The online racing simulator
Racism
(69 posts, started )
why the heck is racism even in the world black people r the same as white people.
#27 - SamH
The truth is that most people in the world are not actually too bright, and the rest don't think often outside the box. Prejudice is based in mistrust and spread by the stupid through fearmongery. None of the racists I've ever met have been thinkers, even the ones who had the smarts. I meet a racist and I immediately think "moron", these days. I guess I'm just prejudiced against idiocy
Quote from aoun :Now seeing some of the LFS rules, ill let it go, hes only done it 2 me wat 3-4 times??

If he does it again, ill send in afew MPR's i got..

I dont mind racism copping for fun, a jokes a joke, but not when they do it to bug you and try to get to ya..

So which country does he want you to "go back to"? Australia or Lebanon?

On the subject or Racism. Irregardless of our original race, religion, creed, ethnicity or how we pee, we all have this game in common. You'd think that's all it would take for everyone to be cool with each other.
LOL "go back to your own country".
Yeah, the more I think about it, that really just doesn't make a lick of sense.
just ignore him he only does it to get a reaction (like this)
Maybe the nazi-skin has already been removed. It is more than half a year ago when I encountered it. This thread made me look it up in my skins_x folder.

I am a bit ashamed to have had it on my hard drive for so long.
Quote from SamH :The truth is that most people in the world are not actually too bright, and the rest don't think often outside the box. Prejudice is based in mistrust and spread by the stupid through fearmongery. None of the racists I've ever met have been thinkers, even the ones who had the smarts. I meet a racist and I immediately think "moron", these days. I guess I'm just prejudiced against idiocy

Wow that was probably the most stupid thing I've ever read from you SamH, honestly that deserves a place in my signature.

Edit: Oh dear it wont allow me to use it as my forum signature as it exceeds the limit of 4 lines, I guess ill have to link it
Quote from aoun :Now seeing some of the LFS rules, ill let it go, hes only done it 2 me wat 3-4 times??

If he does it again, ill send in afew MPR's i got..

I dont mind racism copping for fun, a jokes a joke, but not when they do it to bug you and try to get to ya..

If I were you, I wouldn't hold back the replay files. One of the things I've learned in life is that ****s do not need a second chance. Once an **** - always an ****. If he has done it 3-4 times, he will do it the rest 1000 times also, if just given a chance. Why continue leting him ruin it for you and others!?

Btw, so he is Australian aboriginal that he suggest people to move back where they came from?
I'm often in Pro racing and I've never seen anything like that, apart from idiot kids who get the boot pretty quickly. Ninja is nearly always online there so tell him or post on their board and they'll sort them PDQ.

Racism usually has a basis in ignorance and fear. I therefore wouldn't really worry about it cus in my opinion it's like them having a big sign around their necks saying " Hi, I'm a D!@%#^D "

Makes it easy to avoid them, it's their Karma after all.
Quote from aoun :Anyone cop racism in a server?

Every time i go on and theres a certian racer i see, he says things that are racist.. i dont do anything wrong to him, or i dont try to, and i dont say anthing about him, but still, hes racist...

really annoys me, ProRacingRoom is the best server for me, cause its an aussie server for people in australia only, fast clean racers and theres no lag ofcourse, so i get crap from someone and sorta ruins it, cause im not good with just letting things go ya know..

is there anyone i could report this to? hes not a wrecker either so yeh, i got the latest MPR if its needed..

thanks...

I've never seen this behavior in Pro Racing Room either, if I did I'd be backing you up straight away aoun. There's no justification for racism ever

While I agree with your comment that there is some tension in Sydney between the 'Aussie' and 'Leb' communities, it is also totally blown out of proportion by the media. I find that when people actually meet each other one on one, they generally get along fine. It's all about breaking down the barriers.

Anyway, there's my 2 bob from an anti-racist 'Aussie'.
#35 - SamH
Quote from Rooble :Wow that was probably the most stupid thing I've ever read from you SamH, honestly that deserves a place in my signature.

LOL! Stupid because I think racists are idiots? They are idiots. Racists think in a simplistic way. They're stupid.
As an Aussie I am dissapointed that you get that sort of reaction....

Please dont judge us all on the actions of a minority....

La lakum tahiyyaati bro...
Quote from SamH :LOL! Stupid because I think racists are idiots? They are idiots. Racists think in a simplistic way. They're stupid.

You stereotypist Sam! Racists are individuals!
#38 - Gunn
Don't let racism become a race-ism. :sadbanana

Geez, did I say that?
Quote from spankmeyer :Well... nowadays who hasn't been called a terrorist? I'm a Finn so I have a pale ass, I'm suicidal and Sweden beats us every time in ice-hockey. Do I care, no?

People are so uptight these days.

Well said mate, I could not put it better myself
Racism and stereotypes are based on truth. Just like satire is based on real political situations. There is a bit of a racist in all of us, you can deny it all you want, but it's true.
#41 - SamH
Quote from sidi :I dunno but maybe it was this sentence "The truth is that most people in the world are not actually too bright", maybe you could write down a list of the intelligent ppl so we all know where we stand

Aww bless! You guys think the world is full of bright, deep-thinking people!

If what I said goes down as being the most stupid thing I ever said, I reckon I'm doing okay
#42 - SamH
Quote from kurent :There is a bit of a racist in all of us, you can deny it all you want, but it's true.

The application of a little bit of intellect is all it takes to rise above it, just as a little bit of reason stops people being scared of empty houses and dark attics.
Aoun if it starts happening again with people press - . It will solve your problem
SamH: What you said is wrong in so many ways that theres no point even going into it, we both know how it would end. Also your style or 'tone' is so patronizing its pointless even trying to talk with you, and with your minions jumping in giving you support it just looks like another playground war.

kurent: There is truth to that but without actually explaining it properly you'll just be seen as yet another skin head/nazi/white supremacist, so you better leave it out or they'll get ya!

aoun: Just ignore the tit, he'll probably give up after 10 minutes once he's realized he wont get a reaction out of you.
Quote from kurent :Racism and stereotypes are based on truth. Just like satire is based on real political situations. There is a bit of a racist in all of us, you can deny it all you want, but it's true.

Yeah, "based" on truth. A lot like a a lot of movies and TV shows that are "based" on true stories.

But yeah we all have predjudices and so forth to a degree. But full fledged hatred for no real logical reason is another thing.

@Auon: You know, I don't think this person that was insulting you was doing it for hating your ethnic group. I think they were probably more of a cyber-bully. Either way, I think that sort of behavior can be a license losing offense if it keeps up. Oh well, just blow them off. people like that don't tend to play LFS for very long I've noticed
Quote from SamH :The application of a little bit of intellect is all it takes to rise above it, just as a little bit of reason stops people being scared of empty houses and dark attics.

Quote from Racer Y :But full fledged hatred for no real logical reason is another thing.

It is for logical reasons or should I say personal experience. But usually people don't see the circular logic they use: why do I hate them?, because they hate me, why do they hate me?, because I hate them. I can see that, but I can't break the circle on my own and most people are just too stupid to figure out that together we are stronger. Diversity brings progress. But it takes two to tango hehe.

Where I live there isn't much racial diversity. I can almost count the number of black and asian people on my fingers. But they are all cool, you don't hear about problems with them and people are actually more friendly to them because they are...this is going to sound stupid...exotic. What we do have is gypsies with whom you cannot communicate at all either because they don't speak any known languages and because they isolate themselves in their camps and cause trouble all around them, for example they just love stealing copper and selling it. So what if it's attached to a roof where it provides protection for the family who actually bought it with honestly earned money? With one gypsy family, or should I say a group of familys it has gotten so horrible the entire village showed up at their shacks and threathened to hurt them if they don't leave immediately. When there was talk about them returning they set up road blocks and checked every vehicle. We Slovenians are known to be very passive people who will take alot of crap so for an entire village to show up at your door step...you know you did something wrong...multiple times. Talks about the gypsy familyes settling in some other area was met with the same reaction from the locals.

So the only time I have actual contact with gypsies is when they approach me and start trouble or ask to "borrow" some money (if you don't "lend" them some money they take it with force). So my usual response MUST be something like a very agressive "F off or I'll kill you" and they just back off with some insults. The worse you can do in that sitation is to play a tolerant friendly person who doesn't want any trouble. They seek weakness to exploit, that's how they make a living.

I know not all of them are bad, I actually briefly know a family of gypsies living outside of those filthy camps and they seem cool and never cause any problems and neighter do they recieve any problems and actually think the same as me (ok sort of) about other gypsies.

So basically racism is a statistical knowledge about human behaviour.

Some people just don't understand that it is easy to be tolerant to someone who is very far away. Or you're a 3 ton gorilla who walks around with an assault rifle, I see how that can keep you out of trouble.

You don't have to assimilate into a society, but you MUST integrate into it! Otherwise you create xenophobia.
Quote from Riders Motion :Peoples call me a sexual predator and a baby banger , whatever peoples thinks or says from you, only you know how you really are

I'm just curious, but how did that start?
#48 - SamH
(edit: )
#49 - aoun
Quote from farcar :
While I agree with your comment that there is some tension in Sydney between the 'Aussie' and 'Leb' communities, it is also totally blown out of proportion by the media. I find that when people actually meet each other one on one, they generally get along fine. It's all about breaking down the barriers.

Lol media does blow it up... ofcourse many mates of mine are lebo, some of my best friends are aussie, my girlfriend is aussie, and most of my neibours are aussie.. i get along fine with some aussies i guess...

.. and i was sorta over it as soon as i saw his PB for that combo, i think i was 0.5-1.5sec quicker.. i showed him that and he didnt reply much after that lol i just wanted to see if theres something i could do about this crap and if anyone else has it.. =).
Quote from kurent :It is for logical reasons or should I say personal experience. But usually people don't see the circular logic they use: why do I hate them?, because they hate me, why do they hate me?, because I hate them. I can see that, but I can't break the circle on my own and most people are just too stupid to figure out that together we are stronger. Diversity brings progress. But it takes two to tango hehe.

Where I live there isn't much racial diversity. I can almost count the number of black and asian people on my fingers. But they are all cool, you don't hear about problems with them and people are actually more friendly to them because they are...this is going to sound stupid...exotic. What we do have is gypsies with whom you cannot communicate at all either because they don't speak any known languages and because they isolate themselves in their camps and cause trouble all around them, for example they just love stealing copper and selling it. So what if it's attached to a roof where it provides protection for the family who actually bought it with honestly earned money? With one gypsy family, or should I say a group of familys it has gotten so horrible the entire village showed up at their shacks and threathened to hurt them if they don't leave immediately. When there was talk about them returning they set up road blocks and checked every vehicle. We Slovenians are known to be very passive people who will take alot of crap so for an entire village to show up at your door step...you know you did something wrong...multiple times. Talks about the gypsy familyes settling in some other area was met with the same reaction from the locals.

So the only time I have actual contact with gypsies is when they approach me and start trouble or ask to "borrow" some money (if you don't "lend" them some money they take it with force). So my usual response MUST be something like a very agressive "F off or I'll kill you" and they just back off with some insults. The worse you can do in that sitation is to play a tolerant friendly person who doesn't want any trouble. They seek weakness to exploit, that's how they make a living.

I know not all of them are bad, I actually briefly know a family of gypsies living outside of those filthy camps and they seem cool and never cause any problems and neighter do they recieve any problems and actually think the same as me (ok sort of) about other gypsies.

So basically racism is a statistical knowledge about human behaviour.

Some people just don't understand that it is easy to be tolerant to someone who is very far away. Or you're a 3 ton gorilla who walks around with an assault rifle, I see how that can keep you out of trouble.

You don't have to assimilate into a society, but you MUST integrate into it! Otherwise you create xenophobia.

I'm sorry you misunderstood me. Actually you hit the nail on the head about
most of that.

I just thought that going off on somebody you don't even know without any real reason is kinda stupid.

Like (& I have had run-ins with gypsies, so I know this is unlikely but) if you were racing and some gypsy gets online. Are you going to just go off on them without provocation? I fully understand a real life encounter and why you would do what you say you do, but would you do that just playing a video game????

Racism
(69 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG