Vcom tool and rotator
(131 posts, started )
It would be great that after breaking best split/lap it shows by how much it is improved: New PB: 02:14.30 (-00.02.30)
Now it has the flood filter. Also the increased delays in the rotator. It would need little public server testing first.

Quote from fakeman :It would be great that after breaking best split/lap it shows by how much it is improved: New PB: 02:14.30 (-00.02.30)

Added that too.
Quote from Aquilifer :Now it has the flood filter. Also the increased delays in the rotator. It would need little public server testing first.

Added that too.

where is the download link to this latest version? in lfsdatabase there is only version 0.471 from 16.06.2007

maybe you start a new thread, so you can update always first post with latest informations, changelog and download link etc.?

or did i miss anything?
I didn't put it into the database yet, because I would like to test it with some "guinea pigs" online. Tryed tonight, but again nobody joins. Oh heck, I guess I have to give it to somebody to test who can get more people join.

Yes. Maybe I would need to make a new thread.
I'd be more than happy to help you test. I just select a time and a day
Thanks for your offers. I sent one of you an email and other one a PM. Remember to check
Aquilifer, Silver77 is testing this pre release on airattack demo server as it gets a lot of racers in most of the day so it's getting a good run, if you want to jump on and speak to either [AA]Boost, [AA]Silver77 or [AA]Punchy I'm sure you'll get plenty of feedback m8, it gets a lot of regulars on there so shouldn't be a problem getting feedback.

One thing I can't work out is how do admins clear the message board, I see the AdminClear=1 but how do you actually clear it, with what command?
Thanks for testing. Saw this only now and there was nobody from AA in then.

The command to clear the board is !mbclear. Seems like I forgot it from the readme. I need to add an admin command help.
Finally got those errors for you m8.

ERROR: PLL - cannot find anyone with id 18
ERROR: PLL - cannot find anyone with id 40
ERROR: PLL - cannot find anyone with id 44
ERROR: PLP - cannot find anyone with id 22
Log backed up
Log saved
ERROR: PLL - cannot find anyone with id 22
ERROR: PLL - cannot find anyone with id 3

And these are the ports and Ip im using to try and start two instances.

Demo server;
vcom_address=62.141.50.30:29993;
lfs_address=62.141.50.30:29999;

S2 server;
vcom_address=62.141.51.30:29996;
lfs_address=62.141.51.30:29997;

they will run on their own but not togther, when i start the second one it starts then connects then closes, I then get this in LFS console, insim - UDP : no slots available
Just had a look on the server and found vcom was unresponsive, it was still showing console window but was just sat there doing nothing, had to restart it, the only error in the console window was "cannot find anyone with id" just the two of those errors. other than that it woking fine
Managed to get two instances running using -p like you said, will that work for our third server?
Quote from Punchy :Managed to get two instances running using -p like you said, will that work for our third server?

Good.

-p? Dunno what's that, but "vcom -f setupname" should work quite well. I tested it too and it works for me. The reason is probably the old one that you had the radio thingie on server #1 (reserving one port) and then you started the second one it couldn't get the same port again (because it was reserved). You can disable the whole radio thing from servers.

The other thing (PLL etc). I'm currently working on it and done already few fixes and improvements.
Dunno what -p switch is lol, i thought that was what you said to use, I'll try it on our third server and try the -f setupname thing as well.

EDIT:

Spoke to soon, although the second instance had connect to our second server nothing was working, looked in the console and everything was OFF, just where would I put this m8 "vcom -f setupname" sorry if I'm being thick here.

VCom v.0.472 - Jul 1, 2007 - by: Paavo Ahola

setup.dat: Line 103: Unknown label - autohi/delay
setup.dat: Line 118: Unknown section name - alarm

---------------------------
--------------------------------------
LFS IP: 62.141.51.30
LFS port (insim): 29997
VCom IP: 62.141.51.30
VCom port (insim): 29996
Output directory: out
--------------------------------------
[LFS data]
Version........: 0.5X4
Product........: S2
InSim version..: 4
Sockets: client=116, server=136, radio_out=0, radio_in=0

Lap time logging........ OFF
Split time logging...... OFF
Top speed logging....... OFF
Trip meter.............. OFF
Automated hi............ OFF
Lap time estimation..... OFF
Radio................... OFF
Stage rally............. OFF
Good times notes........ OFF
Best times saved log.... OFF
Message board........... OFF
Auto save race results.. OFF
Track rotator........... OFF
Kick idlers............. OFF
Pit stop timer.......... OFF
Flood filter............ OFF
----------------------------
Silent mode............. OFF

VCom running in SERVER mode

Start the main loop...
No wonder nothing was working because everything was off (see the list of tools where everything is OFF).

You start the program with a command line "vcom -f mysetup.dat" (if your setup is named mysetup.dat). In Windows this could be the command prompt, or the commandline in the shortcut options (if started from a shortcut). I think this is explained bit more detail in the readme.txt

I think I give an improved version tomorrow.
You misunderstand me or I didn't explain to well, every thing is turned on in the setup.dat file but when it's started as a second instance it turns everything OFF even though it's still turned on in the setup.dat file.
How did you start it? What command line?

The options are pretty much these
"vcom" - uses default setup.dat and what ever mode is in it
"vcom 1234" - uses setup.dat, but overrides the mode in the setup with 1234
"vcom -f set.dat" - uses the set.dat (instead of the default setup.dat)
"vcom -f set.dat -m 1234" - same as above but overrides the mode in set.dat with 1234

Only the 2 last styles can be used for the multiple instances, where different set is needed for each of them.
I used "vcom -f setup.dat"
So they are like these
"vcom -f setup1.dat"
"vcom -f setup2.dat"

What is the mode set line (mode=...) in the setup?
Maybe it is somehow illegal (not a base10 number)

I return to this tomorrow.
Yes m8 I've tried those and it starts with everything turned off, even starting just one instance everything is turned off with those lines in.

mode=65535
If there is still some odd behaviour in the setup, maybe you can email it to me or put it into web and PM me the link. You can replace the admin password with *** or something like that before posting
Ok did a fresh install of vcom, strangely it works fine now, two instances running no prob, should of done that from the start hardly a big job.
Quote from SilverArrows77 :Hey mate

Just have a couple of things to report for ya - mainly with !pointsall having a few probs - but will send ya that in email with our setup config tomorrow (well in morning as is 3am here and i cant be stuffed right now lol)

Okay. No hurry. Could you also give me the LFS form of the Boost's player name (NOT account name) - you now that with colors. It should be something like this "^1[AA] ^3..."
You can get it by getting Boost first to the server and then tapping C in the VCom console to get the list of connections. Then copy the Boost's line from the console. With the player name it would be easier to track why it converts one of the chars in Boost's name wrongly into the result file.

Quote from SilverArrows77 :
Just so ya know , i have changed flood filter settings to the following and it works just great - couldnt be happier with it

floodfilter{
messageInterval=1000; // more frequent is considered flooding (ms)
fadeInterval=2000; // floodlevel decreases when messages typed less frequently (0=not used) (ms)
maxFloodLevel=2; // how many times allowed over the limit (floodLevel can go up and down)

Put what ever you like. That's why it is defined in the setup
Oooo...only maxlevel 2 ...got to be careful not to spam on your server
Quote from SilverArrows77 :hehe - Strangely enough it actually behaves quite well with that setting - if someone writes four or five consecutive lines in a short time they tend to get two warnings in it, then the kick - which is very near the same settings as we used to run with lappers flood action - though lapper never had the warnings - just the msg on kick

Reason is that the level increases now only if the interval to the last message is less than 1000ms. The level is 0 in the beginning and so it would go like 0->1->2->3+kick. I guess nobody can write that fast, must come from spamming with predefined F keys.

I thought the warning would be good... I wouldn't like to be kicked w/o a warning first. If you have been warned you can blame only yourself.
So far m8 it's working quite well, myself and Silver tried to get the rotator working on the demo between BL2R and BL2, 4 races of 8 laps, qual=0, bias 1 then rotate, unfortunately it rotates after one race, we can't figure out why as silver had it working fine on his own pc.

The output of the xml files, vcom is on drive "E" and im trying to output the files to C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\out with this command, output_directory=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\out; is this possible as it seems not to work.
Quote from Punchy :So far m8 it's working quite well, myself and Silver tried to get the rotator working on the demo between BL2R and BL2, 4 races of 8 laps, qual=0, bias 1 then rotate, unfortunately it rotates after one race, we can't figure out why as silver had it working fine on his own pc.

Have gotten this too and it seems as it happens after new pople join while others are racing. If there's a stable crowd of drivers it rotates after the number of races set in the config.

Vcom tool and rotator
(131 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG