The online racing simulator
Official: The new Audi RS6 Avant- 580HP
(48 posts, started )
i bet thats the new pace car for Most big race events
Quote from Bawbag :Wow, beautiful looking car IMO, that's sexy!

I see an Audi RS4 sometimes being driven like it should, sounds so damn nice popping up the gears.

Your a good man Bawbag, your a good man!
Quote from tristancliffe :I'll put money on it being totally souless, have over-servoed brakes, and lots of understeer (but a lot less than most Audis).

And it's ugly.

And it'll be slower than all it's competitors.

I agree. Maybe not with the brakes, but surely about the understeer issue. It has 580bhp, but it weighs two tonnes!
Quote from hrtburnout :I agree. Maybe not with the brakes, but surely about the understeer issue. It has 580bhp, but it weighs two tonnes!

it weights two toones but it dont lose traction , its got a good weight spred and not to mention the rs accl....

that car would leave most cars for dead
Quote from theirishnoob :it weights two toones but it dont lose traction , its got a good weight spred and not to mention the rs accl....

that car would leave most cars for dead

Ben, even the RS4 understeers, so if this car is heavier, and bigger, it WILL understeer, all bloody audis do. Even the normal V8 A6.
And are you starting about that "will leave most cars for dead." crap again? You thought a pug 205 would leave a lambo gallardo for dead ffs.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Ben, even the RS4 understeers, so if this car is heavier, and bigger, it WILL understeer, all bloody audis do. Even the normal V8 A6.
And are you starting about that "will leave most cars for dead." crap again? You thought a pug 205 would leave a lambo gallardo for dead ffs.

nathan... firstly.. of a kid who joins and follows people on purpose.. i wouldnt have much to talk about with you cause.. well i just dont repsect you enough..

as for the rs6 understeering... changing your driving style , it solves that issue striaght away

as for the pug...

ofcourse you can , lamboghinis and its italain borthers are Famous for there top speed but lose every race cause lambos mainly have a very long first to try and combat tyre spin but even its fairly advance 4wd isnt enough to save it , hence why when you buy a pug, go to a rally scrap yard and salvage a half decent 1.9 with a shell , tranny and all the crap you need to get it running , reduce the first gear slightly and increase the fourth and before you know it yougot 0-60 in around about 5's with a top speed of 110 ( 110 is Alot when on city street and not on a track where the lambo is more at home.. )

also please dont start start with " its a super car " bullshit or " is german ". i see lambos every day , ive even been in one but pugs or even lancers if you can afford the overpriced lumps of **** will beat the hell out of it once you know what your doing..

also i wanna see that rs6 race a bmw m5... would be intreasting results
Quote from theirishnoob :nathan... firstly.. of a kid who joins and follows people on purpose.. i wouldnt have much to talk about with you cause.. well i just dont repsect you enough..

as for the rs6 understeering... changing your driving style , it solves that issue striaght away

as for the pug...

ofcourse you can , lamboghinis and its italain borthers are Famous for there top speed but lose every race cause lambos mainly have a very long first to try and combat tyre spin but even its fairly advance 4wd isnt enough to save it , hence why when you buy a pug, go to a rally scrap yard and salvage a half decent 1.9 with a shell , tranny and all the crap you need to get it running , reduce the first gear slightly and increase the fourth and before you know it yougot 0-60 in around about 5's with a top speed of 110 ( 110 is Alot when on city street and not on a track where the lambo is more at home.. )

also please dont start start with " its a super car " bullshit or " is german ". i see lambos every day , ive even been in one but pugs or even lancers if you can afford the overpriced lumps of **** will beat the hell out of it once you know what your doing..

also i wanna see that rs6 race a bmw m5... would be intreasting results

omg ben, even if you do all thet bodgy crap to the pug, it still wont leave a lambo for dead, a gallardo does 0-60 in about 4.5 seconds, which is fast. And the RS6 will understeer at some point, as the front on this is very heavy. Anyway, i dont have time for this, im going to school. Have a nice day at school too ben. Oh wait, judging by your grammar, it looks like you dont goto school.

Edit: btw, i was following you because i was laughing my ass off at your driving
Ugly? This car is one of the most beautiful new cars I had seen...
Quote from theirishnoob :as for the rs6 understeering... changing your driving style , it solves that issue striaght away

Well, nobody can exactly change their driving style completely. I mean, I know that if I don't have a setup that makes the car either suffer from slight understeer (I like to have some rear brake bias to help me turn in and then feel confident to hit the power when some of the understeer kicks in ) or if the setup is neutral (just bites into the apex, no oversteer, no understeer, just bites into the apex) which is what I like the car to do most.

You can adjust your driving style but its more about adaptation and not changing your way of thinking about how you want the car to react under certain situations. You still think the same but you usually have a bit of conscious thought like "Well, the car understeers a bit too much for my liking, wait till it bites in" or "It oversteers too much, must be gentle with my applications and use minimal lock". That kind of thing but you can't go from having Senna's(R.I.P.) throttle stabbing technique to having Schumacher's ultra smooth throttle modulation .

Also, there is one major factor and thats how long you've been using a particular driving style. I'll give you an example of what I mean. When I used to race in the 2007 R4R Stock Cup where I drove an XRT, I loved the car and it seemed to love me too but after practicing for a while, my throttle technique started to change quite drastically. I'm a NA man really, FZR, Single Seaters, they're my kind of cars so I was used to using the throttle modulation technique for quite some time but when I got used to the turbo in the XRT, I started being more aggressive with the throttle where I started to understand exactly when I was getting full boost from the turbo so I would hit the throttle hard and just let the boost build up while when I'd be driving the FO8 or FZR, I would put the power down smoothly. Anyway, point of the story is that after I raced in that league, I couldn't drive the NA cars properly. I'd always be exiting slow corners, having to do a slight correction because I hit the throttle too hard. Thankfully, its fixed now but point is that when you're used to driving in a certain way for a long time, its very hard to change it and then if you do, usually, hard to revert back. Thats how I felt anyway.

So my advice, head down to the Audi factory or call them up and tell them to change the car setup to suit your driving style more
Quote from theirishnoob :nathan... firstly.. of a kid who joins and follows people on purpose.. i wouldnt have much to talk about with you cause.. well i just dont repsect you enough..

We don't respect you either, as you don't have the first clue about... well, anything
Quote from theirishnoob :as for the rs6 understeering... changing your driving style , it solves that issue striaght away

Blimey - you should be employed in F1 with insightful comments like that. Bet your Impreza never understeered, what with the downforce a roofvent gave you, and you magically changing driving style
Quote from theirishnoob :as for the pug...

ofcourse you can , lamboghinis and its italain borthers are Famous for there top speed but lose every race cause lambos mainly have a very long first to try and combat tyre spin but even its fairly advance 4wd isnt enough to save it , hence why when you buy a pug, go to a rally scrap yard and salvage a half decent 1.9 with a shell , tranny and all the crap you need to get it running , reduce the first gear slightly and increase the fourth and before you know it yougot 0-60 in around about 5's with a top speed of 110 ( 110 is Alot when on city street and not on a track where the lambo is more at home.. )[quote]You, sir, haven't got a clue have you? Really, all that comes out of your mouth is a desire too look clever, but all that happens is we think you've never even touched a real car, let alone know anything about them.
[quote=theirishnoob;543637]also please dont start start with " its a super car " bullshit or " is german ". i see lambos every day , ive even been in one but pugs or even lancers if you can afford the overpriced lumps of **** will beat the hell out of it once you know what your doing...

Of course supercars aren't beatable. On a tight twisty road something light will nearly always win.

Wow, you've been in a Lambo? How cool. I've owned (or rather, my Dad has) and driven Miuras, Diablos, Countaches (but not a Jalpa or Espada, which saddens me). But in a conversation like this sitting one, driving one or whatever means feck all. Besides, Lamborghini didn't actually make a 'good' car until the Audi days, by which time they were as dull as ditchwater.

[quote=theirishnoob;543637]also i wanna see that rs6 race a bmw m5... would be intreasting results[/quote]Yes, very interesting. The M5 would probably win, but the Audi wouldn't be too far back. Over 5 laps. Over 100 laps the BMW would lap the Audi many many times.
#37 - JTbo
Lambo or Audi badge, they do burn same way
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :omg ben, even if you do all thet bodgy crap to the pug, it still wont leave a lambo for dead, a gallardo does 0-60 in about 4.5 seconds, which is fast. And the RS6 will understeer at some point, as the front on this is very heavy. Anyway, i dont have time for this, im going to school. Have a nice day at school too ben. Oh wait, judging by your grammar, it looks like you dont goto school.

Edit: btw, i was following you because i was laughing my ass off at your driving

bodgy ?? maybe but id have no problem buying an ex rally car and spending every waking minute redoing its set-up as to ensure that it will run good enough for me to drive it ( as well as some new slicks ) and giving any lambo a run because , city roads are not made for racing... the 205 is ( well was made to destroy the Renault 5 and lancia's )

as for 0-60 times.. you know that they are done in un realistic conditions right ?? because even on a perfect day id say that car would struggle to get to 60 in 4.7 plus i think you missed the part where i said " you overtake the lambo and keep going... the driver wont know what hit him... id bet he wouldn't even bne able to read your number plate "

rs6 is heavy like all audis but its got s*** loads of tourge so it will never give you any issues... also because its heavy it will understeer but every car understeers ( to a certin degree )

i do go to school but i spend more time study how to take over the world business market then grammer

And i think its kinda sad that when im driving the uf1 you have to annoy me in xfr ( though i escaped you for 20 secs thanks to my 30-35 fps if im lucky )
#40 - JTbo
So are you saying it should be tested in LFS so that test would be made in realistic conditions?

Gallardo should do 0-62mph in 3.9 seconds according to British car show.
The amount of under-aged experts in this forum is staggering.
I guess my teens were completely wasted in knowing jack shit much like the rest of the years that followed them.
Quote from theirishnoob :bodgy ?? maybe but id have no problem buying an ex rally car and spending every waking minute redoing its set-up as to ensure that it will run good enough for me to drive it ( as well as some new slicks ) and giving any lambo a run because , city roads are not made for racing... the 205 is ( well was made to destroy the Renault 5 and lancia's )

as for 0-60 times.. you know that they are done in un realistic conditions right ?? because even on a perfect day id say that car would struggle to get to 60 in 4.7 plus i think you missed the part where i said " you overtake the lambo and keep going... the driver wont know what hit him... id bet he wouldn't even bne able to read your number plate "

rs6 is heavy like all audis but its got s*** loads of tourge so it will never give you any issues... also because its heavy it will understeer but every car understeers ( to a certin degree )

i do go to school but i spend more time study how to take over the world business market then grammer

And i think its kinda sad that when im driving the uf1 you have to annoy me in xfr ( though i escaped you for 20 secs thanks to my 30-35 fps if im lucky )

None of what you wrote makes sense or has truth behind it. Please, from now on, only contribute to threads you have a clue about, like cakes. Cars, technical and "The World Market" are all out of bounds.
#43 - AJS
Quote from Boris Lozac :Damn, it's beautifull! The interior.. damn, i could stay there all day..

Its still the old design they are upgrading to some new designs and plattform sharing which is introduced in the new A5. Actually the current A5 already got it.

http://cars.about.com/od/audi/ ... 2008-Audi-A5-interior.htm

This is much nicer imo.

I did drive for Audi for one year and can say pretty boring cars to drive compared to BMW. Yeah and i also drove the RS4 RS6 etc well anything except R8 and on the BMW side M6 etc...

I wont drive the new RS6 so i cant comment on that one.

Maybe it will be a bit more fun to drive.

I stick with "Sheer driving pleasure"
theirishnoob you can't say its in Unrealistic conditions or what not, because if thats the case, its the same with the PUG, that will be tested in the same way, so either way, the Lambo is still faster.

You have never been in a Peugeot or Lamborghini of any kind, ON the limit. My dads mates VW beetle does 0-60 in 2.9, 4.5 is EASILY possible, its not some unrealistic number.
2.9 is
but possible.... Ill scan the timing ticket next time he makes a pass or take a photograph of it. Drag racing timing beams HAVE to be best in the world or the sport would become invalid.
I don't think a VW Beetle will ever do 0-60 in 2.9 seconds, unless it's SERIOUSLY modified, in which case it isn't really a VW Beetle.
Quote from tristancliffe :I don't think a VW Beetle will ever do 0-60 in 2.9 seconds, unless it's SERIOUSLY modified, in which case it isn't really a VW Beetle.

It still has a flat4 engine, with a porsche fan on the top of the block, running on a cleaner alternative to Unleaded, its tuned to 500bhp something like that, other engines have been tuned to 1000bhp, No, not with an ECU. Its a 74 i believe, search him, hes called Russ Fellows. Infact, ill save you the trouble, ill go on a website,
EDIT:

Thats 1 timing ticket, but it doesn't give you the 0-60 mph reading, ill search for more stuff

EDIT : 2 This guy runs 8's and he is in the same Class as Russ.
http://www.eurodragster.com/ ... ctures/thursday/pic27.htm

Final Edit : http://www.volkszone.co.uk/VZi/showthread.php?t=394279
Here read how people talk about Russ, yes, the car is a legend..

Official: The new Audi RS6 Avant- 580HP
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG