The online racing simulator
Patch X Released!
(300 posts, started )
only use 1 LFS.exe, the X10? how else can it be loading V unless you have several EXE's?
How is it possible to NOT see difference when AA and AF are on? :|

AA makes lines less jagged and AF makes distant textures look more focused. Combined with VSync and Hi-res textures, LFS looks amazing.
Hello. Did patch X fix the "slippery tires at low speeds" problem? I tried playing the game about a year ago and just couldn't continue due to extremely low grip at slow speeds. I would spin out even at 20mph
Quote from isamu :Hello. Did patch X fix the "slippery tires at low speeds" problem? I tried playing the game about a year ago and just couldn't continue due to extremely low grip at slow speeds. I would spin out even at 20mph

There are no physics changes in X (except clutch pack preload). The tyres were tweaked back in patch U already (april 06). Besides the tyre physics don't work very well at low speeds. Also why were you driving that slow anyway?
Quote from geeman1 :The tyres were tweaked back in patch U already (april 06).

Speaking of patch U, I don't remember whether or not I've already downloaded it. How can I check to see if I did?

Would you say the tweaks done in Patch U improves tire grip and if so, by how much? Does Patch U help make the game more accessible to kn3wbies?
Why don't you download the latest version and test it for yourself?
Quote from -Willi- :Why don't you download the latest version and test it for yourself?

Does the latest version contain the physics tweaks that were done in Patch U? Or do I need to download Patch U to obtain said tweaks?
OK I know this is a silly question but can someone post a direct link to patch X? I can't find it
Just get the latest version - X - its includes all previous patches.

Version of LFS is displayed in startscreen.
Have something in the steering been changed? I can't drive it with my keyboard anymore. Real bad feeling.
REWIND in replay
Hope you don't mind waiting.
-
(SpikeyMarcoD) DELETED by SpikeyMarcoD
As the replay use the physic engine, it is really hard to code, so without some huges changes in the replay it won't be implemented. I think it wont have replay for a long time but I personnally don't mind !
Quote from isamu :Hello. Did patch X fix the "slippery tires at low speeds" problem? I tried playing the game about a year ago and just couldn't continue due to extremely low grip at slow speeds. I would spin out even at 20mph

That might happen in real life as well, if you were to push the pedal to the metal in an extremely powerful vehicle. Try to ease on the throttle. ;/
#293 - xt
demo crash with mpr from S2
Im demo. Trying to watch S2 mpr and game crashes when im trying to watch it (on last button click).

If reason is locked contents, then maybe need to add tag to mpr or spr to identify demo/S1/S2 (maybe S1 crashes when trying to watch S2 replay) and dont allow to load it without proper license
It shouldn't crash your game. It should just display an error. I can't remember what it displays. "Need to unlock S2 to display replay" or something similar.
I tried it too, i locked the game and looked at a replay from fern bay, and it crashed.

it was full screen, lemme check it with window'd

E: crashed while windows too
does lfs game and related softwares compatible/suitable with window vista ?
LFS works fine on Vista, yes.
Quote from Jakg :LFS works fine on Vista, yes.

thanks.one question please, bespoke,layout editor and other lfs software also works fine on vista?
Quote from dcm_wc :thanks.one question please, bespoke,layout editor and other lfs software also works fine on vista?

Works fine

Patch X Released!
(300 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG