The online racing simulator
CoRe Driver Development Team
(93 posts, started )

CoRe Racing, one of North America's most experienced LFS teams, is pleased to announce the forming of a new division: CDDT: CoRe Driver Development Team!

The aim of CDDT is simple: provide the younger and inexperienced LFS drivers with a team environment led and supported by experienced LFS drivers. Are we doing this just to find more members for CoRe Racing? Certainly not. CoRe racing has been active in the LFS community for over 2 years, and several of its members date their LFS activity back to the launch of S1. Having completed over 32,600 races (more than two thirds of the time on the podium), the experienced racers in CoRe Racing would like to give back and help the newer North American LFS S2 license holders develop their racing skills in a team environment that is focused solely on racing, without the worries of team leadership and resources. In fact, when a driver feels they have gained enough experience and knowledge from the CDDT, we will encourage them to venture out into the LFS community and pursue opportunities with a team of their choosing.

How do you benefit from this? CDDT members will enjoy the benefits of access to CoRe Racing's two 47-slot LFS servers, our 25-slot Ventrilo server, and a private section on the team’s forums where the drivers can communicate with each other and CoRe team members. From time to time, members of CoRe Racing will be available to assist drivers in learning proper driving techniques and car setup, including some specially scheduled training sessions. In addition, we will host a few events for these drivers using the lower powered cars to evaluate development, and provide a quality racing event format for these drivers to experience the more sophisticated environment of organized event and league racing, where proper racecraft is required.

CDDT members will wear a special “CDDT.Racername” tag while racing to show their affiliation with the team Also, a special, "one-skin-fits-all-members" car skin will be provided for each LFS car, except for the extreme high-performance cars like the FO8, BF1, GTR's (FXR, XRR, FZR), and the LX6. Once the drivers learn and display proper car control on the more traditional road cars and lowered powered competition cars, additional skins will be provided as the move up to the higher performance racing machines.

As CDDT members progress with racing and team leadership skills, one or more will be designated as a co-leader of the CoRe Driver Development Team. CDDT leadership will give drivers a chance to experience the duties and responsibilities required to run a LFS team, including regulating undesirable behavior by other CDDT members. The goal here is to eventually give one or more CDDT members the skills needed to run the CDDT team independently of CoRe Racing leaders' supervision, or go on to create and run their own LFS team.

What do we expect from a CDDT driver? CDDT drivers will be held to conduct and driving standards that will teach them how to enjoy a meaningful LFS experience. Each CDDT driver will be expected to conduct him/herself in a courteous, respectful, and non-combatant manner at all times, whether it is in a race server, on any forums, or on VOIP. To ensure accountability, CoRe Racing team leaders have setup a regulated, public section on the CoRe Forums for the LFS community to report undesirable behavior (w/ replays) so that we can monitor and regulate driver conduct.

What is required to join CDDT? Potential CDDT drivers must be older than 14 years old, but generally will be younger than 18 years old, but the max age is not a strict limit. However, CDDT is primarily focused on the relatively inexperienced drivers: those with less than 10,000 miles and/or 250 finished races. Drivers with proper racing equipment are preferred, as CoRe feels that keyboards and gamepads do not give drivers the platform to learn proper racing techniques. Also, any driver that is currently on a LFS team will not be considered.

How do you join? Since most of the new and inexperienced LFS'ers frequent these forums, we'll do it right here on these forums. Can anyone and everyone join? No, not really, and certainly not automatically. If you are serious about learning how to race and are dedicated to becoming a quality LFS community member, make a post with the following information:

LFS username
LFS racername
Controller
Date of first LFS race (approx if you don't remember)
Racing frequency (10 or fewer races per week, 10-20 races per week, 20+ races per week)
Normal race times (morning/day, evening, weekend).

Of course, you can choose to apply right on the CoRe forums. Each driver that applies will have his application entered on the CoRe forums and will be checked against the CoRe team ban list and the Wrecker's Barricade, and as well as spot forum post checks. Drivers that are invited to join CDDT will be PM'd on the CoRe Racing Forums. Once a driver is accepted into CDDT, official communications will take place on the CoRe Racing Forums.

Please note that CDDT is not intended to be a drifting team, nor will CoRe Racing team leaders allow it to become one. CoRe Racing is a racing team, and we are intent on assisting drivers learn racing skills! Does that mean if you race and drift, that you can't join? No, not at all. We don't care if you drift as well as race in your free time. Just don't ask us to teach you drifting techniques!

It's time to give the developing North American LFS racers the team environment that they can benefit and learn positively from, and CoRe Racing is up to the task!

CoRe Racing - website / forums / General Team Info

Invited/Accepted Drivers
Hammer (Slash621) (accepted)
Krafcik (accepted)
Falango (accepted)
Stnwolf (accepted)
Gabereiser (accepted)
Trav (accepted)

Pending

Rejected (w/ reason)
Andrei221 - removed from consideration (started a team, closed a team, joined another team - all in 1 day) Good Luck!
Minivan - removed from consideration (joined another team)
chanoman315 - removed from consideration by request
Dicey - not using a proper controller for racing
AstroBoy - removed from consideration by request (to focus on school )

To all of the applied drivers, we'll look over each of you and we'll be letting each of you know beginning on the first of next week. There are still some logistical details to work out, so we thank you for your interest and patience!

Quote :CoRe Driver Development Team (CDDT) is a division of CoRe Racing that is comprised of new and inexperienced LFS license holders intent on learning proper racecraft. While the members of CoRe Racing are committed to the vision of the Driver Development Team, CDDT drivers are not members of the CoRe Racing team, and as such, are not given the same access and rights to CoRe online resources. The CoRe Racing management reserves the right to admit or reject membership initially, or at anytime without warning or explanation. Membership in the CDDT does not guarantee future membership in the CoRe Racing team, as that is a separate process of team management.

LFS username-Minivan

LFS racername MINIVAN

Age-17

Location-Ohio, US

Controller-Logitech Roller Ball Mouse not one of the crappy mouse pad ones.

Date of first LFS race (approx if you don't remember) - Hmm i dunno maybe like 4 years ago

Racing frequency (10 or fewer races per week, 10-20 races per week, 20+ races per week)- 10 to 11 if not practicing in single player

Normal race times (morning/day, evening, weekend).- day (whenever possible), evening, night, weekends.

-Kyle.
Sorry for highjacking your thread guys but i just wanted to say its great what your trying to do here... Good luck from all of [SR] (sonicrealmsracing)
Thanks, Jason!
LFS username : Slash621

LFS racername : Hammer

Controller : Logitech DFP

Date of first LFS race (approx if you don't remember) 4-18-2007

Racing frequency (10 or fewer races per week, 10-20 races per week, 20+ races per week) : Right now I drive approx 3-4hrs / Day, mixed between CTRA servers and Live to Cruise (I like to Zen out with the LX6 and some trance music to relax after work). If I were doing nothing but races I'd suppose I was doing 20+ races/week

Normal race times (morning/day, evening, weekend). M-T = 10PM - 2AM, F = 6PM - Whenever. Saturday & Sunday : Anytime racing isnt on TV. Sometimes i'm out of town but I log a lot of seat time in LFS each day.
Application per PM.

Quote from Krafcik :
LFS username - Krafcik
LFS racername - Currently "SpeedyK"
Age - 29
Location - Houston Texas
Controller -VRC (Remote control car type controller)
Date of first LFS race (approx if you don't remember) - 1 month ago MAX.
Racing frequency (10 or fewer races per week, 10-20 races per week, 20+ races per week)
Normal race times (morning/day, evening, weekend). I race everynight for at least an hour or two.

Quote from jasonmatthews :Sorry for highjacking your thread guys but i just wanted to say its great what your trying to do here... Good luck from all of [SR] (sonicrealmsracing)

Thank you, Jason! We appreciate the vote of confidence!
LFS username chanoman315
LFS racername Chano Martinez de Silva
Age 15
Location Mexico
Controller Wheel, Driving Force i think, in august G25
Date of first LFS race in november
Racing frequency 20+ a week
Normal race times evening

just wondering, does Mexico counts like North America?
#9 - th84
Quote from chanoman315 :just wondering, does Mexico counts like North America?

No, I think they use spanish.

Well done CoRe! Great idea!
Mexico is usually considered part of North America. Other times I think it is grouped with Central America.

Regardless, we don't really have any restrictions on regions as long as the driver can make the scheduled events and communicate in English. Our primary focus is North America due to the fact that all CoRe members are from the US and Canada.
LFS username: Falango
LFS racername: Falango
Controller: Driving Force Pro
Date of first LFS race: About 2 weeks ago
Racing frequency: 10-15 a week
Normal race times: Evenings
To all applicants, we'll look over each of your details and we'll be letting each of you know beginning the first of next week. There are still some logistical details to work out, so we thank you for your interest and patience!

In the meantime, this is a sample of the basic CDDT skin team members will be wearing:

Great Idea guys and best of luck with it!

Helping younger drivers learn who otherwise wouldn't be involved in a fully-involved team is great for the NA community as a whole.

Ever think of holding a set-up tuning clinic over vent, where everyone starts with a crap setup, and someone can talk everyone through a change, test, and repeat? (edit -> cause i for one would like to attend )
We are planning on having regular training sessions, most likely on Tuesdays. These sessions will be reserved for CDDT drivers, but PM us when you want in and we'll send the password.
Great idea
Great Idea, I look forward to seeing the new drivers.
LFS username: What? You lazy bums can't just look over there?
<-------------
LFS racername: I am the NightHawk!
Controller: Atari 2600 joystick converted to PC USB
Date of first LFS race: Yesterday
Racing frequency: How many races have I done since yesterday? Well, that's how many so far!
Normal race times: About 10:06 PM to 10:09 PM

Nahhhhhhh, just joking around. It's quite late and I'm getting tired. But just wanted to say here what a great idea this will be. To those applying, I'll say you guys are probably in for a real treat. The CoRe guys are all top notch folks not only in racing, but in general as well. You guys will have the opportunity to learn a lot here. Have fun with it.

Thumbs up to ya Banshee, DWB, and all the rest of CoRe! Let's get some respectable and excellent racers out there from the ole Americas

Any way you guys can get that th84 guy to join up? I'd like to see him finally lapping Aston Club in under 12 minutes. It's about time he breaks the 10 minute mark I'd say....
#18 - th84
OK, we have 5 applicants. We will begin reviewing each and will be notifying soon!
Good Stuff
LFS Username: stnwolf
LFS racername: StnWolf
Controller: Mocrosoft wheel
Date of first LFS race: About a month or so ago
Racing frequency: 10-20 times a week
Normal race times: Depends on work schedule, mostly evenings

Awesome idea guys! Can't wait for it to kick off!
K.Parker
I've upated the first post to show the invited/accepted drivers, the status pending, and the rejected applicants.
Quote from banshee56 :I've upated the first post to show the invited/accepted drivers, the status pending, and the rejected applicants.

im pending because of what??
Please re-consider my application my team was a bust no one joined, i'm a moron and made a dumb decision please forgive me for that is my fault, I would love to have a chance in joining your well organized and well put together racing team. thank you.

Kyle Bryant
So your team is a bust after, what, two days? Maybe you should give it a bit more time before you jump on to the next thing.
im just not ready to lead my own team, please reconsider my application

(93 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG