher licenses got them just by running a lot of races every night. They're not necessarily uber-fast.

Quote from Toddshooter : So if a bronze driver wants points they have to be able to beat a platinum or gold racer on a consistant basis to get to a silver licence?

Surely everybody else who got a silver license did exactly that, no? Why should newcomers be given an easy ride?
todd honestly if youd spent half the time you posted here about how you should get more points for being slow(er) lapping to improve your times you wouldnt have a reason to post by now

and a big +1 to changing the name
Quote from thisnameistaken :

Also, bear in mind that the old system used to give away points practically just for turning up, so a lot of those people with higher licenses got them just by running a lot of races every night. They're not necessarily uber-fast.

Same way you have a higher licence than me you silly bugger

I think I should get a 4000 pts bonus just for finishing a race.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Same way you have a higher licence than me you silly bugger

Probably. I don't pretend to be a quick driver, but I don't remember spending a lot of time on the STCC servers, particularly. I think I drove on them a lot last december, which was the last time I had a lot of spare time available during hours when LFS servers are populated.
Quote from Toddshooter :So what your saying is we should give up, not try, and just be happy being cannon fodder for the platinum drivers? We will always be down here at the bottom and not worry about the points at all because they are there for others not us? Your making me cry my friend!

No, that's the opposite of what we're saying, we're saying that if you want to earn points you need to try harder and learn to go faster.

In my opinion you guys are approaching this problem from entirely the wrong angel. You are finding yourselves unable to get points because you are not fast enough to beat the leading drivers, so in order to solve that problem you are demanding the system is changed in your favour, to the detriment of the fast guys.

The thing is no fast driver had their pace just fall into their lap, no matter what anyone might think, they had to learn how to apply themselves to the task, push themselves to go faster and faster, they had to develop their skills and their abilities.

Why should the fast guys get punished because other people are not prepared to apply themselves with the same amount of effort?
Minimum of a bronze license before being allowed to SS1

I've seen so many drivers with very poor car control there lately that it's getting rather ridiculous at times.
When it comes to scoring points on the lower servers, I have to side with the higher licence = no points argument, and quite strongly too.

Suggesting that bronze & copper drivers aren't entitled to points scoring positions unless they beat the silver, gold, platinum and titanium drivers is a little rediculous, imho. Isn't the whole point of the Race 1 server to provide an environment for new or less skilled drivers?

Copper/bronze drivers should progress to the next level by going faster than the other copper/bronze drivers. And surely, if you're getting quick enough to beat the other copper/bronze racers, you're getting quick enough to compete at silver level. Isn't that the whole fundamental idea of the tiered servers? To allow racers to compete amongst their own level, and the better guys score points to move onto the next level?

Suggesting that new drivers have to be running at platinum pace in order to progress when the server has platinum guys on it is just the equivalent of raising a finger to all the new guys. "Hey you there, with the copper licence. Want a bronze one? Try getting another 30,000 miles of experience and a setup for every track before you dare think about that, muahahaha..."
Quote from Shotglass :todd honestly if youd spent half the time you posted here about how you should get more points for being slow(er) lapping to improve your times you wouldnt have a reason to post by now

I have to do something at work! They take a dim view of my steering wheel though, so I can't put in laps while I'm here.
We don't understand each other
Quote from DarkTimes :

In my opinion you guys are approaching this problem from entirely the wrong angel. You are finding yourselves unable to get points because you are not fast enough to beat the leading drivers, so in order to solve that problem you are demanding the system is changed in your favour, to the detriment of the fast guys.

I didn't say I wasn't getting points. I was talking about higher license drivers going onto server#1 the learning server. Why can't the platinum drivers get thier points on a higher server? I don't think bronze drivers should be competing for the same points as a platinum driver. I think you should look back through these post and find where I said it wasn't good for new drivers to race with more experienced drivers. You won't find it, because I think the oppisite and stated this in a previous post. It is good to race against them just not good for the points.

Quote :Why should the fast guys get punished because other people are not prepared to apply themselves with the same amount of effort?

How is a platinum driver getting punished by not getting points from beating 10 new drivers? If they are looking for a challenge and want to really race they will race people at their level. Correct?

This is getting like a conversation about religion by two or three people of differnt faiths. How about we just agree to disagree and move on? OK
Quote from STROBE :When it comes to scoring points on the lower servers, I have to side with the higher licence = no points argument, and quite strongly too.

Suggesting that bronze & copper drivers aren't entitled to points scoring positions unless they beat the silver, gold, platinum and titanium drivers is a little rediculous, imho. Isn't the whole point of the Race 1 server to provide an environment for new or less skilled drivers?

Copper/bronze drivers should progress to the next level by going faster than the other copper/bronze drivers. And surely, if you're getting quick enough to beat the other copper/bronze racers, you're getting quick enough to compete at silver level. Isn't that the whole fundamental idea of the tiered servers? To allow racers to compete amongst their own level, and the better guys score points to move onto the next level?

Suggesting that new drivers have to be running at platinum pace in order to progress when the server has platinum guys on it is just the equivalent of raising a finger to all the new guys. "Hey you there, with the copper licence. Want a bronze one? Try getting another 30,000 miles of experience and a setup for every track before you dare think about that, muahahaha..."

+1 to that!!!
Quote from teaz-R :Minimum of a bronze license before being allowed to SS1

I've seen so many drivers with very poor car control there lately that it's getting rather ridiculous at times.

personally i am a open wheeler, especially a BF1 lover (and there are not much guys, who love driving this beast ), so i'm very happy that the new X-System offers a special single seater licence (hopefully it will offer some future events, so you are able to drive the BF1 with full grids, perhaps without having done this long way to the International B license ). it would be a hell, if i image that i need to reach a license in a class i not prefer, with a lot of T1 crashes on the Race1 server. and if there are some guys like me outside, it would decrease the attractivity for this specialized license, i think.

and i totally aggree with STROBE
Quote from STROBE :Snip-- Isn't the whole point of the Race 1 server to provide an environment for new or less skilled drivers?

Copper/bronze drivers should progress to the next level by going faster than the other copper/bronze drivers. And surely, if you're getting quick enough to beat the other copper/bronze racers, you're getting quick enough to compete at silver level. Isn't that the whole fundamental idea of the tiered servers? To allow racers to compete amongst their own level, and the better guys score points to move onto the next level? --Snip

The main reason that higher level lic holders hog points in Race1 is not for easy points but imo is actually that there are quite a few people that like XFG + XRG racing alot (especially older LFS users from S1H days ) and the Race1 server is about the only place you can find that type of racing. Yes the tiered servers are geared to people obtaining higher lic and progressing to faster and better cars, but not everyone wants to drive the faster and better cars The Race1 server is suffering from its own success

Setup Race1A server with XFG + XRG for silver or perhaps even [Edit]bronze[/Edit] lic and above access. It can be restricted in points so its hard to progress to the higher Lic on this server, this would then encourage people to persue their higher lic by the prefered route but would also give somewhere for the die hard XFG/XRG drivers to race in a clean competitive environment with equal competitors
It would relieve the Race1 server somewhat from what is happening at the moment.

Not everyone that uses the CTRA system will aspire to Platinum Lic and racing in a league, in fact alot would be entering into the system just because its popular and offers racing in classes they like, with the possibility of some good racing.

One other idea is that the Race1A server could rotate a few different car classes also. Like STD, LX4 and LRF then you will keep alot of the vocal minorities happy
What I miss too is a reward for achieving bronze. What about restricting the XRG to Bronze and above drivers?
Quote from haelje :-1
personally i am a open wheeler, especially a BF1 lover (and there are not much guys, who love driving this beast ), so i'm very happy that the new X-System offers a special single seater licence (hopefully it will offer some future events, so you are able to drive the BF1 with full grids, perhaps without having done this long way to the International B license ). it would be a hell, if i image that i need to reach a license in a class i not prefer, with a lot of T1 crashes on the Race1 server. and if there are some guys like me outside, it would decrease the attractivity for this specialized license, i think.

and i totally aggree with STROBE

Ok let me put a little more effort into explaining my point.
There's been people "racing" in the FOX that seemed to have just bought S2. Driving around (and I do mean around) with their keyboard with no control what-so-ever of their racing machine. On top of this some have been struggling to even get the pitspeed limiter off?

With a slower, more simple car they could possibly develop some control over the car their driving even with a keyboard (no offence to those actually racing with one) and start to get a basic understanding of racecraft etc. The FOX is clearly too fast a car to learn the very basics.

I can't be arsed in starting to explain how to setup controllers or other game settings while I'm racing to someone who's clearly not done a single lap offline to sort them out.

X-System 1.4
(128 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG