The online racing simulator
If you havn't submitted a report about the culprits, dont complain if they wreck you on our servers. On other servers you may or may not have a reporting system. That's the only difference because its the SAME community.

I dont know how many times I have to say this, there is no magic involved. We dont suddenly raise or lower the standards. All we do is respond to reports, and if you are blaming the servers for the actions of your compatriots AND you've not used the reporting system, then there is nothing that we can do to help you, nothing at all.
The first version of X-Monitor is running, if the system has an SQL failure, exits unexpectedly, or stops responding, than within 2 minutes it will automatically relaunch.

As for the crash bug I think I know whats wrong, there's an ommission from the programming language i'm using. However, I have the source code and i'm going to sink my teath into it and code the mistake out. I dont expect this to be easy, it might even be beyond me, but it seems to be the only way to cure the bug thats causing the X-System to exit unexpectedly.

For now anyway, although the bug is there, the X-Monitor will relaunch the X-System if and when this happens.
And if X-Monitor goes down? I think you should have an X-Monitor-Monitor just in case...

..you know I'm joking.

Great big 'Well Done' for these servers. Its got me actually *playing* LFS again for which I'm very grateful.
lovely add ....
Attached images
ctra_banner_fs_1.gif
I love the servers, but I would like to see more admins there. It`s so anoying with these crashers, and since we can`t vote we just have to wait for them to leave So, everythings fine, but we need more admins.
do you use the $report feature? It is designed to maximise the admins time, if you dont use it then do!
Doesn`t help me now, because I`m somehow banned. Without warning or anything "host refused connection".

Please respond.

I agreed with a warning I got yesterday, but then suddently I got banned with no warning what so ever. And I would like to know why, it`s almost 24 hours I`v been baned now, for no reason in my eyes. But I may be wrong, please at least say what I`m baned for.
You where told to stop swearing and you didnt, the admin eventually gave up telling you and put a short ban on to see if that would do it. We'll see when you get back.

Could somebody help me spell Rittallin please, I want to increase the sarcasm factor in my reply?

No seriously now, I know you are getting frustrated but taking the actions you chose only makes the problem worsre and does not help us fix it. Acting like a vigilante, even if only verbally, just makes the mood on the server worse and results in more crashes, we know this from experience, that is one reason why we've banned swearing whilst racing.

Try to act with dignity and like an adult and if you cant resolve a problem directly with a driver goto the report tool.

The ban lasts 3 days.
Ok, so I got 3 days ban for saying "Holy shit" ?

Ok.. I was told not to sweat 1 time only, then we drive a race or two, then I crashed heavlly and pushed wrong F-button, was going to say sorry but pushed wrong and said Holy shit.
Well, ok, I agree the ban, 1 day at most, but 3... oh..
I've just looked at the report and watched the replay. I think you can comfortably add to the "for swearing" with "deliberately wreck" and "course cutting" into the mix. Frankly, I'm quite amazed you only got 3 days. You landed a friendly admin.
Quote from The Very End :Ok.. I was told not to sweat 1 time only, then we drive a race or two, then I crashed heavlly and pushed wrong F-button, was going to say sorry but pushed wrong and said Holy shit.

You should change your chat macros. Is that really necessary? Why have a macro that tells nobody anything other than "I am surprised and I like to swear"?
Quote from SamH :I've just looked at the report and watched the replay. I think you can comfortably add to the "for swearing" with "deliberately wreck" and "course cutting" into the mix. Frankly, I'm quite amazed you only got 3 days. You landed a friendly admin.

Yeah, I get the impression that a lot of the people who complain about crashers on the servers are actually crashers themselves. Not all of them, but many. I have to say that the level of racing is significantly better than on most other popular servers such as CD and Redline. So I'm inclined to think that when people complain about low standards of racing that the problem actually lies with them and not the other drivers.
I'd like to add: http://ctrau.ukct.net/GianniC in my sig, but I forgotten how to do, since imgs are not allowed..

Are there coming rank tabs for the 3 divissions (Racing, Single seater, B&J) ?
[ ctra]GianniC [ /ctra]
or
[ ctra]mini/GianniC[ /ctra]

or better yes

[ url=http://www.raceauthority.com/lookup/?licence=GianniC[ /url][ ctra]mini/GianniC[/ ctra][/ url]

Sam is planning to produce a whole user bar section where you can specify which user bar you want to show on forums.
GianniC, type "[ctra]GianniC[/ctra]"
Thanks both of you

Regards,
GC
Quote from thisnameistaken :You should change your chat macros. Is that really necessary? Why have a macro that tells nobody anything other than "I am surprised and I like to swear"?

Good question. Well, it`s allways just been there. Of course I can change that without any problem.

But anyway, if you say so, that I wrecked and cuted the track and swearing, well then I just have to accept that. I don`t completely agree, but what I mean changes nothing.
And don`t think I`m angry or anything, was just surprised of the sudden ban thats all
Quote from The Very End :...Well, it`s allways just been there...

No, I think you'll find you put it there in the first place.
Argh, do you need to be so damned prciky?
What I meant was that I allways have had that button there from like stone age time, S1 time. Therfor
Quote from obsolum :Yeah, I get the impression that a lot of the people who complain about crashers on the servers are actually crashers themselves. Not all of them, but many. I have to say that the level of racing is significantly better than on most other popular servers such as CD and Redline. So I'm inclined to think that when people complain about low standards of racing that the problem actually lies with them and not the other drivers.

I have to agree. the challenge in public racing for me lies in avoiding those who are charging through the first couple of turns without braking and looking out for others.
I tend to think that if someone complains that he/she has been crashed out in every race that he is at fault as well, I like starting from the middle or back of the pack to end up in the top5 by turn 1 just by avoiding the crashed cars
You have to realise that public racing is not league racing, you cannot blindly trust every racer to give you as much space as you would give him (of course there are nice exceptions, which make it worth doing public racing).
Just be careful, and avoid aggressive maneuvers and most importantly: look into your mirrors, look to the sides and make sure nobody is trying a do or die move on your inside, if someone does, just take a late apex and drive on laughing at the noob
listen to keszkemet, he knows what he is talking about.
Just visited the server and thought the system is excellent. Still the odd bit of poor driving but thats to be expected. On the whole, if you are at the front the standard was pretty good I thought.
Quote from csurdongulos : [...]

Well put Victor, I completely agree. I love avoiding wreckers (and learners).

Edit: And oh, I'm obviously a CTRA fan. I thoroughly enjoy racing on these servers.
Yeah, the first few races you do on combos where you don't have a time yet may be difficult, but it becomes easier after a few races when you got up the grid. This qualification system is pretty cool! And I've got some excellent racing in CTRA and SS.

One thing I wonder: is your yellow flags ratio used when calculating the points you get?
Quote from The Very End :Argh, do you need to be so damned prciky?
What I meant was that I allways have had that button there from like stone age time, S1 time. Therfor

Just remember that you are not in Norway when you are on CTRA servers

Info to non Norwegians....
In Norway we don't really care about some bad language. We never "pip" swearing from tv interviews etc. Its funny to see official rally broadcasts when Petter Solbergs English swearing words get "pip"ed but not his Norwegians swearing words... And he has plenty

Fytte i helvete...

~b

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG