The online racing simulator
Official: The new Audi RS6 Avant- 580HP
(48 posts, started )
Two words: Ugly Beast

Seriously though, i don't like the way it looks.
Quote from ans7812 :Two words: Ugly Beast

Seriously though, i don't like the way it looks.

Well, i can't argue with you on that matter, but if you are lucky enough to see one in person, i'm sure you'll like it Some cars (especially the A6 model range) look much better in flesh than on pic's. But that's my opinion anyways
#4 - JTbo
That is quite lot of power, how that will fit on green bandwagon?

It is sure ugly, but there is even more ugly cars, reducing grill size by 50-75% it would start to look bearable, some few changes here and there and it would look okay.

I like from colour of that one in pic.

Also could use that for work trips, might be bit better to overtake slow trucks and tractors than my current one (54bhp/tonne, that is around 18.3kg/hp)
Damn, it's beautifull! The interior.. damn, i could stay there all day..
The car itself, from a tech point, it amazing. It also looks very low key and very good IMO.
I just have issues with that much power and the need for a supercomputer to kepe it in check.
I'm a bit oldschool in terms of cars (the less computer gadgets the better for me...easier to tweak, work on)
Also, Audi has developed the BMW issue of completly removing the driver from the road. You don't feel anything but g-forces. I also dislike DSG. Not because it doesn't work. I just like my 3 peddals and a stick.
Amazing car, but not my cup of tea.
audi's... i love there overly complex technology and unique stlying... though there Very heavy i think by looking at that car alone its an instant classic
Would look alot better if it did'nt have those lights on the bottom and top of the headlights imo. Interior is the same quality as every other audi interior....superior. *looks at brake discs* Holy Shizzle!....
This should be one hell of a ride
Very refined looks, the interior's very driver-oriented, a V10 with a whooping 580HP, sounds good. The rims are nice too. One thing though, the headlamps make it look very 'sleepy' - they look like half-closed eyelids, haha.

Just noticed, the steering wheel is the one used on the R8, interior design is also quite similar to the R8.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Damn, it's beautifull! The interior.. damn, i could stay there all day..

I agree Boris, i don't understand how you can say that is ugly.. I really cannot, don't you just love the Silver strips that go all around the side windows Boris? hmmmm its sexy. I noticed the NEW BMW's are looking ALOT similar to Audis nowadays me thinks they trying to copy

Quote from gohfeld23 :You don't feel anything but g-forces. I also dislike DSG. Not because it doesn't work. I just like my 3 peddals and a stick.
Amazing car, but not my cup of tea.

Thats just it, this car is everyones cup of Tea your trying to make it out to be a Ferrari, Let me tell you, if this sounds anything like the last RS6 (and it certainly looks just as good), your not going to ****ing care about anything else!
Nice, and thats a hell of an engine, power is impressive at 580bhp, but look at the torque, 650nm between 1500-6250rpm, damn that thing will rip the tarmac off the road.
Quote from danowat :Nice, and thats a hell of an engine, power is impressive at 580bhp, but look at the torque, 650nm between 1500-6250rpm, damn that thing will rip the tarmac off the road.

The Bugatti Veryron was the end of an Era, the New Audi RS6 is the new Beginning of that SAME Era.
All it needs is The Stig to throw it around Top Gear test track.
I'll put money on it being totally souless, have over-servoed brakes, and lots of understeer (but a lot less than most Audis).

And it's ugly.

And it'll be slower than all it's competitors.

But at least it's not a Merc or a BMW, so I'd buy the Audi (out of the 3 marques) no question!
Well I have to say that generally I don't like Audis at all - as much because of the type of people that seem to drive them as well as the cars themselves.

But with the RS4 and now this RS6, I think they're fantastic. Love the subtle, Q-car looks (BMW lost the plot with the M cars imho when they started getting more scoops and flares and bulges with every new version), and if the handling of the RS6 is to it's class what the RS4 is, it'll be a cracking drive.

/me wants...
nice car but it all depends on heavy it is and what kind of suspension and general setup adjustments of the car. I really don't get it though, why not make it into at least a Saloon car like the way all the special BMWs (M5, M6) are saloons but with tons of power. I mean, putting a powerful engine like that in an estate seems totally pointless. Good engine, heavy car and probably not very good aerodynamic design.

I'm getting the feeling that the German car makers have hired some US engineers. I mean, look at some of the US's V8s. For example, the new Mustang GT, it has a nice 300 HP engine and probably tons of torque but throw it up against an Evo or an Impreza and they'll just eat it up because of its shite car setup and aerodynamic design.
Quote from Leprekaun :nice car but it all depends on heavy it is and what kind of suspension and general setup adjustments of the car. I really don't get it though, why not make it into at least a Saloon car like the way all the special BMWs (M5, M6) are saloons but with tons of power. I mean, putting a powerful engine like that in an estate is like demanding Raikkonen to win races when he's in a Spyker. Good engine, heavy car and probably not very good aerodynamic design.

I was under the impression that estate cars were actually aerodynamically cleaner than saloons. And they're not usually that much heavier than a saloon. The RS6 seems to be heavy though (according to the gossip and some links on the RS6 forum) - 2000kg is being suggested which is significantly more than its' rivals, I think. Might be wrong, though. Makes sense though, if it's carrying a 4WD system that can handle nearly 600bhp, whereas the other two are RWD.
Well, the RS4 is AWD so I'm sure it could handle the same power as the RS6. The RS4 has 420 HP which is pretty good . My advice is, throw the RS6 Avant engine into the RS4 and you've got yourself a proper Audi .

ah, the RS4, beautiful car really

true about the rs4 there

i guess audi is not putting the engine of the new rs6 into the saloon version as they want to go back to the roots of the rs series - fast estates.

iirc i once read somewhere that the new rs6´s and rs4´s most likely only will be released as estates, no saloon versions.
Even when ugly it would still be fun to drive the family around the 'ring in one.
Quote from Biohazard :true about the rs4 there

i guess audi is not putting the engine of the new rs6 into the saloon version as they want to go back to the roots of the rs series - fast estates.

iirc i once read somewhere that the new rs6´s and rs4´s most likely only will be released as estates, no saloon versions.

Who cares for saloons? Seriously. Estates LOOK cooler, if weight wasn't an issue they would be FASTER. You can fit more in them, and... just the ... theres something different that makes Estates cooler, almost purely the extra practicality just gives itself kudos
And often slightly better aerodynamics.
Quote from Leprekaun :
I'm getting the feeling that the German car makers have hired some US engineers.

The twinturbo V10 is very similar to the one that sits in the Gallardo, so its more a Italian job

I got the impression that the US may can build rockets quite well, but never got a good start on cars
Wow, beautiful looking car IMO, that's sexy!

I see an Audi RS4 sometimes being driven like it should, sounds so damn nice popping up the gears.

(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG