The online racing simulator
Racism
(69 posts, started )
Quote from Racer Y :I fully understand a real life encounter and why you would do what you say you do, but would you do that just playing a video game????

No, the exact opposite actually. The online "fight" works differently. You want to be as passive as possible and as mature as possible and get the other guy to present himself like as an ****. I usually use humor and say that I am emotionally fragile and that my feelings are hurt and that if he doesn't stop I will call my mommy. If the guy is cool he will usually just laugh and that will be the end of it.

Or...challenge him to a race with others spectating as judges. The loser get's banned. Oh yeah baby, welcome to the jungle!
Quote :I find that when people actually meet each other one on one, they generally get along fine. It's all about breaking down the barriers.

Did you guys see that Tropfest movie, I think it's called 'between the flags'? 2 guys show up at the beach, one 'aussie' one 'leb', and they're there to join the riots, but they're early, so they spend the time mucking around on the beach playing cricket and talking about car stereos and stuff, eventually becoming good mates.. Only hours later, one of the guys gets a call from somewhere, and is informed that they're at the wrong beach! Doh! :doh:
Quote from kurent :So basically racism is a statistical knowledge about human behaviour.

Except that statistics is a tricky subject, and some people really suck with mathematics.

(EDIT: sorry, make that most people.)

Last week in the UK, a terrorist plot was foiled. The planners were all medics. Now, will you be afraid next time you visit a doctor? Not even one bit? Why not?
Quote from wsinda :Except that statistics is a tricky subject, and some people really suck with mathematics.

(EDIT: sorry, make that most people.)

Last week in the UK, a terrorist plot was foiled. The planners were all medics. Now, will you be afraid next time you visit a doctor? Not even one bit? Why not?

I don't think occupation really comes into it as it really doesn't really mean anything, but what doesn't surprise me is this.

Quote :Suspect Don Stewart Whyte converted to Islam only six months ago.

"He's not a radical, when you see him, he was just, he did look up Islam a lot like recently, but he only looked it up in like the way that affected his life," says his friend says Jan-Sher Bhatti.

Seems like Islam defiantly changed his life, right?
Quote from Rooble :I don't think occupation really comes into it as it really doesn't really mean anything

"Mean anything"? In statistics, meaning and intention are completely irrelevant. Only the observable facts count.

Or maybe statistics play only a tiny role in how we (pre-)judge other people...
It ain't paranoia if someone really is out to get you
Quote from SamH :I guess I'm just prejudiced against idiocy

Me too! Is it prejudice if something you think is true?

Actually, what irritates me is people who are smart that are idiots.
Actually, he's right you know . . .
Quote from SamH :The truth is that most people in the world are not actually too bright . . .

Half the people in the world are dumber than the other half.

Maybe more.
Not General LFS Discussion material anymore.
Quote from aoun :Anyone cop racism in a server?

Every time i go on and theres a certian racer i see, he says things that are racist.. i dont do anything wrong to him, or i dont try to, and i dont say anthing about him, but still, hes racist...

really annoys me, ProRacingRoom is the best server for me, cause its an aussie server for people in australia only, fast clean racers and theres no lag ofcourse, so i get crap from someone and sorta ruins it, cause im not good with just letting things go ya know..

is there anyone i could report this to? hes not a wrecker either so yeh, i got the latest MPR if its needed..

thanks...

Yeah-a lot of racists online. Anonymity is a responsibility...and it comes with a price.

By the way, this belongs in Off-Topic.
Yeah, just because i beat someone in a race He called me the "N" word and im not even An african american o.0 i think someone should do something about it its really not right
Quote from SamH :Aww bless! You guys think the world is full of bright, deep-thinking people!

If what I said goes down as being the most stupid thing I ever said, I reckon I'm doing okay

50% of the people in the world are of above-average intelligence, Sam.

edit: whoops, Tailspin got there before me. guess we know which half I'm in.
#62 - aoun
This thread was for LFS online racism, but if it has genrally gotten to Racism in general, then put it in off topic..
I dont even know the origin of most people in the Australian LFS community. We can normally only tell who is European because their cars lag all over the place and then we all say "Bloody Euros" in fun and frustration :P .

Same as the fact I don't go around telling the LFS community my origin(Especially the Aussie one because of the fierce rivalry they have with each other).
there was loads of racism from this server at me and someone called Omri
Racism is another word for ignorance. The internet allows ignorant people to speak their narrow mind without seeing any real consequences. Just ignore it and live on your life.

I've had so many internet-wars against racist because I'm an easy target (A Russian Jew that lives in Israel ;/) but it was never worth it.
Im a british christian
-
(shaun463) DELETED by shaun463
Quote from shaun463 :Im a british christian

That's very interesting.

People need to pull their heads out of their asses and grow a thicker skin. I'm all for 'insult everyone equally' so everyone's just as hurt - thus nobody was hurt.
#68 - JTbo
Quote from spankmeyer :That's very interesting.

People need to pull their heads out of their asses and grow a thicker skin. I'm all for 'insult everyone equally' so everyone's just as hurt - thus nobody was hurt.

But isn't this bit stupid, why anyone needs to be hurt in first place. Surely there are people that are enough stupid not to understand what is good for all without pain, but perhaps we should just close them out by banning them, imo it is just as with wreckers/cheaters/crackers.
Quote from aoun :Hm, well i get ya...

Im lebanese, but also australian (being born in australia), the same guy, i have been called a terroist and everyone run etc, been paid out for how lebanese speak around here, been told off to go back to my own country etc.. just really gets annoying ya kno .

My rule is you are the nationality of the country your grandparents were born in.
Im not saying you/ and your parents don't have a right to live where ever you want, im just saying maybe you would get more respect if you didn't steal others identities, although Austrailia is probobly the oddest country in the world to talk about, in this way.

I have never understood it anyway, the degrogatory word for Black people... well we all know that...
But if you use the Term ' Muslim ' its treated in the same way, and the word Muslim is NOT a derogatory term.

Racism
(69 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG