The online racing simulator
top speeds
(366 posts, started )
Doing 260kph in a car you're not used to in the night with some friends beside you you want to impress is probably the dumbest thing you can do on the autobahn.

I did 180kph in our old 1.9 non-turbo diesel slipstreaming behind a A6 Avant. Our new Golf Plus 1.4 petrol only did 170kph. With my dads A6 (and him beside me) I once drove 210kph
120 Kph in a Kart, and 70-80 on a minibike (no not some chinese crap)
I've done 999mph, but that was in a XRR...
200 mph in an SLR on 287 north lol
Where'd you get a SLR?

90MPH in a X5 on 287...not sure whether it was North or South.
I hit 130 mph a few times WITHOUT a car or motorbike...all I had was the clothes I stood up in.

(and a parachute! )
Quote from MINIz guy :Where'd you get a SLR?

90MPH in a X5 on 287...not sure whether it was North or South.

At ray catena i have a lot of friends
fastest ive gone is about 158 in a bmw m5 on the m50 ( middle of the night )

but ive gone 120 in a pug 205 on a circuit

Quote from e2mustang :At ray catena i have a lot of friends

i have alot of friends with fast cars but none of them trust Me enough to let me drive there car
Quote from theirishnoob :i have alot of friends with fast cars but none of them trust Me enough to let me drive there car

Thats because your 15.
Ray Catena is a dealership, probably took the SLR out on a test drive.

My friend's dad has a few friends as he advertises dealerships on billboards, I went with them to see Paul Miller's Porsche and Bently/Rolls Royce/Ferrari dealer. They got a Cayenne for cheap that day.
Ye catena is a dealership and service,my workmate was working on a racing slr,he changed brake rotors(guess how much is 1 rotor,not 2,wont believe:17 000 $ 1 piece :jawdrop: ) than he brought to my shop to show,than we went on roadtest
Only around 170km/h in a Nissan Primera. It didn't go any faster.
I've done 140mph in my mates v6 Probe. I wasn't driving obviously.

No one has beaten my 999mph
I find it strange, that mod`s haven`t closed this topic yet. This topic encurrages you to post your "PB high speed", I don`t give a damn if it`s on the autobahn or whatever, it`s silly and stupid to have a topic like this.
I feel sorry for you people that brag about going over 200 kmh on public road, I really do, and people like you are the people that kills most people in traffic each years. Speed kills, but most of you are too busy of getting "wooow thats fast, my I touch you?" comments, instead of thinking of responsibiity,

- 1 for the LFS moderators that closes topics that should be open, but let people encurage eachother to drive like maniacs on public road
+
- 1 for everyone that has came in this topic and bragged about it.

And you probally want to know why I`m upseth by things like this?
Well, I`v lost people I cared about because some idiot drivers desided to test his car to max, something he didn`t have controll over, and then crashed and killed a innocent human. I bet that 90% of you people in this topic that brags about going 2 or even 300 km/h on the road doesn`t really have the knowlege or skills to do so, and you really should care more about your and other lives in the traffic. You belive you have controll..yea sure, but you don`t have that, it`s a false beliving you have in your head "I can master this car now, I can drive 300 kmh if I want, if I get a slide I simply just straightens up the car and everything is fine".

Now, please close this topic, and some of you should look at some statestics over people killed in traffic and start thinking over responsibilities, if you want to go fast - pay some bucks to go to a racing track that is suited for actions like that, but don`t drive like shit in traffic.

:thumbsdow
Strange post imho VeryEnd. LFSForum is a kind of motorsport enthusiasm forum so I can´t see what problems you have. As I sayd before in germany there is no speedlimit on some highways so maybe that is the reason why I don´t have any problem with people who are driving fast. Every day when I drive to work several cars passes me with more then 200 km/h (because thats the speed I drove in the morning to get to the job). Most of them are driving with there headlights on so you can see them come early. IMO these persons (mostly) know what they are doing and in statistics our autobahn-roads are the savest roads in germany. A problem can be persons who are not paying attention when they starts overtaking (a lorry f.e.) without watching the mirrors carefully.
Driving: Focus, indicated 113mph, reckon it was really about 108
Driven: 135mph Audi A4 on the same stretch of road/130mph BMW E36 touring (complete with roof box) @ the 'ring

Doing the ton an hour after passing my test wasn't bad but in all honestly driving fast in a straight line soon gets very boring and is rather risky (for your license), would rather a twisty bumpy lane anyday.
#67 - Jakg
Quote from The Very End :I feel sorry for you people that brag about going over 200 kmh on public road, I really do, and people like you are the people that kills most people in traffic each years. Speed kills, but most of you are too busy of getting "wooow thats fast, my I touch you?" comments, instead of thinking of responsibiity

Speed does NOT kill, irresponsibility kills, stupidity kills. Schumacher at 150 mph is a lot safer than some chav in a Nova at 100 who "drive it like you stole it y0!". People who think they can drive well are the worst drivers, in a recent survey in the US 3 out of 4 drivers said they were above average drivers! Most boy racers can't control a skid when it happens, but think they can, and as such enter a corner "on the limit" and end up going way over the limit.

Just because i've done a lot of Karting or 28,000 miles in LFS doesn't mean i'll never crash, but chances are i A. Won't think i'm "Gods gift" and do COMPLETELY stupid things at the wheel and B. Have the confidence to correct the car incase something goes wrong, rather than freeze up (something like 1 / 4 drivers in the UK don't know the difference between oversteer/understeer and how to correct it), but it DOES mean that i'm less likely to try and do 400 mph into a blind bend

My $.02 (which my handy currency conversion program is telling me that $.02 = £0.00 due to rounding, so technically my opinion is worthless - ignore me! )
170mph on my mates tuned zx9-r

on a 40mph limit country road
Quote from The Very End :I find it strange, that mod`s haven`t closed this topic yet. This topic encurrages you to post your "PB high speed", I don`t give a damn if it`s on the autobahn or whatever, it`s silly and stupid to have a topic like this.
I feel sorry for you people that brag about going over 200 kmh on public road, I really do, and people like you are the people that kills most people in traffic each years. Speed kills, but most of you are too busy of getting "wooow thats fast, my I touch you?" comments, instead of thinking of responsibiity,

- 1 for the LFS moderators that closes topics that should be open, but let people encurage eachother to drive like maniacs on public road
+
- 1 for everyone that has came in this topic and bragged about it.

And you probally want to know why I`m upseth by things like this?
Well, I`v lost people I cared about because some idiot drivers desided to test his car to max, something he didn`t have controll over, and then crashed and killed a innocent human. I bet that 90% of you people in this topic that brags about going 2 or even 300 km/h on the road doesn`t really have the knowlege or skills to do so, and you really should care more about your and other lives in the traffic. You belive you have controll..yea sure, but you don`t have that, it`s a false beliving you have in your head "I can master this car now, I can drive 300 kmh if I want, if I get a slide I simply just straightens up the car and everything is fine".

Now, please close this topic, and some of you should look at some statestics over people killed in traffic and start thinking over responsibilities, if you want to go fast - pay some bucks to go to a racing track that is suited for actions like that, but don`t drive like shit in traffic.

:thumbsdow

Speed doesn't kill. It never has, and likely never will.
Going fast is, statistically, safer than going slow.
You don't have to keep up - there is no peer pressure. No one, to my knowledge, has gone out and set their 'pbs' in light of this thread.
This topic isn't that bad that a moderator has to stop it. If you don't like reading what other people have done then don't. We're not insulting people, inciting religious hatred/debate, or being political. We're just saying how fast we've gone. Some lucky ones have gone fast. Other, less lucky people like me, haven't gone so fast. We didn't kill anyone on the way. Our actions harmed no-one. We were all either as responsible as we could be (finding quiet roads, or even waiting for a race-track, though most aren't long enough to get near a car's top speed), or passangers.

Perhaps you would also like to shout at grannies who go slowly, causing desperate people behind to attempt dangerous overtaking moves. This kills more people per year than people simply driving their cars between the speed limits and what the car was designed to be capable of.

Perhaps you would like to shout at tyre companies, who kill more people with blow-outs per year than people who speed.

Perhaps you'd like to go into politics where, in England, misconceptions like speed-humps, traffic calming, road constrictions and speed camera are flung at us left, right and centre, ignoring the fact that NONE improve road safety, and many increase the number of accidents, damage to the environment.

Perhaps you would like to think sensibly before posting here. What is the fastest you have ever gone in a car?
Quote from tristancliffe :Speed doesn't kill. It never has, and likely never will.
Going fast is, statistically, safer than going slow.
You don't have to keep up - there is no peer pressure. No one, to my knowledge, has gone out and set their 'pbs' in light of this thread.
This topic isn't that bad that a moderator has to stop it. If you don't like reading what other people have done then don't. We're not insulting people, inciting religious hatred/debate, or being political. We're just saying how fast we've gone. Some lucky ones have gone fast. Other, less lucky people like me, haven't gone so fast. We didn't kill anyone on the way. Our actions harmed no-one. We were all either as responsible as we could be (finding quiet roads, or even waiting for a race-track, though most aren't long enough to get near a car's top speed), or passangers.

Perhaps you would also like to shout at grannies who go slowly, causing desperate people behind to attempt dangerous overtaking moves. This kills more people per year than people simply driving their cars between the speed limits and what the car was designed to be capable of.

Perhaps you would like to shout at tyre companies, who kill more people with blow-outs per year than people who speed.

Perhaps you'd like to go into politics where, in England, misconceptions like speed-humps, traffic calming, road constrictions and speed camera are flung at us left, right and centre, ignoring the fact that NONE improve road safety, and many increase the number of accidents, damage to the environment.

Perhaps you would like to think sensibly before posting here. What is the fastest you have ever gone in a car?

Well to answer that question, 90 km/h, when I passed a car, thats the most I have driven.

What Jagk says is important here, responsibilities, and I see that you tristancliffe doesn`t care at all. Speed kills, just look at a collision, often had some lower speed helped the people to survive, but ok I will not debatt about it here since it only end up in a flamefest since most of you really don`t care, but thats ok.
I at least hope you have a little feeling about responsibility when you drive over 2, 300 km/h. If you feel and know that you can handle it, also when it comes to an emergency situation, well then I guess it`s fine.

:bananadea
Quote from The Very End :Well to answer that question, 90 km/h, when I passed a car, thats the most I have driven.

What Jagk says is important here, responsibilities, and I see that you tristancliffe doesn`t care at all. Speed kills, just look at a collision, often had some lower speed helped the people to survive, but ok I will not debatt about it here since it only end up in a flamefest since most of you really don`t care, but thats ok.
I at least hope you have a little feeling about responsibility when you drive over 2, 300 km/h. If you feel and know that you can handle it, also when it comes to an emergency situation, well then I guess it`s fine.

The National Speed limit in the UK is 100km/h. Any less than this will endanger other road users, as they try to pass the granny in front. A common misconception is that excess speed can lead to accidents. It is in fact INAPPROPRIATE speed, above or below the speed limits than can result in and/or cause accidents.

To say I don't care at all is missing the facts. I am well aware of the dangers on public roads. Driving a car, at any road speed, is the most dangerous thing we do each day (99.9% of the time), yet we only 'worry' when speeds get above the arbitrary government imposed limits which have little to do with car or driver abilities.

I am well aware of the dangers. As you may or may not know, my brother was killing in him MG Midget on the way to our Amateur Dramatics group in 2001. I was ahead of him at the time, saw the whole thing in my mirrors, was first on the scene (sprinting back down the road), first on the phone to the emergency services, first to lift up the canvas soft-top to see if he was alive, and I was the one outcast by my family for 'causing the accident' (we were below the posted speed-limit). I know only too well the dangers of motor-vehicles. I also know that excess speed is NOT a factor in most accidents. Cars are capable of about twice the corner speed 99% of people throw at them. Accidents are caused by drivers not anticipating traffic/mechanical failures etc, not by driving fast.

The fact that you have never gone faster than 55mph on public roads (i.e. granny speed) means you have less comprehension of what speed can do, how to react to it, and how other people manage it. I dare say that makes you one of the most dangerous road users in this thread.
#72 - JTbo
Quote from The Very End :Well to answer that question, 90 km/h, when I passed a car, thats the most I have driven.

Do you have how much driving experience? I'm asking because it is typically those that have driven less that state speed accident things such way.

If you have accident at 30kph we can always say that you could get away less if you would driven in 20kph.

There is speedlimits which means nothing really, then there is safe speed to current situation which is everything, there has to be left some safe margins etc.

I have driven around 2 Million kilometers, I would say that I have somewhat experience and understanding of traffic and accidents.
Yes, speed itself doesn't kill, it's the things you drive into when going fast. Two of my good friends died in a collision with a bridge construction, when doing 180 kmh (111 mph). They both loved LFS as well. The date was 09.08.07.

I didn't want to post this...sorry
#74 - Jakg
Quote from The Very End :What Jagk says is important here, responsibilities, and I see that you tristancliffe doesn`t care at all. Speed kills, just look at a collision, often had some lower speed helped the people to survive, but ok I will not debatt about it here since it only end up in a flamefest since most of you really don`t care, but thats ok.

Erm, dont twist what i said to disagree with Tristan, i was actually agreeing with him.

You can have fatal accidents at 30 MPH, i'm saying that ALL speeds are dangerous, and the most dangerous drivers are not those that drive fast, but those that drive faster than they can react to.
Fastest Driven by someone else is 155 MPH in an E-Type Jag (totally reconed by my Dad) was on a quite deserted road with recon run first (used to do them almost weekly at one stage )

Fastest I've driven is 200km/h in a VL Commodore for about 10 minutes down a feeway at 2am 18 years ago, would have gone faster but the car couldn't keep up and I was young and reckless.

Fastest over distance is average speed approx 120km/h over 400km distance (highest speeds 160-170), on two lane winding country roads, it was new years eve and I only passed about 2 trucks and 2 cars the entire journy. Over a shorter distance I have done average of 140km/h for 100km trip (highest speeds 180-190) - funny thing was on the return trip I got booked for doing 13km/h over

Longest stint is from top end of Australia (Kununurra) to bottom (Perth) in 36 hrs including fuel and rest breaks.

I agree with others that say speed by itself doesn't kill, it's speed in combination with many other factors that kills. I.e. alcohol, friends in car, unexpected event on road, reckless driving, etc

In all the circumstances I've listed I didn't feel that unsafe, but I have felt far more unsafe at substaintially lower speeds. One was in a fully hotted up car that was a rocket but wasn't designed from ground up to drive those speeds, so felt intirely unsafe when driven fast around the suburbs. Another is driving fast and or reklessly in heavy traffic. I've been in cars driven by people that drive like that and they are bloody idiots imo

These days I rarely go more than 5-8km above speed limit. Only times I do more is overtaking traffic or trucks out on country roads. My wife drives faster than me now days

Having said all that I also know that I have had luck on my side several times in my life... especially with animals in the middle of roads at wee hours of the morning hundreds of kilometers from nowhere.

top speeds
(366 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG