The online racing simulator
CoRe Driver Development Team
(93 posts, started )
Quote from chanoman315 :im pending because of what??

Your level of LFS experience is a bit more than we were targeting. You've driven over 41,900 miles and finished over 1100 races, which is more than 4x the level we were looking for:

Quote from banshee56 :What is required to join CDDT? Potential CDDT drivers must be older than 14 years old, but generally will be younger than 18 years old, but the max age is not a strict limit. However, CDDT is primarily focused on the relatively inexperienced drivers: those with less than 10,000 miles and/or 250 finished races. Drivers with proper racing equipment are preferred, as CoRe feels that keyboards and gamepads do not give drivers the platform to learn proper racing techniques. Also, any driver that is currently on a LFS team will not be considered.

Does that mean that you are not accepted? No, not yet. We need to review your skill level to see if you would really gain in the environment that the CDDT will be. While we determine that, which will include you coming to a couple trainind sessions, your status will remain "Pending".
Quote from MiniVan :Please re-consider my application my team was a bust no one joined, i'm a moron and made a dumb decision please forgive me for that is my fault, I would love to have a chance in joining your well organized and well put together racing team. thank you.

Kyle Bryant

Quote from DeadWolfBones :So your team is a bust after, what, two days? Maybe you should give it a bit more time before you jump on to the next thing.

Quote from MiniVan :im just not ready to lead my own team, please reconsider my application

This type of activity is exactly why we started the CoRe Driver Development Team. New and inexperienced people come on here and think that they HAVE to be in a team to feel like they belong. Many of us trudged through the independent ranks before we found people that we liked racing against. It is important to get that experience before you take on the task of managing people that are complete strangers.

CoRe Racing didn't happen overnight...and it certainly didn't happen on the LFS forums. Two guys, who are no longer active, started CoRe. We all knew each other via racing online before we joined the team, and what we have now (website, forums, LFS servers, Ventrilo server, etc.) is the result of very hard work over the course of years, not weeks, days, or even hours, as in your case.

You just can't start a team and expect a huge bunch of people to join in a matter of hours. Even if that did happen, which it has to some other "forum teams", they ended up folding in a matter of weeks because no one knew each other enough to trust each other.

I know each of my CoRe Racing teammates enough to want to meet up with them in real life to watch some racing, or go have a beer (well, at least everyone that is legal enough to have a beer ). When you get to that point, you consider these guys friends, even without having met them in reall life, and that is what makes a team strong.

We will have to talk about whether to reconsider your application, because frankly, your actions to 1) apply to the CDDT, 2) start and close a team in less than two days (all while asking to be not considered for CDDT), and 3)then ask to be reconsidered doesn't exactly instill confidence that you will stick with the CDDT long enough to make our time and effort with you worth it.

Another thing I've been wanting to make sure that EVERYONE knows, is that when you apply to the CDDT, you are not applying to be part of the CoRe Racing team. CoRe is simply organizing and supporting a "team" who's purpose is to help inexperienced drivers learn race craft. In fact, the following is an excert from the terms of joining CDDT:

Quote :CoRe Driver Development Team (CDDT) is a division of CoRe Racing that is comprised of new and inexperienced LFS license holders intent on learning proper race craft. While the members of CoRe Racing are committed to the vision of the Driver Development Team, CDDT drivers are not members of the CoRe Racing team, and as such, are not given the same access and rights to CoRe online resources. The CoRe Racing management reserves the right to admit or reject membership initially, or at anytime without warning or explanation. Membership in the CDDT does not guarantee future membership in the CoRe Racing team, as that is a separate process of team management.

This has been added to the first post.

Minivan, we will get back to you.
Quote from MiniVan :im just not ready to lead my own team, please reconsider my application

Well, now that he as already joined yet another team.....I guess that's a permanent no.
yeah sorry, good luck with you guys and the rest of the coRe team though.
remove me from the least..... thx and good luck
np, chano. Good luck to you too!
Our four confirmed drivers (Krafcik, Hammer, Falango, and Stnwolf) now have their skins and are set for our first "Meet & Greet) on Tuesday, August 7, 2007. We'll be getting to know each of the drivers and do some racing!
LFS username: Dicey
LFS racername: dicey
Controller: Logitech gamepad
Date of first LFS race (approx if you don't remember): year and a half ago
Racing frequency (10 or fewer races per week, 10-20 races per week, 20+ races per week):10-20 long races and several oval races
Normal race times (morning/day, evening, weekend): Evening variable days
Thanks for applying, Dicey. We'll get back to you shortly.
Would it be a bother if I asked where my app was in the consideration process?

Dicey
LFS username: gabereiser
LFS racername: Reiser
Controller: Logitech Driving Force Pro w/ FF
Date of first LFS race (approx if you don't remember) : a year ago
Racing frequency (10 or fewer races per week, 10-20 races per week, 20+ races per week): 20+ races per week
Normal race times (morning/day, evening, weekend): evening, weekends, Eastern Times.

I've played the demo a lot, but I waited to purchase S2 and i'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner.

I've made my own FOX skin and I am familiar with the whole LFSWorld desktop and that jazz. I also have enough money on my account to download over 10,000 skins so I'm good to go for hard core (if you guys are willing).
I would be one who would benifit from somthing like this, too bad i live in Australia and already in a team..
Sorry about the delay guys! We've been very busy the last few days.

I've added Dicey and Reiser to the "Pending" list, and we'll get back to you in a day or so!
Whats up???
LFS username: TypeRCivic
LFS racername TypeRcivic
Age22
Location Youngstown, Ohio...USA
Controller Logitech MOMO Racing Wheel
Date of first LFS race (Aug,2006)
Racing frequency 5-10
Normal race times 10pm EST-6am EST

I was woundering if this is either a race team or drift team?? Either way I'd like to join.
Quote from TypeRCivic :I was woundering if this is either a race team or drift team?? Either way I'd like to join.

Race
Quote from banshee56 :Please note that CDDT is not intended to be a drifting team, nor will CoRe Racing team leaders allow it to become one. CoRe Racing is a racing team, and we are intent on assisting drivers learn racing skills! Does that mean if you race and drift, that you can't join? No, not at all. We don't care if you drift as well as race in your free time. Just don't ask us to teach you drifting techniques!

I dont think it makes a very good impression when you apparently heavent read the first post.
Quote from TypeRCivic :
I was woundering if this is either a race team or drift team?? Either way I'd like to join.

Quote from banshee56 :Please note that CDDT is not intended to be a drifting team, nor will CoRe Racing team leaders allow it to become one. CoRe Racing is a racing team, and we are intent on assisting drivers learn racing skills! Does that mean if you race and drift, that you can't join? No, not at all. We don't care if you drift as well as race in your free time. Just don't ask us to teach you drifting techniques!

Hmm.........guess there is your answer. Are you serious about learning about racing? Because if you aren't, then you won't be considered. Let us know.
Quote from banshee56 :Hmm.........guess there is your answer. Are you serious about learning about racing? Because if you aren't, then you won't be considered. Let us know.

I can race, I was just asking.
Gabereiser has accepted his invitation to join CDDT.
That's awesome, best of luck to the whole squad!

I hope to see you all in the future of LFS and LOTA.
Hi there, I'm new to LFS, having owned it for about 3 weeks. I am keen to learn and intend to learn not only how to do fast laps, but the art of racecraft as well. I would be most grateful if I could be considered to take part in this team as it sounds like a great opportunity..

Username:- Origamiboy
Race Name:- Origamiboy
Frequency:- As often as possible! 20+ races PW
Times:- I race most evenings and afternoons when possible. (approx 2pm GMT- early hours on occasion!)
Controller:- Logitech G25, using manual clutch where applicable.

Thanks in advance..

Andrew
Quote from banshee56 :Gabereiser has accepted his invitation to join CDDT.

Woohoo! I'm a developing driver now!
Quote from Origamiboy :Hi there, I'm new to LFS, having owned it for about 3 weeks. I am keen to learn and intend to learn not only how to do fast laps, but the art of racecraft as well. I would be most grateful if I could be considered to take part in this team as it sounds like a great opportunity..

Username:- Origamiboy
Race Name:- Origamiboy
Frequency:- As often as possible! 20+ races PW
Times:- I race most evenings and afternoons when possible. (approx 2pm GMT- early hours on occasion!)
Controller:- Logitech G25, using manual clutch where applicable.

Thanks in advance..

Andrew

I'm sorry, but we are limiting participation to drivers in the Western Hemisphere, due to our desire to maximize mutual time opportunities with CDDT drivers.

CoRe Driver Development Team
(93 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG