The online racing simulator
Giving blood
(34 posts, started )
I haven`t given any blood yet, simply because it hasn`t come to my mind. But when you see how usefull, and seeing that lot of pople need it, you find a bounch of good reasons to give blood.
I will give when I`m with a hospital, shame the closest one is over 1 hour from where I live...
#27 - STF
i did not give blood either - yet. i wanted to do it, a few years ago but i kind of forgotten. over here we`re also getting paid for it , i don`t know how much but i`m sure it`s symbolical. that wasn`t sufficient to influence me, but this was:
Quote from tristancliffe :
Give blood. Because tomorrow someone you love might need it.

i`ll let you know in a couple of days
I've donated 10 times so far. I started less than two years ago, and there's a minimum of 60 days between donations in Finland (90 days for women). I try to go there as often as possible. My hemoglobin level is always around 165-180mg/l so there's no reason not to.

And of course I get a free cup of coffee and a sandwich everytime :P
I've been giving blood since I was 18, the minimum age you need to do it in Spain.

It saves lives, makes me feel good.
Quote from Eldanor :I've been giving blood since I was 18, the minimum age you need to do it in Spain.

Same here.

Btw, nobody complained about the smell of it yet!
Quote from thisnameistaken :Those of you who aren't ineligible to give blood for any reason, but for some other reason don't give blood - why not? Can't find the time? Don't like mechanical vampire apparatus sucking blood out of you?

I´m just a lazy son of a bitch.
Quote from tristancliffe :I give blood - over 25 times now

I personally believe that the only excuses are medical ones, that you fill in on the form (or get informed by a doctor). Being worried about needles isn't a fair excuse in my book (no offence Niki), because one day when you are receiving blood whilst you are trapped in a car as they cut you free you will fall in love with life-bringing needles.

Give blood. Because tomorrow someone you love might need it.

I've allways thought about giving blood and often wonder why I don't hear or see much of it around here.

So anyway I clicked the link to see when the next session of blood giving is in my area and the closest one is 77.1 miles away in Gretna, how nice.

So that's my exuse, I don't actually know if i'm of a eligable age to have blood taken but I know that if I could just nip out somewhere 'relatively' close then i'd be more than happy to try.
I think I could accept over an hours drive as a reasonable excuse. Just
id probably give blood, (i ticked the organ donor thing on my provisional license application), but unfortunately my mother has porpheria and i havent been tested myself so i probably wouldnt be allowed as neither of my siblings have it so theres a fair chance i might.

Giving blood
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG